Check Out My Color...And Length Check!!!

Love your length, great progress! Good luck on your colour I hope it works for you in getting it to your desire hue. HHJ

Here is a better pic of the length...I'm in the BSL by Dec 2010 Challenge, but I might just mosey on over to the MBL Challenge...I know it's a stretch, but hey :grin:

Attachments

• July Length Check 004.jpg
    July Length Check 004.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 52
Hey Janet', what about protein treatments? I first colored back in December and used Aphogee 2-min. reconstructer once, and after that I didn't use any kind of protein. Then I used Palmers coconut protein pack last week before I colored again and I plan to do another one when I wash tomorrow. Is it necessary to use them consistently if at all?I'm not bleached BTW.

I have never done a pure protein treatment. When I got my hair colored, she did a protein treatment and a hydration treatment. I am not an expert on how to maintain color across the board, I just know how to ensure my hair doesn't break...but you sound like you're on the right track!!!

do you wear protective styles?

I use more of low manipulation styling such as rollersets and buns (in the wintertime) and wash and go's (in the spring and summertime).

Love your length, great progress! Good luck on your colour I hope it works for you in getting it to your desire hue. HHJ

Thanks, it will. It's already toning down:yep:

I like your color and your hair is very pretty. You do a good job of keeping your hair healthy with color. Your hair is so thick!!!!!! Congrats on almost making bsl. You will be there in no time.

I am so scared to ever lighthen my hair again, last time I did it broke off and got super thin and it was a nightmare!!! But that was because I had dyed it jet black three months consecutively and still had a perm in it and on the fourth month got streaks on the top of my head... ugh it was so sad!!!! But once my perm grows out and the old dye I want color again and long hair!

I am so scared to ever lighthen my hair again, last time I did it broke off and got super thin and it was a nightmare!!! But that was because I had dyed it jet black three months consecutively and still had a perm in it and on the fourth month got streaks on the top of my head... ugh it was so sad!!!! But once my perm grows out and the old dye I want color again and long hair!

Yes! For me, it was either relaxer or color...That's one of the main reasons that I let go of the relaxer...And I only color once a year because I know that my color is tres drastic...Your hair would look great with color! :yep:

Yes! For me, it was either relaxer or color...That's one of the main reasons that I let go of the relaxer...And I only color once a year because I know that my color is tres drastic...Your hair would look great with color! :yep:

REALLY GIRL!!! Oh thanks for the info! I am going to let this perm grow out! I prefer color over a relaxer any day!!!! THANKKKKKKSSSSS!!!!! :)

Back