Certifiable PJ's only please - holla at ya girl...

Re: Certifiable PJ\'s only please - holla at ya girl...

I have been avoiding this thread for a while...I thought it was a trick to convert me...How thrilled I am to find out this is actually a place to celebrate my addiction...uh I mean affection...for products...

You know your a prodcut junkie when:

You are in the conditioner isle at Walmart...with 5 bottles of Suave Conditioner...and a woman next to you ask if I...I mean...You would let her buy one of the bottles in your hand...

You know you're a product junkie when you take a packet of what you thought was conditioner back to Sally's Beauty Supply to ask the cashier what it is you actually bought...and then keep it anyway when you dont even need it...someone in your family might be able to use it.

You know you're a product junkie when you carry the hair serum capsules in your purse and you cant remember if the capsule is a serum for your hair or a vitamin E capsule for internal use....

You know you are a product junkie when someone visits from out of town and they forgot thier shampoo and conditioner and you tell them they dont need to go to Walgreens for anything...you have the STORE in your linen closet.

You know you are a product junkie when you have no space in your refrigerator because your tubs of conditioner and homeade rosemary spritz all keep better in the fridge...and they need the space more than food does!

I need help...pray for me.

Pookey....

A junkie? You're just conscientious girl!!!!!!
laugh.gif

That Walmart story is too funny....I've actually had that happen to me and said no... (What?! it was VO5 Strwberries and Cream!)....

These rotation schemes are AMAZING. I'm loving it. Keep 'em coming....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
notworthy.gif
Your one of my newest PJ idols.
notworthy.gif

LOL

Avalon Organics Mango Awapuhi Moisturizing shampoo: The name sound yummy!

it does, doesn't it? I love, love, love it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found out tonight that I'm a PJ too. Not just shampoo's, conditioners and stuff but everything. Since September, I've purchased a ceramic flat iron, a heating cap, bonnet hair dryer, caruso steam curlers, a three drawer bin on wheels(to hold all my oils, shampoo, conditioners moisturizer, supplements) and its too small gonna haveta get another one. Just tonight after reading the run dont walk to buy SURGE, I immediately went to walgreen's web site and ordered some. I'm hopeless but I dont care. S-CUURRL
laugh.gif

You can buy surge on the Walgreen's website?

sekret.gif

Well these are all really creative ways to use your products ladies. I applaud you all for your innovative approach to haircare...
grin.gif

And thanks for helping me avoid finals.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Lucky me has a daughter with a different hairtype, so what works on me will usually work on her.

[/ QUOTE ]
I meant what doesn't work on me will usually work on her.

[ QUOTE ]
You can buy surge on the Walgreen's website?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it can be ordered this way, I got my confirmation e-mail soon after placing my order. Now I'm just on pins and needles waiting for my e-mail letting me know its on its way.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
I have been avoiding this thread for a while...I thought it was a trick to convert me...How thrilled I am to find out this is actually a place to celebrate my addiction...uh I mean affection...for products...

You know your a prodcut junkie when:

You are in the conditioner isle at Walmart...with 5 bottles of Suave Conditioner...and a woman next to you ask if I...I mean...You would let her buy one of the bottles in your hand...

You know you're a product junkie when you take a packet of what you thought was conditioner back to Sally's Beauty Supply to ask the cashier what it is you actually bought...and then keep it anyway when you dont even need it...someone in your family might be able to use it.

You know you're a product junkie when you carry the hair serum capsules in your purse and you cant remember if the capsule is a serum for your hair or a vitamin E capsule for internal use....

You know you are a product junkie when someone visits from out of town and they forgot thier shampoo and conditioner and you tell them they dont need to go to Walgreens for anything...you have the STORE in your linen closet.

You know you are a product junkie when you have no space in your refrigerator because your tubs of conditioner and homeade rosemary spritz all keep better in the fridge...and they need the space more than food does!

I need help...pray for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got one:

You know your a PJ when your at a store and someone looks in your cart and ask "Are hair products on sale today?"

How about a maintainance man eyeing all your hair products and asking, "Do you do hair?". And he only saw the stuff in the kitchen pantry!
laugh.gif

BTW-- I told him 'yes'.
blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
How about a maintainance man eyeing all your hair products and asking, "Do you do hair?". And he only saw the stuff in the kitchen pantry!
laugh.gif

BTW-- I told him 'yes'.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
laugh.gif

BTW-- I told him 'yes'.
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Good thing he didn't see the rest of your stash (or mine as far as that goes). His respone might have been
blush.gif
if he did.
laugh.gif

I feel like I'm at home ! ! !
trampoline.gif

I currently own only one shampoo, Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo, but I have a host of moisturizers, pomades, oils, etc.

