Cheaper ORS Replenishing Alternative?

♦K.O♦

Hey ladies!

I'm back on the CW bandwagon. The only conditioner that my hair likes for condition washes is ORS replenishing conditioner. This is not a new revelation, but my deciding to give CWs another try is.

Is there any other conditioner out there that is cheaper than ORS? Granted, ORS isnt as pricey as my Nexxus or Keracare, but I use a lot of conditioner.

Any suggestions?

My hair does NOT like Suave, V05, or Herbal Essences. Hmmmm. Years ago I used Vive Curl, but I wonder if it would work the same now.

I *LOVE* them. When I can purchase the bottle, I use that. But when I use the individual packs, I use THREE.

ETA: I will still DC with ORS regularly, but if I am gonna CW on a semi daily basis, I'd like to have a cheaper alternative.

Last edited:
Do you have any Trader Joe's near you? If so I would suggest Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner. Its pretty inexpensive and is a GREAT conditioner filled with really good ingredients for the price.

Hey ladies!

I'm back on the CW bandwagon. The only conditioner that my hair likes for condition washes is ORS replenishing conditioner. This is not a new revelation, but my deciding to give CWs another try is.

Is there any other conditioner out there that is cheaper than ORS? Granted, ORS isnt as pricey as my Nexxus or Keracare, but I use a lot of conditioner.

Any suggestions?

My hair does NOT like Suave, V05, or Herbal Essences. Hmmmm. Years ago I used Vive Curl, but I wonder if it would work the same now.

My hair is like that too.

Suave, Vo5, Herball Essences, Tresseme, ect. instantly make my hair rough, tangly and hard/dry.

The only conditoners my hair really LOVES are Ors and silicon mix. Keracre humecto and john frieda magnefying (red) conditoner do a pretty good job.

So...if your hair is like mine....the only cheap conditoner that i've found *acceptable* was Hollywood Beauty cholesterols--I like the carrot one.
It doesnt give slip really, and its not super moisturizing, but neither is sauve or v05 i suppose, it does a nice cheap job at cowashing when i tried it in the past.---Another that wasnt AS horrible as sauve and them was Mane n tail....but it was still worse than Hollywood Beauty cholesterols.

Its $3 for a 16 or 20 oz i think.

My hair is like that too.

Suave, Vo5, Herball Essences, Tresseme, ect. instantly make my hair rough, tangly and hard/dry.

The only conditoners my hair really LOVES are Ors and silicon mix. Keracre humecto and john frieda magnefying (red) conditoner do a pretty good job.

So...if your hair is like mine....the only cheap conditoner that i've found *acceptable* was Hollywood Beauty cholesterols--I like the carrot one.
It doesnt give slip really, and its not super moisturizing, but neither is sauve or v05 i suppose, it does a nice cheap job at cowashing when i tried it in the past.---Another that wasnt AS horrible as sauve and them was Mane n tail....but it was still worse than Hollywood Beauty cholesterols.

Its $3 for a 16 or 20 oz i think.

Oh my goodness, a hair product twin! :blush:

Keracare Humecto Creme is my other staple conditioner, but it's more expensive than the ORS, and since I use a lot, I'm really not trying to run through a 5lb tub.

My hair really liked cholesterol (Lekair or Dark & Lovely) for condition washes in the past, but the cholesterol wouldnt give me consistent slip.

To the other poster, I dont think that I have a trader joes by me, but I will inquire. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey ladies!

Any suggestions?

MizzESQ, Have you tried Dominican conditioners, Miss Key 10 en 1 is really good and cheap. And as OP suggested Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, also they started selling ORS in large 32oz sized bottles.

MizzESQ, Have you tried Dominican conditioners, Miss Key 10 en 1 is really good and cheap. And as OP suggested Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, also they started selling ORS in large 32oz sized bottles.

