chayil0427 I don't think its because its nappy.. i think its because 3c hair....

Dannygirl

Tends to go faster.. See biggest thing is when we think of white people in gernaly they have blonde hair,brown hair,wavey,straight,curly
hair so when you have more to choice from people tend to think that is beautiful..
when as a whole black people tend to have black/ or browinsh color hair! or even lil darkred undertones (depending on what area of the world you go to) and i bet if black woman could grow out their hair down their back naturaly and FAST like other races do I dout there would be so much negativy behide it

cause 4 hair you can do so much with it.. you can braid it you can lock it you can sew it you and dye it you can lay it bake it fry it hahha i have mixture of 4 hair and 3c hair and i love it just as much as i love them as ,much as I love the other.. :lol:
me and my hair are freinds

Dannygirl said:
i bet if black woman could grow out their hair down their back naturaly and FAST like other races do I dout there would be so much negativy behide it
:wallbash: :lol: Well, someone better tell my white SILs their genes are messed up because mine grows faster than theirs. I am a member of a white forum (LHC) and there are threads dedicated to how much growth in a certain time frame. The speed of which hair grows is genetic, but race has little to do with it. Also, hair retention is based on a number of factors, hair strand thickness being the one everyone focuses on without realizing it.

Well, to my knowledge every type of hair grows about 6inches a year...I think with less kinky/coily hair, however, it is sometimes easier to keep it from breaking because it's not so dry. For this reason it appears to grow fast when actually it's just breaking less.

Chayil

What are you talking about? :huh: There are black women who can grow hair naturally down their backs! Look around this forum and others and you'll see black ladies with passed shoulder length to waist length natural hair.

There's white girls with fast growing hair.
There's white girls with slow growing hair.
There's black girls with fast growing hair.
There's black girls with slow growing hair.

Growth rate is determined by your genetics and possibly what you consume internally.
Retaining the hair that your grow is based on how you take care of your hair physically.

:lachen:I know that poohbear everyone has their own growth patterns with hair im just saying as a whole people tend to think "black peoples hair cannt grow" when they can and have just a matter of if they are informed enough to do so:) and im saying she should love her hair because she can do so many things with it :)!

Dannygirl said:
:lachen:I know that poohbear everyone has their own growth patterns with hair im just saying as a whole people tend to think "black peoples hair cannt grow" when they can and have just a matter of if they are informed enough to do so:) and im saying she should love her hair because she can do so many things with it :)!
Oh okay. Now I gotcha! ;)

Poohbear said:
What are you talking about? :huh: There are black women who can grow hair naturally down their backs! Look around this forum and others and you'll see black ladies with passed shoulder length to waist length natural hair.

There's white girls with fast growing hair.
There's white girls with slow growing hair.
There's black girls with fast growing hair.
There's black girls with slow growing hair.

Growth rate is determined by your genetics and possibly what you consume internally.
Retaining the hair that your grow is based on how you take care of your hair physically.

This is true...for me it's not a question of growth rate as I said because people of all races and hair types grow an average of 6inches a year...it's more an issue of the ease of retaining length. Yet, we see women on this forum, as you said, of all hair types with amaizing length so it's possible for all of us with a little dedication.

Chayil

Chinagem said:
OT: Dannygirl, you look so sassy in your avatar. Where are you from?
:lol: Yeah, she does look sassy in that pic with her hands in her hair like,"you know you like this, baby!" Gone head, girl!! :grin:

Back