Check Out My Color...And Length Check!!!

Janet'

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday, I got my hair colored from my local stylist...I also decided to do a length check at that time...I'm closing in on BSL, I think (excuse the bra)...Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!!!

ETA: I have a new album of the entire process in my fotki...no password needed!

Attachments

• Hair 19.jpg
    Hair 19.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 594
  • Hair 24.jpg
    Hair 24.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 574
  • Hair 25.jpg
    Hair 25.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 598
  • Hair 26.jpg
    Hair 26.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 587
  • Hair 27.jpg
    Hair 27.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 652
to be honest I don<t really like the colour but i'm pretty sure the colour would be nicer when you hair is curly

Love your progress and length. Color is too bright for me though. Does it kind of tone down some? And, how is your moisture level with the color? I ask because I know lifting the cuticle messes up your moisture levels. Any who, keep up your work; your progress is great. Oh, and I luuuurve your siggy. Like LOVE.

Don't like the color, but your progress is nice. And I have always loved your hair from the moment I saw your siggy picture! HHG!

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to come back and thank you for all of the comments...I must admit that the color is VERY bright...but because I am a serial color-er, I know how this thing goes. I color once a year...and depending on whether I want to go darker or lighter, I will color in the summer or fall, respectively.

to be honest I don<t really like the colour but i'm pretty sure the colour would be nicer when you hair is curly

Yes, the color does look different on curly hair!

Love your progress and length. Color is too bright for me though. Does it kind of tone down some? And, how is your moisture level with the color? I ask because I know lifting the cuticle messes up your moisture levels. Any who, keep up your work; your progress is great. Oh, and I luuuurve your siggy. Like LOVE.

It DEFINITELY tones down...I posted the pics the day after the color and after washing, etc...It will "calm down" so to speak...I wanted brighter than the last time that I colored, so I got what I wanted...I'll post after a couple of weeks so you can see the change. Color is a tricky thing, I have to be very careful with how I handle my hair at this point because this is the time that I will either thrive or bomb...

I like the color, it's bright, but blonde suits you, and your progress is great. You have beautiful hair :yep:

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to come back and thank you for all of the comments...I must admit that the color is VERY bright...but because I am a serial color-er, I know how this thing goes. I color once a year...and depending on whether I want to go darker or lighter, I will color in the summer or fall, respectively.

Yes, the color does look different on curly hair!

It DEFINITELY tones down...I posted the pics the day after the color and after washing, etc...It will "calm down" so to speak...I wanted brighter than the last time that I colored, so I got what I wanted...I'll post after a couple of weeks so you can see the change. Color is a tricky thing, I have to be very careful with how I handle my hair at this point because this is the time that I will either thrive or bomb...
I remember in the beginning of my hair journey (years ago), i decided to get highlights and my hair broke off a little bit. Since then i've only used semi-permanents and henna once. I guess the thought of color terrifies me. Can you offer any advice on how to take care of color treated hair? I know they say your suppose to increase the moisture.

Your hair is very pretty.
I think your bra is really low, so you make it to BSL sooner than you think.

You are doing an awesome job maintaining the health and length of your hair. You are brave! It is bright but it looks good, can't wait to see pics in a few weeks!

I remember in the beginning of my hair journey (years ago), i decided to get highlights and my hair broke off a little bit. Since then i've only used semi-permanents and henna once. I guess the thought of color terrifies me. Can you offer any advice on how to take care of color treated hair? I know they say your suppose to increase the moisture.

Great question...When I wear my hair straight, I use oil and cream to keep my hair moisturized. I also try to limit my heat (usually wrapping works better for this)...

When I wear my hair naturally, I am using leave-in everyday, I'm sealing with coconut oil. I'm washing my hair with WEN cleansing conditioner. Low manipulation styles have helped my hair thrive thus far (and for me, in the spring, summer and into late fall- Wash and Go's are my best friend...I have been able to retain so much!!)

Your hair is very pretty.
I think your bra is really low, so you make it to BSL sooner than you think.[/QUOTE]

Girl, You are about to have me over here in a tizzy!!!!:drunk: I did notice that I wear my bra lower than many (but Intimacy fitted me that way :grin:) so I guess that when I reach BSL on my bra, I will be moving towards MBL...

You have made great progress and you are bold for coloring your hair. I want to so bad, but I know I'll be bawld if I try.

.................................................. ......

Last edited:
i think your progress is great. i love color on natural hair and am getting my hair colored this weekend. i was doubting it at first but your update makes me want to get my color even more.

You're making awesome progress.....but i think i'll really like the color when your hair is curly girl:)....keep it up tho!!:yep:

Back