@the bolded--YAY!!! Ohhhh tell me they're at BSS or Sally's or something. Cause I've been looking everywhere for this ever since I first tried the pak, with no results :( Or are you stating that Trader Joe's only place that has it in the bottle and at that size? TIA!

Alli, I've been using the 32 oz size for over a year now, but thanks.

AsTheCurlzTurns, regular BSS sell it for between $12 and $15.

My hair does NOT like Suave, V05, or Herbal Essences.

really? not even the ones with silk in them? the lavender / strawberry vo5 "silky experiences" conditioner detangles my hair almost like the ORS replenishing conditioner. they're not the greatest moisturizers, but they're good for detangling before i deep condition.

Proclaim Olive Glossing Conditioner is really good. It costs about $5.00 and you can use it w/or w/o heat.

I would have to use about eight packs of the ORS replenishing pack conditioner to saturate my hair, which would cost me almost $8 just to deep condition my hair once. Therefore, it would be better for me to mix it with my other conditioners, instead of using it alone.

Motions Moisture Plus conditioner--80 ounce tub costs me $19.49. This is a good alternative because it's cheaper to use and it detangles my type 4a/b hair. I can deep condition my hair 3 times with the 6 ounce tub, and it costs less than $3 if purchased at Walmart.

I heard good things about Mane N' Tail moisturizing conditioner, 32 ounces cost $4.99 at Walmart.

Also, I plan to try Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner 32 ounces for $5.99. It's pretty thick. I'll "doctor it" up to see how it works alone.

Incidentally, these three conditioners are mixed in with my home made mayonnaise cocktail conditioner, and they give me fabulous results.

Motions Moisture Plus conditioner--80 ounce tub costs me $19.49. This is a good alternative because it's cheaper to use and it detangles my type 4a/b hair. I can deep condition my hair 3 times with the 6 ounce tub, and it costs less than $3 if purchased at Walmart.

I agree with this. While I didn't like Motions relaxer, the at home products are actually pretty good. And they're cheap. I found a tube of the shampoo and conditioner in my drawer from when I was relaxed and I used it up recently. They even worked on my natural hair. I used to like their foaming wrap lotion too.

^^^^Not a bad price range, just can't find it down here no where, but going to try again tomorrow though. Thanks so much!

You might just have to keep checking stores. I couldn't find it in my area at first then I noticed 1 or 2 stores had it. Now over a year later all of them in my area have it in the bottle. But I'm not using it regularly anymore.

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol- cheap from £1.99 and very good I usually like high end stuff but this stands counter to counter with my Aveda and Nexxus- 'nuff said.

Last edited:
Hy hair also does not like vo5 conditioners. I've never tried suave but

My hair did like the Dove conditioner. That may be worth a try.

Hello Hydration Coconut -- blue bottle. 5 dollars for the big bottle in Walmart. $4 at Sam's Club.

HH is made by Herbal Essence but I think it is different from the other HE line of conditioners. I am not a fan of the other HE conditioners but Hello Hydration Coconut is VERY good to my hair.

try creme of nature nourish conditioner... its really really nice, with amazing slip also

I wanted to come in here & say that the new cream of nature conditoner...chamolie & comfry, organge bottle---has a VERY similar consistency to ORS replenish.

It doesnt have as much slip though, its alittle thicker. Im deepconditong with it right now.

I guess its not really a cheaper alterntative though because its $5 for 150z, and ORS is like the exact same thing doubled.

But, i guess if you only have $5 opposed to $12/$15 one day you can pick it up

MizzEsq and glamazon, thanks for that info. Unfortunately none of the regular BSS had it at all, and I went to 5 different ones. Finally on my way heading home, I was coming up close to Sally's Beauty Supply, so decided to stop in there and lo and behold they had it, only one bottle left on the shelf and I got it!!! Yay Me!! LOL The price was 11.99 on the bottle for 23 oz, but it was actually 11.79 using my Sally's card. So now I'm in heaven!! Thanks again!

Back