Certifiable PJ's only please - holla at ya girl...

Tracy

Certifiable PJ\'s only please - holla at ya girl...

I know there are others of you out there...and for those of you who like to front like you're not, feel free to post on the PJ challenge thread...this one's NOT for you! We don't want to hear about how you never succumb to the base, money wasting temptations of PJdom!
littleangel2.gif
Save it!
laugh.gif

So here's my question for the REAL PJ's.....

When you have 15 conditioners, 6 shampoos, 5 moisturizers, 8 leave in's and a host of oils and serums that you LOVE LOVE LOVE (cuz don't we just love a whole lotta stuff ?
laugh.gif
) what's your rotation scheme? Like do you rotate monthly by product line? Do you know what shampoo and conditioners, for instance, work well together and so you use them together all the time - and have sets like that, that you rotate for a certain period?

I, for instance, like to use my Nexxus and my Dudley's stuff with one another because they both leave my hair feeling very light, airy and moisturized - so I don't usually need a real "moisturizer" - as such, I'll usually use a serum only with that stuff. Most of the time it's Fantasia. Becuase I dont like any of either of their leave in's fantastically I also use these most often with Salerm or Razac Leave In.

When I need heavier mositure treatmentand am willing to sacrifice a little of my bounce, I'll use Lustrasilk Cholesterol (the Aloe Vera). Since that line has no shampoo, I'll use the Lanza Shampoo and a medium wieght moisturizer like Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer, or Elasta QP Recovery (which is pretty light - but is a loner in that I don't use any other Elasta products). They seem to compliment the Cholesterol well.

Kenra conditioner goes with Lanza Shampoo as well. They seem to work well together and I've never used the Kenra shampoo so it needs a partner and Lanza fits the bill.

Generally, I try to stick with a product combo for two months because of my every other week protein mositure rotation.

How bout ya'll?

So much for keeping it simple. But it's fun! I can't help it.....it's a disease
grin.gif

Anyone else have a schematic approach to products that rivals the theory of relativity?
laugh.gif

Re: Certifiable PJ\'s only please - holla at ya girl...

I thought I was a PJ with 5 of everything but I see I ain't so bad. Lanza is worth a try huh?
I never wind up using the same poo/con back to back I was just thinking I should stick to one thing for a couple of weeks but I want different experiences.

I am a conditioner PJ.I wrote down all my conditioners that I use for conditioner washes on separate pieces of paper and crumpled it up and put it in a box.I did the same with my deep conditioners.
Everytime I have to wash my hair I pick one of the pieces from the box and use whatever I get.It is fun not knowing what you are gonna use!

I am a conditioner PJ.I wrote down all my conditioners that I use for conditioner washes on separate pieces of paper and crumpled it up and put it in a box.I did the same with my deep conditioners.
Everytime I have to wash my hair I pick one of the pieces from the box and use whatever I get.It is fun not knowing what you are gonna get!

Katie - that DOES sound fun. Talk about the "luck of the draw!"
grin.gif

Girl, I'm still too new at this addiction.
lick.gif
When the newness wears off and I can keep up with the change of the seasons I'll give a shout.
grin.gif

I guess one day I'll slow down and do the journal thing
spank.gif

Edited to add: Now it's just moisture, moisturize, moisturize, wash.

CNG....5 of everything, now you want Lanza, and you're not so bad, huh.....
laugh.gif

Yes darlin' Lanza is good. And you have all us "bad" PJ's to thank for trying it out and hooking you up ya ...
littleangel2.gif

Go directly to the challenge board, do not pass go, do not collect $200!
laugh.gif

Spagirl - why journal when you can run with the product wind?
laugh.gif
Pick out of a hat!
grin.gif

I guess you can say I'm into addition....add something else until it feels right and if all else fails Bumble and bumble leave-in w/oil, then bun.
laugh.gif
Heavy hair in a bun, it works for me.
grin.gif

Well, I am a PJ there I said it
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
I currently have:

Shampoo: creme of nature (dry), motions lavish shampoo, keracare first lather and hydrating, nexxus botanoil

conditioner: mizani moisturefuse, nexxus humectress, motions conditioner, keracare humecto (almost done)

styling aids: silk therapy, hot six oil, wild growth oil(replaces hot six, this stuff is the best), pink glosser

I am sure that I am missing some stuff but that is it for now. I am done mostly with the Keracare stuff and the nexxus, so I am not soo bad. I am going to buy the Regis hydrating balm
laugh.gif

When my product stock was at its highest level, I'd rotate by using my 'natural products' (Aubrey's, Giovanni's, oils) at the same time, and then I'd get sick of that after a couple weeks and switch to super synthetic salon products (Nexxus, Sebastian, drugstore). Then I'd switch back when i'd get on a no chemical trip.
Now, I don't really have a rotation....shame

Kaela....muy interestante...that's an interesting break down. I do that sometimes too.

