CHI Iron Guard?

straightlovely

Does anyone use this?

Anywho on the bottle it says to spray on dry hair and then flat iron. I usually don't blow dry but I was in a hurry so i did instead of air drying. What I did was blow dry with Joico K-Pak Leave In Protectant for Damaged Hair and CHI Silk infusion. Then I used one spray of the Iron Guard for each section I flat ironed. My hair came out really pretty and light...like it had almost too much body...i had to wrap it to stop it from taking over my head.:lachen:

My question is do you think this is enough protection for my hair? i am used to putting a serum heat protectant on before I straighten. I like the results but don't wanna set myself up for damate down the road! How do you guys use the iron guard?

first of all i bought it the same week as i bought sabino moisture block. MB kicked iron guard's ass.

the iron guard fried my scalp...i sprayed it on my roots and put the flat iron halfway down my hair...and nearly dropped it becausei felt my scalp burning. omg, never again. i took it back.

love silk infusion, hate iron guard.

I love chi iron guard for heat tools (flat, curling, etc. irons.) A little goes a long way. :look:

I usually section my hair, spray the length without saturating it, then use quick sweeping motions with the flat iron. I make sure to get my ends with the spray too. It stays light, bouncy, straighter, and shiny without being sticky :yep: Mama liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes.

I use the chi iron guard too. Its not bad but it sizzles (like its frying my hair) when i use the straighteners but I haven't noticed any damage or the smell of burnt hair.

Is that supposed to happen? Does anyone leave it to dry a bit then use heat?

I use Charles Worthington Straightening Cream and a drop of Keracare Silken Seal as leave-ins and leave it to airdry. I spray the iron guard down the length of my hair (~5 sprays my hair is just past bsl) then use the straighteners.

I think you should spray a bit more just to cover the length of your hair. But then the joico leave-in is also a thermal protectant...:perplexed.

I personally am not a fan of the iron guard. When I bought it, it made the flat iron sizzle when it touched my hair, and the it left my hair sticky and not light at all. SO maybe I used too much, but i ended up returning it and just betting some silk infusion which does my hair good now.

Heat protection sprays are tricky because you have to wait for them to dry before you use your appliance. Also temp control is imperative. But because it's lighter than a serum, it leaves more body in the hair, which is good for fine hair. Serums are more geared towards coarser hair textures because they give a smidgen of weight and silkiness.

Heat protection sprays are tricky because you have to wait for them to dry before you use your appliance. Also temp control is imperative. But because it's lighter than a serum, it leaves more body in the hair, which is good for fine hair. Serums are more geared towards coarser hair textures because they give a smidgen of weight and silkiness.

Thanks Artemis, I will do that when i straighten my hair later.

I totally agree with the bolded because without using a serum my hair would be all over the place! So i use the keracare serum to give it a bit of silkiness and shine while keeping it down.

Thanks Artemis, I will do that when i straighten my hair later.

I totally agree with the bolded because without using a serum my hair would be all over the place! So i use the keracare serum to give it a bit of silkiness and shine while keeping it down.

I didn't realize this until Artemis pointed this out. I have naturally fine/thin hair and when using serums in the past, I think I was too heavy handed and it did nothing for me.

Just after reading Artemis's post this morning before I washed my hair, I finally pulled out my Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Serum and used 2 drops. I worked through my hair and what a big difference it made!

I was planning to get rid of it, but now I am going to keep it. I really like how it worked.

hair-nourish-serum.jpg

Yes! For fine hair, less is totally more! :yep:

When I seal my hair with oil after moisturizing (which is rare--like when I am bunning) I literally use one drop of Vatika for my whole head.

I didn't realize this until Artemis pointed this out. I have naturally fine/thin hair and when using serums in the past, I think I was too heavy handed and it did nothing for me.

Just after reading Artemis's post this morning before I washed my hair, I finally pulled out my Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Serum and used 2 drops. I worked through my hair and what a big difference it made!

I was planning to get rid of it, but now I am going to keep it. I really like how it worked.

hair-nourish-serum.jpg

She saved me too :lol: Before I was adding tons of serums and stuff to my head and I would wonder why just two days later, it looked stiff or sticky and dry. Now I use half the amount of usually would and its all good. Fine hair really can't take it.

Back