Votes: 31 19.4%
  • Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea

Votes: 110 68.8%
  • Both

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
Ok, just wanted to update. I went barhopping, and I got quite tipsy, but let me say, my hair STILL the bomb! Like I said earlier, no more shedding, and I played in it all night. I had flat-ironed it earlier, to do a length check, but it got flat, so in-between bar #1 and #2, I put on some more heat protectant and flipped it (which also fell, btw). I have pics of both, and I'm figuring out how to put them up. Go Chi! I found the keratin mist for 11.99 at a bss (and 12 oz, i think, of the silk infusion at ebay for $20), so the price wasn't that bad to me, but I think the Aphogee treatments I mentioned in my last post helped, so I'll be buying both from now on.

Thank you LHCF!!!

I have been using the Chi Keratin Mist for about 2 weeks now...Ive been using it almost daily after my co washes.....So far I love it. ..I'm excited to see if after faithful use over time...Will it really strengthen my hair..

Yea, I seen your review on it on your blog. You are the reason I bumped this thread:grin:

I just bought the Chi Keratin Mist yesterday.

I've realized that I have been skipping a step while rollersetting as I always seem to lose more hair than expected. So after some research, I decided purchased Chi Keratin Mist and Infusium-23, not the Aphogee b/c I don't use heat with my rollerset.

I'll return with my verdict this weekend.

Last edited:
Can either othese be used on dry hair? I'm natural and would like to use it during the week without my hair frizzing up.

:bump: For those of you who use/or have tried the Chi Keratin Mist...how did your hair feel right after you applied it (on damp hair)? Did your hair feel soft? Slightly sticky, like some setting lotions? TIA

I LOVE APHOGEE! I can't rave enough about it, yes it stinks you need to use heat to get it active. I use heat so it works for me. It leaves a shine and silky feeling, I spray 2 pumps in 4 sections of my hair and call it a day. Staple in my home!

I LOVE APHOGEE! I can't rave enough about it, yes it stinks you need to use heat to get it active. I use heat so it works for me. It leaves a shine and silky feeling, I spray 2 pumps in 4 sections of my hair and call it a day. Staple in my home!

I am going to have to roll with JJ on this one...when I ran out of my Joico Leave In Reconstructor - I decided to try the Aphogee Green Tea - I can't believe I slept on this all these years....It's great!

Hey, did you guys notice (and I may be late and all), but there are two different bottles of aphogee green tea keratin reconstructors out there. There's one bottle with the little leaf on it with the old logo (as seen in pic of the OP), and then there's the one bottle with the newer logo and no little leaf. I have both bottles and also noticed that the ingredients are different. Any one know which one may be better? I cant tell as I'm constantly in braids under my wigs. :ohwell:

Although Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructor made my hair stronger it also made my hair hard/dry. I think I used it too liberally so I had to use more moisturizing leave-ins to balance everything out.

I will continue to use the product until it's gone (I just can't apply too much at one time).

I just purchased the Aphogee and I love it. My hair has so much body and it is very silky. I will use it everytime I use heat. I put some morrocan oil through my hair afterwards and my hair came out perfect. I'm thinking about getting the Chi for my everyday use to see how it works.

Is chi keratin not as strong as aphogee green tea, because I used the green tea and I think it might have been a bit too strong...

I use the Chi Keratin Mist when I flat iron. It's worked great as a heat protectant. I ran across it at TJ Maxx, which is really why I even gave it a try. :D

Okay so I finally bought the Chi Keratin Mist. I absolutely love it. it is great when you want to air dry. My hair is soft and shiny from it. When I use Aphogee's for air drying my hair felt coated... so I started to use it only when I flat iron. I have yet to use the Chi Keratin Mist when flat ironing so I can't tell you the difference with heat... but I intend to use both products. Aphogee with Heat... Keratin when air drying after co washing.

The best part is that I got the Chi Keratin mist for $7.99 at Marshalls!!!:grin:

I have been using the Aphogee for about 6 months now and love it!!! At first I was using it to air dry-BIG mistake. My was hard and unruly. Ladies, to reap the benefits of this product you must use heat.