Drustore quality vs. mid level salon quality (which to me is like Elasta) to top level salon quality (Nexxus).....

Cool!

Miss Vee - Repeat after me: "Say it long say it loud! I'm a PJ and proud!" WHOO HOO!
grin.gif
Don't be ashamed girl! In the illustrious words of the artist formerly known as...."Everybody in this world has got a vice...."
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
Everytime I have to wash my hair I pick one of the pieces from the box and use whatever I get.It is fun not knowing what you are gonna use!

[/ QUOTE ]

Katie what a great idea. I'm going to try that!!!

I am a certifiable born and raised PJ. 13 shampoos, 26 conditioners, 9 oils and those are just the ones I can remember right now. I know theres more.

I rotate everything by season and however my hair is doing at the time. If its dry I'll use my moisture stuff if it limp I use my protein stuff, and so on.

In the summer its mostly detangling stuff.

Hi my name is Diamondnh and I am a PJ. I may talk about reforming or cutting back but I don't think I am capable.

Currently in my arsenal I have:

Conditioners and Treatments:
Motions CPR, African's Best Hair Mayo, Lustrasilk Cholesterol with Aloe, Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor,LUST,
Keraphix, Humectress, Miss Key 10en1, Miss Key Black Conditioner, Garnier Fructis 3 Min Masque, Various V05 Conditioners, Various Suave Conditioners, Aphogee Damage Treatment, and Aphogee Moisture Balancer

Shampoos:
Motions CPR Shampoo, Tropical Garlic Shampoo, Various V05 Shampoos, Various Suave Shampoos, Nature's Therapy Unfrizzing Shampoo, Nexxus Therapee, Suave Clarifying Shampoo and Aphogee Shampoo

Leave-Ins:
Parnevu, Nexxus Headress, Nature's Therapy taming creme, and Infusium 23

Moisturizers and ETC.:
Soft & Beautiful Lite Moisturizer, Profectiv Healthy Ends, Profectiv Root Health, Elasta QP Recovery, Proclaim Carrot Oil Creme, Proclaim Coconut Hair Dressing, Proclaim Glossing Polish, Pantene Setting Lotion, and some setting lotion from Ultra Sheen, Proclaim Tea Tree Defrizz, Finisheen, and Luster's Pink Oil Sheen Spray

Oils:
Hot Six and Proclaim Natural 7

And some other stuff but I won't continue because it is a shame lol. But I don't have a schedule I just use things at random based on what my hair needs and what the product id for. There are some things that I haven't gotten to and some things that I really don't care for and won't be repurchasing. But I do love my Nexxus Products and my Lustrasilk which is cheap but effective.

[ QUOTE ]
what's your rotation scheme?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll use the same deep conditioner for 2-3 weeks and then switch to another one. I'll grab whatever shampoo strikes my fancy. Lanza, Elucence and Ampro Cream Fluff are the only ones in my shower right now...

I rotate to a degree. But sometimes if I really like something, I'll use it several times in a row.

what I tend to do is (as a person who can open a mini beauty supply store) use what fits in the bathroom at the time, until something strikes me to rotate out a few products. I don't know how many times I look through one or two of my product "hiding" spots and find something that I didn't remember I had and decide to use that again. It's neverending and I have no rhyme or reason to it...*shaking head*

I rotate shampoos depending on how dry or how much detangling I need. If I need extra detangling, especially when I am 7 weeks post and beyond I use CON. But during my early weeks I rotate with 4 other shampoos. My deep conditioners, I rotate depending on how my hair is behaving. Is is drier than normal, breaking, etc. As for my leave-in, it depends on my mood
smile.gif

diamond_nh, damn girl you got me beat
laugh.gif
, don't worry I just went to the bathroom and found about 10 items I forgot for my list
rofl.gif
I buy stuff and don't like it then hold onto instead of getting rid of it. This weekend I am going to clean out the cabinent, offer my friends what I don't want, donate it, or throw it out. I will fill you in on how it goes.

I put myself on a schedule like so with shampoo and conditioners:

Odd months (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov): QH Super Cholesterol strengthener deep condition for trimming (I take small sections, coat in conditioner to smooth and straighten, trim, and move to the next)

Even months (Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, Dec): Honey and Olive/coconut oil treatment (nice pampering treat—didn’t want to leave the even months out, really!)

