Votes: 31 19.4%
  • Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea

Votes: 110 68.8%
  • Both

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
I'd like to use the Aphogee, but I'm a bit scared (the protein and all :o). Is it okay to use the Green Tea with my 2 x weekly rollersets? I feel I should be using something with the heat, albeit indirect heat.

same question. using a protein spray weekly with roller set, would that be too much protein? esp for someone like me that wants to also add Lacio Lacio or Salmerm B5 as a leave-in

I've been using the ApHogee daily after using a moisturizing leave-in and before applying a sealer. My hair loves it! I also spray the ApHogee into my root and let it dry, before I relax. The SSAs in it help the relaxing process.

I've been using the Aphogee for years and it's my tried and true. When I cut my locs and got a relaxer last year, my stylist would use the CHI on my hair and it responded really well. I never bought it for home use though.

I've used Aphogee off and on for 4 years. I'm back in the fold after straying. With all the talk about BTK, it just makes sense to go to the tried, true AND cheap:yep: I use this after shampooing. I also use liquid hair mayo. Once I put the hair mayo on first, then put the Aphogee on top. My hair felt totally fab after drying!

If you haven't tried it, get to Sally's and see what the fuss is all about!

I use the CHI Keratin Mist.

The Aphogee looked good online, but when I bought it, the ingredient list had apparently been reformulated. It contained too many ingredients, including some strong cones. So I returned it.

I also like that the CHI is for frequent use, while the Aphogee states that it's only for use after shampooing, and should be used with heat.

I use the CHI Keratin Mist.

The Aphogee looked good online, but when I bought it, the ingredient list had apparently been reformulated. It contained too many ingredients, including some strong cones. So I returned it.

I also like that the CHI is for frequent use, while the Aphogee states that it's only for use after shampooing, and should be used with heat.

I noticed that too :wallbash::wallbash:

I used to use the Aphogee one and it was the BOMB. not sure why i stopped using it. everytime i used it as a leave-in, my hair would be shiny and would hold curls really well, after flat-ironing. I used to also use it as a relaxer prep, to make sure no overprocessing. it worked and i never ended up with flat hair.

But i just read the ingredient list of the CHI on folica.com and it looks delicious, and can be used daily, so i think i'll give it a try!!!!

Spray CHI Keratin Mist - Leave-In Strengthening Treatment evenly throughout the hair and leave in, proceed with styling.

Ingredients:

Rosewater, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Silk Amino Acids, Acetamide MEA and Lactamide MEA, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazoline and Methylisothiazolinone, Nettle, Chamomile Extract, Algae, Aloe Vera, Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Parfum, FD&C Yellow 5, D&C Red 33, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

Thanks for posting this thread. I have been having the CHI for years and never really used it much. I was considering buying the Aphogee but know that I know that they are similar and it seems the CHI mist is actually more usuable on a daily basis. I am going to start using it. I get a relaxer in a couple of weeks, and I'll definitely use it prior to, to aid in the process! Thanks Ladies

I forgot to mention that I also use the Mane n Tail Moisture Enriched Hair Strengthener Daily Leave-In Conditioning Treatment spray (how's that for a product name? LOL) It's quite a bit cheaper than the CHI.

So far, I can't tell much of a difference between this and the CHI Keratin Mist...I'll have to use it for a little while longer to see if one of them is superior. The Mane n Tail contains Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Silk, panthenol, and a quat, and it also has the MnT botanical blend. It also has a water-soluble cone.

The only downside is that the MnT spray has a really sweet smell like blueberry jam, but it doesn't linger in the hair too long.

I have been looking at the Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructor. Haven't tried either of them so maybe I will just get both and do a comparison...

I bought Apohogee and tried it...it made my twist a little too dry for my taste...

Last edited:
I used the green tea keratin mist today for the first time. the verdict is still out... but i like the shine it provided.

How often are you ladies using the chi keratin mist or the aphogee's green tea? I'm still trying to learn how much protein is enough.

I used Keratin Mist today....my hair has so much body it's rediculous. It's very soft and has a lot of sheen. I like that you can use it everyday, but I won't be doing this. I just bought this product for very very special occasions.

I bought the Chi yesterday. I'm wenning right now, then I'm gonna use the aphogee treatment for damaged hair, and the balancing moisturizer (they say to use them together, is that right?), and finally, the chi keratin mist and silk infusion. All this to take hair pics later today, which I'll try my best to post. My computer skills ain't too tight, so we'll see.

eta: ok, it's 9:17pm now, and my hair is mostly dry. It feels FABULOUS! I barely lost any hair combing it out, and that's a big deal cuz I had been shedding. Can't wait to straighten it for pics!

Last edited:
IMO for the price Aphogee is the better deal... altho I've never used Chi, I think their prices are $$$$, but i LOVE the Aphogee Green Tea! It's amazing!

Just bought the CHI keratin mist today; their products are half price at TJ Maxx. I'm gonna try it tonight!

I don't have either, but this thread is making me want to try one of these (as these kinds of threads always do). I plan on rollersetting/using my flexirods more as the weather gets colder. I think I will run over to TJMaxx this week and look for the Chi Keratin Mist. If they don't have it, I will walk down a few stores and pick up the Aphogee from Sally's.

I have been using the Chi Keratin Mist for about 2 weeks now...Ive been using it almost daily after my co washes.....So far I love it. ..I'm excited to see if after faithful use over time...Will it really strengthen my hair..

Back