CHURCH CELEBRITY SCANDALS - who do we believe?

I get impatient with threads/topic like this..I am a better sinner so I get to scrutinze your sins....and make a judgement about you and consider boycotting ..your.... product.... service...records....church etc etc....
What EVER came of the Christian view of "forgiving 7x 70" or "be ye tender hearted...forgiving one another as Christ forgave you"
..."taking the log out of one's own eye,first" ....."the one without....sin may cast the first stone from the Bible"
Repenting of sins can be done publicly or privately...with a-n-y-o-n-e....AND WE ARE ALL SINNERS....high profile people low profile people no profile people.... serve our Lord as best as can and try to do a bit better than the day before .....

So...If we took an itemized integrity inventory of each other...gave an "exam in who honestly walks a moral path" so that only the civilized Christians would form a worshipping body.... well....the pews would be and remain empty ...only the NON SINNERS..the flies and cockroaches would visit...and no one would buy anything from anybody....no one could..and btw..I'd FLUNK in the first minute. I sure hope people will continue to check out my books at the library and/or buy them...buy my books,anyway.....God knows... I struggle EVERY DAY EVERY HOUR with my sins...sometimes it 's made public and sometimes in privately to my God...Are these these Christians any less entitled to their process and their privacy..

Jesus said ....
ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
The Word says...There is No one rightous .. no not one
not you ..not me...
if anyone on this thread is sinless let me shake your hand...and ask how did you get so perfect? tell me the big secret....then I can be afforded the luxury of pointing/shaking a righteous and sanctified finger.

I hear you, and respect your opinion. I don't believe anyone on here, myself included, is without sin. That's obvious. Like I've mentioned before, these people are in positions of power, yet abusing the same power God gave them to minister/teach other people. It becomes an issue when chuches/ministers/pastors and the like prey on middle class or poor individuals by making them believe they are supporting a good cause (i.e. Sunday school for the kids, building fund etc.) and will receive blessings when the money is going towards private jets, cars and let's face it - their kid's tuition.

If anything it's these same people that are pointing the finger at you and I in terms of sin, but only God knows what they do in the closet.

JOJ.....you are a lovely spirited woman of God...period...it sure is not my place to put anybody in anyone's place.lol..I cannot even find my own..place...I struggle and stumble so..often..and it is not pretty

Op... your thread mentions most of these people either offered apologies or repented...so unclear/puzzled as to why ..if that's good enough for God..why that would not be good enough for me...

Donnie Mclurkin sang a song on the show about how you can fall down but ..get back up again... on "Girlfriends" and preached from Romans
There is NO condemnation for those in Christ Jesus with such honesty such power..I wept and do you know why he could...speak with such honesty? Because he is a living example of one who has seen pain of what sin does.....hundreds of hundreds saw that show and were moved...and good was done..Don't you think God had a hand in that?

Donnie Mclurkin (insert any Christian Celebrity) has fallen and wants to get back up again.....why shouldn't that help be given him as Christian?
don't we do... what we do... behind closed doors..too?
l suppose it comes down to what does it really mean to carry the name of Christ ..what are the values? ..biblical ones?.or ones that suscribe/mirror worldly ideals?

How about an experiment? What if we were to retitle this thread and the opening paragraph?
CHURCH CELBRITY SCANDALS -who do we believe?
The media......the gossip .....the sensationalism.....
all tools of the enemy? .........or The Word of God that sas we are to pray for those in authority..and that says ...
There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus

Sisters ..let's offer our prayers to these leaders who have been blessed with influence and power that they may lead with the mighty hands of God... open their eyes to any deceit..knowingly or unknown so that they may rectify any wrong and humbly walk in the true light of Christ...

and teach us Oh God..

to have compassion and patience as they struggle with their own sin,temptation,and relationship with You..that we are all subject to
both personal sins and those made public......We pray so they can continue to spread the Message and bring more sisters and brothers to the divine Family to feast at the banquet table

The Lord uses imperfect people OP

Moses was a murderer...but he saw God's face
Miriam was racist.....but led the dance of praise
Mathew was a tax collector as in embezzler...but was chosen by Jesus
Paul was a mass murderer..but wrote ultimate book on Love read 1 Corinthians 13...the entire chapter
Rahab was a jericho harlot....but saved Joshua the heir leader of the chosen people
David an adulterer/murderer...but was the great leader...who had his initiation by fearlessly killing the giant Goliath..
and wrote repentance in Chapter 51 of Psalm
Jacob swindled his own twin brother.....but wrestled with God and was blessed

Peter denied Christ 3 times and the first thing Jesus said when He saw him was

Peace be with you

Last edited:
Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers?
hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord.
And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee:
go, and sin no more.”

Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."
Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers?
hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord.
And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee:
go, and sin no more.”

Powerful. Thanks for both posts. I agree with you, when those are in sin we must pray them up. But there is a difference when praying for those who repent, and those who know their wrong and keep sinning to no avail.

Back