Chicago ladies get in here!!

syze6

I have found a stylist! After years of trying new stylist, I have found one in which I have no complaints. The salon is called Days Salon, it is on the corner of plymouth court and Van Buren, downtown Chicago. They use all Aveda products and the shampoo girls are really good and gentle on the hair. You get the same results as that of the domincan and egytians salon. The hair is left soft and bouncy, without all the extreme heat.

My stylist name is Joseph (312-427-2107)and the heat of his appliances ,is equivalence to the heat I use at home. I loved that he was gentle with my hair. He detangled first, and he used a paddle brush while blow-drying and he wasn't ripping through my hair. I even commented to him, how I loved the way he handled my hair. I was so happy with my hair, I had to tip him $10. My husband joked about how he looked like he was in deep though doing my hair. I do recommend, you ladies try him. The salon is very nice inside, it's a relaxed atmosphere and it smells like a salon and not a burnt hair house.

Thanks lady! I have been on the search for a new stylist now for almost 2 years. I have a lady I'm going to, but I feel the heat is slightly excessive. Next wash and blow I'm def going to try him. What are his prices like?

syze6 said:
I have found a stylist! After years of trying new stylist, I have found one in which I have no complaints. The salon is called Days Salon, it is on the corner of plymouth court and Van Buren, downtown Chicago. They use all Aveda products and the shampoo girls are really good and gentle on the hair. You get the same results as that of the domincan and egytians salon. The hair is left soft and bouncy, without all the extreme heat.

My stylist name is Joseph (312-427-2107)and the heat of his appliances ,is equivalence to the heat I use at home. I loved that he was gentle with my hair. He detangled first, and he used a paddle brush while blow-drying and he wasn't ripping through my hair. I even commented to him, how I loved the way he handled my hair. I was so happy with my hair, I had to tip him $10. My husband joked about how he looked like he was in deep though doing my hair. I do recommend, you ladies try him. The salon is very nice inside, it's a relaxed atmosphere and it smells like a salon and not a burnt hair house.

chiprecious said:
Thanks lady! I have been on the search for a new stylist now for almost 2 years. I have a lady I'm going to, but I feel the heat is slightly excessive. Next wash and blow I'm def going to try him. What are his prices like?[/quote]

Do tell. I'm looking for someone professional to do my relaxers. I've tried doing them myself but it's a very tedious process. I want someone that isn't gonna rip thru my newgrowth and not scrubb my hair/scalp while shampooing.
Did he rollerset you and sit you under the dryer or did he just simply blow dry you? How long was your wait? Was parking available or did you have to drive around searching for parking? Would you happen to know what perm he uses? Sorry for all the questions but I need to know:lol: . Do you have any pics to post?
TIA!

I paid $45 for a wash/blow dry, I don't know about the relaxers. As far as parking there are meters on the street. I spent about an hour or so getting everything done.

Oh my goodness...that's great! I work right down the street and I ride by there every day but they're never open that early (actually, they're right down the street from a Yehia's). The salon looks very nice from the outside, so I always peer in the window and wonder if they do a good job on A/A hair. Thanks for the heads-up. $45 is a bit high to spend on a wash/blow dry on a regular basis, but it's nice to know for when I want to treat myself.

Was your stylist African-American?

OMG, I love that salon!!, I remember when I went this one guy was infactuated with my hair, someone else was going to do it, but he was like umm no, I wanna DO IT!!!, this was when I was still midback, and he worked magic. when I do home for my birthday I'm going to try to find him, he was the only black dude there, and he worked in the station closed to pylmouth by the window, by the dryers... whats his name?

Ok so I'm am impatient busy body and couldn't wait....:look:
I called him and spoke to him. I won't be going to a relaxer touchup.

I asked if I could come and watch him do a relaxer and he said he didn't know when his next relaxer was scheduled.....

So then I asked how does he smooth the relaxer....
He said with a comb...
I'm thinking....why are you being so vague mannnn!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I asked do you use the teeth of the comb or the back of the comb to smooth and he said he uses the teeth of the small comb!!!! :ohwell:

I'm looking for someone that will relax me w/o combing the relaxer/using the teeth of the comb. IMO it removes to much elascticity and allows the relaxer to overlap even more than whats it's going to do anyways. Oh well..back to the drawing board.

Are there any stylists there that can speak english well? I went here once because I wanted my eyebrows done once and it took me 5 minutes to figure out that they guy was saying they dont do eyebrows.

deejoy said:
Are there any stylists there that can speak english well? I went here once because I wanted my eyebrows done once and it took me 5 minutes to figure out that they guy was saying they dont do eyebrows.

:lachen: :lachen:

Ok so I'm am impatient busy body and couldn't wait....:look:
I called him and spoke to him. I won't be going to a relaxer touchup.

I asked if I could come and watch him do a relaxer and he said he didn't know when his next relaxer was scheduled.....

So then I asked how does he smooth the relaxer....
He said with a comb...
I'm thinking....why are you being so vague mannnn!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I asked do you use the teeth of the comb or the back of the comb to smooth and he said he uses the teeth of the small comb!!!! :ohwell:

I'm looking for someone that will relax me w/o combing the relaxer/using the teeth of the comb. IMO it removes to much elascticity and allows the relaxer to overlap even more than whats it's going to do anyways. Oh well..back to the drawing board.

oh they use the dye brush too, ask for the black girl, with glasses, she is the relaxer girl,she did mine, it came out nice!!! dont let the Ossama men do ur relaxer or give u a cut, ask for the black dude(cut guy and stylist) and the black girl(only for relaxer, shes not that good of a stylist). I sound so color blind but its the truth:ohwell:

Back