I have been using the Aphogee for about 6 months now and love it!!! At first I was using it to air dry-BIG mistake. My was hard and unruly. Ladies, to reap the benefits of this product you must use heat.

Yes, I rollerset once and I sprayed it on my rollerset and let it air dry; Hard curls. I will use this on wet hair before using the blow dryer/flat iron next time to see how I like it

I just started flat ironing with the chi keratin mist. I love it! ive used both aphogee and chi but the aphogee seemed to leave my hair super hard a few days later and I didn't even use that much, but this chi keratin is blowing me out the water. I'll take pics when I'm finished!

Attachments

• DSC01410.jpg
    DSC01410.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC01413.jpg
    DSC01413.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01414.jpg
    DSC01414.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01412.jpg
    DSC01412.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Very interested in the Aphogee keratin green tea mist. I'm looking for a quick and easy alternative to protein deep conditioning treatments to keep my hair strong. Do you guys use this daily, weekly, bi-weekly?

P.S.
Uh oh. I'm reading talk that it's very strong. I have medium to fine strands that get imbalanced very quickly. Oh well, I may buy it just to try it out and see if it's any good.

Last edited:
bumping! I need something to make my rollersets smoother and less poufy, but i'm afraid of all the protein. Does it act as a setting lotion?

Question for Aphogee/CHI/Other keratin spray users: do you only use this after washing hair on can this be applied to dry hair? (Like, could I use it a few days a week at night or something?)

I chose other-- I tried the Aphogee once and maybe it was my technique or my hair that day, but it made my hair feel kinda rough and crispy; I hated the way my hair felt and that was the one item I added to the regimen.

I recently bought the Joico liquid reconstructor for fine hair and so far so good; I'm willing to give the Aphogee another shot though, because it was just one time.

Question for Aphogee/CHI/Other keratin spray users: do you only use this after washing hair on can this be applied to dry hair? (Like, could I use it a few days a week at night or something?)

I chose other-- I tried the Aphogee once and maybe it was my technique or my hair that day, but it made my hair feel kinda rough and crispy; I hated the way my hair felt and that was the one item I added to the regimen.

I recently bought the Joico liquid reconstructor for fine hair and so far so good; I'm willing to give the Aphogee another shot though, because it was just one time.

I only use it after washing/conditioning...I haven't tried it on dry hair (Aphogee)...The Joico is great but I would only use it after washing/conditioning

Okay so I tried the Chi Keratin Mist, for the first time, about two hours ago. Although it's way to earlier to give a critique, I will say this....

After washing and dc'ing, I Saturated my hair with the Chi Keratin Mist, sealed with some oil and put 6 braids in. It's still air drying, but my hair is very soft and there is no crunchy feeling, which I did experience with the Aphogee Keratin Spray

So far so good...I will continue to use it and report back later (Thanks for your review Traycee!)

Okay so I tried the Chi Keratin Mist, for the first time, about two hours ago. Although it's way to earlier to give a critique, I will say this....

After washing and dc'ing, I Saturated my hair with the Chi Keratin Mist, sealed with some oil and put 6 braids in. It's still air drying, but my hair is very soft and there is no crunchy feeling, which I did experience with the Aphogee Keratin Spray

So far so good...I will continue to use it and report back later (Thanks for your review Traycee!)

Oh good....This stuff is gold in a bottle...Glad it worked out for you

I just bought the CHI Keratin Mist yesterday and will be trying it out tonight and using on a daily basis b4 moisturizing my ends. I have always wanted to try it but would always take it out the cart b4 checkout until I saw Traycee's review and my hair tends to love the products she uses. I've been using Aphogee for awhile now and I airdry without crunchy hard hair, I have always had good results using it. I do use very moisturizing leave in's so they may balance each other out.

Did a comparison within the last 2 weeks and Aphogee works for my fine hair. Keratin made it soft and all but that was it. Aphogee added great shine, softness and gave my fine strands BODY. LOVE IT.
I used Lacio Lacio with both and did roller sets and Aphogee won out.

Good thing since its cheaper than Keratin Mist. I'll save that for when Im stretching and airdrying

Last edited:
Back