During Even quarters (May & Oct): Aphogee strengthener treatment followed by Kenra + Back to Basics Sunflower Moisturizing conditioner (extra moisture added because Aphogee is intense)

During Odd quarters (Feb & Aug): New Era Reconstructor followed by Kenra (chose a reconstructor so that I wouldn’t have to Aphogee more than 2x per year)

Weekly: weeks 1&3: Shampoo with CON shampoo (must switch, though, scared of balsam) and deep condition with Kenra for moisture

Weekly: weeks 2 & 4: Shampoo with Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing (week 2)/Nexxus Aloe Rid (week 4 for clarifying) and deep condition with Palmer’s Hair Success for strengthening and New Era Hair Moisturizer for moisture-->more aggressive shampoos paired with protein strengthener

Mid-Week: shampoo with Avalon Organics Mango Awapuhi Moisturizing shampoo and condition with Mane n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner only (great, quick, combo that keeps hair soft)

Doing this helped me justify 6 conditioners/4 shampoos/2 protein strengtheners!

Re: Certifiable PJ\'s only please - holla at ya gir

It really just ends up being an "anything goes" on my shampoo/condition days even though in my mind I've created a cute, sweet little perfect regimen consisting of only a couple of product lines. Right now I've done good with my Elucence( 4 weeks!) ...and now this Deep Brilliance has come along. It WILLl be going into my regimen.

Re: Certifiable PJ\'s only please - holla at ya gir

Usually every month I change shampoo/conditioner combinations. I do tend to use the CON when I get alot of new growth.

[ QUOTE ]
MissVee said:
diamond_nh, damn girl you got me beat
laugh.gif
, don't worry I just went to the bathroom and found about 10 items I forgot for my list
rofl.gif
I buy stuff and don't like it then hold onto instead of getting rid of it. This weekend I am going to clean out the cabinent, offer my friends what I don't want, donate it, or throw it out. I will fill you in on how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Offering to friends and donating is good because at least you know that it is going to be used. I think my list is so long because I have been trying out alot of things since joining here. There are alot of things that I definitely won't repurchase.

I had to write it out because the other day I was looking in my closet and saying I don't have that much stuff lol. I am in denial and seeing it in black and white makes it real lol.

[ QUOTE ]
MissVee said:
This weekend I am going to clean out the cabinent, offer my friends what I don't want, donate it, or throw it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think offering to friends and donating is a great idea.
up.gif

talking to herself * Lanza and Deep Brillance, hhmmmm, If I get all the bills paid early, hhmmmmm, I do plan on blow drying in January, I would like Brillance*

[ QUOTE ]
Beloved said:
I put myself on a schedule like so with shampoo and conditioners:

Odd months (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov): QH Super Cholesterol strengthener deep condition for trimming (I take small sections, coat in conditioner to smooth and straighten, trim, and move to the next)

Even months (Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, Dec): Honey and Olive/coconut oil treatment (nice pampering treat—didn’t want to leave the even months out, really!)

During Even quarters (May & Oct): Aphogee strengthener treatment followed by Kenra + Back to Basics Sunflower Moisturizing conditioner (extra moisture added because Aphogee is intense)

During Odd quarters (Feb & Aug): New Era Reconstructor followed by Kenra (chose a reconstructor so that I wouldn’t have to Aphogee more than 2x per year)

Weekly: weeks 1&3: Shampoo with CON shampoo (must switch, though, scared of balsam) and deep condition with Kenra for moisture

Weekly: weeks 2 & 4: Shampoo with Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing (week 2)/Nexxus Aloe Rid (week 4 for clarifying) and deep condition with Palmer’s Hair Success for strengthening and New Era Hair Moisturizer for moisture-->more aggressive shampoos paired with protein strengthener

Mid-Week: shampoo with Avalon Organics Mango Awapuhi Moisturizing shampoo and condition with Mane n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner only (great, quick, combo that keeps hair soft)

Doing this helped me justify 6 conditioners/4 shampoos/2 protein strengtheners!

[/ QUOTE ]

notworthy.gif
Your one of my newest PJ idols.
notworthy.gif

Avalon Organics Mango Awapuhi Moisturizing shampoo: The name sound yummy!

I really not sure how to reply to this thread. I usually give the good rejects to my husband and son to use up. I recently donated a box of bad rejects to the women's shelter. I go to the salon every two weeks for a roller set so we are looking at doing my hair 2X/month.

I save the Kerastase for special occasions since it is too expensive to replace. On the drugstore side, I really like the Elasta QP Shampoo for relaxed hair. So, I will continue to use it in my regimen.

I like the Keracare line. But, I have been looking for a substitute for awhile now. I am considering Redken Smooth Down, Deep Brilliance, and Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious.

Maybe one day I will find the perfect shampoo and conditioner and stop being such a PJ! Ha!Ha!

MissB

Lucky me has a daughter with a different hairtype, so what works on me will usually work on her. I remember buying the Unfrizz Taming Creme after a rave from Tracy. Well, it did zip for me. But on my little girl's hair it was great.
Actually, I did buy the mega moisture gift set a few weeks ago even though I have plenty of Unfrizz Smoothing shampoo left. It will be rededicated as her shampoo as well.
laugh.gif

Back