Conditioners: Deep Moisturizing Mane 'n Tail Conditioner, R&N Conditioner, VO5 Strawberries & Cream (or sumthin like that) Conditioner, Daily Defense Tender Apple Conditioner, etc., I know I'm forgetting some.

Deep Conditioner(s): Motions CPR, Aveda Cherry Almond Bark Reconstructing Conditioner, ORS Hair Mayonnaise (though I'm prolly gonna throw it away because of it's laural sulfate content), Queen Helene Cholesterol Hot Oil

Moisturizers: Profectiv Mega Moisturizer (in the tall pink bottle), CD's Some of Marguerite's Magic, etc., I know I'm forgetting some.

Leave-in Conditioners: 911 Leave-in, African Royale Leave-in, etc.

Pomade: CD's Kizzi "stay-put" pomade (great for twists, braiding, whatever you need it for to keep the frizzies at bay
smile.gif
)

Whew, sometimes I rotate, sometimes I'll use a certain product for a week or more if I really like it.
grin.gif
But I really like just about all of 'em. We need to start a PJ anonymouse 12-step program, y'all ! ! !
drunk.gif

Ok what are these capsules that contain serum that were mentioned above?
sekret.gif

Heuy GUrlies,

YALL KNOW I BE CRAKIN ON THESE PRODUCTS

I am trying to post a pic of the capsules...YOU GOTTA HAVE THESE..YOU NEED THESE...YOUR HAIR WILL DIE WITHOUT THESE!!!

Ok...I calmed down...you dont need them...and please dont carry them around...I have mistaken them for medicine for real...and it was just a matter of something distracting me before I could have swallowed this...I could have had hair growing out of my...navel if I had taken this...

Hair Serum Capsules

Well I have been cutting down, really but here's what I still use:
Jasons Jojoba shampoo and conditioner
Aphogee Protein treatment
Aphogee balancing moisterizer
These 3 I mix together and use a plastic cap and heating cap
Aphogee keratin conditioner
Cholesterol (5lbs tub)
Lamaur bone marrow conditioner tube

oils:
WGO
Amla dabur
mustard oil
hot-6-oil
jojoba oil
Marc's lano lustre
Beleive me I it was much worse I had 2-3 more shampoo and cond brands and I used to alternate 1st shampoo product a then 2nd shampoo product b. So I've made some progress I'm still downsizing though b/c I need to simplify my routine.

[ QUOTE ]
Beloved said:
I put myself on a schedule like so with shampoo and conditioners:

Odd months (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov): QH Super Cholesterol strengthener deep condition for trimming (I take small sections, coat in conditioner to smooth and straighten, trim, and move to the next)

Even months (Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, Dec): Honey and Olive/coconut oil treatment (nice pampering treat—didn’t want to leave the even months out, really!)

During Even quarters (May & Oct): Aphogee strengthener treatment followed by Kenra + Back to Basics Sunflower Moisturizing conditioner (extra moisture added because Aphogee is intense)

During Odd quarters (Feb & Aug): New Era Reconstructor followed by Kenra (chose a reconstructor so that I wouldn’t have to Aphogee more than 2x per year)

Weekly: weeks 1&3: Shampoo with CON shampoo (must switch, though, scared of balsam) and deep condition with Kenra for moisture

Weekly: weeks 2 & 4: Shampoo with Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing (week 2)/Nexxus Aloe Rid (week 4 for clarifying) and deep condition with Palmer’s Hair Success for strengthening and New Era Hair Moisturizer for moisture-->more aggressive shampoos paired with protein strengthener

Mid-Week: shampoo with Avalon Organics Mango Awapuhi Moisturizing shampoo and condition with Mane n Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner only (great, quick, combo that keeps hair soft)

Doing this helped me justify 6 conditioners/4 shampoos/2 protein strengtheners!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have got to be kidding!!!! But ya know, this sounds like a plan. I need to adopt me a plan with my stuff.

And the rest of ya'll PJs, I'm sick of all ya'll. I go to the BSS EVERY WEEKEND and spend a small fortune. And I do mean EVERY. This weekend, I had to get me some Surge ('cuz all ya'll keep talking 'bout it) and while I was there - and that was the only product that I was supposed to get
mad.gif
- I picked up some cholesterol and 3 of the products in the Loreal line, including LUST. And you know, I got some other stuff that I can't even remember cuz I didn't use ANY of it this weekend. DO YOU HEAR ME?????? NONE OF IT.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Somebody help me.

But on the flip side, I got this keeeeyuuuute black pazazz gift bag with my purchase. I was like, Oh, my goodness. That's a nice bag. And the lady behind me was saying that she had never gotten a bag like that before. And here I was thinking that they treat everybody like this. But the guy said that I had gotten some nice products and then he threw in a sample of shampoo and conditioner. So, I'm sure that I will prolly be adding those to my closet. My hair ALWAYS responds to EVERY product that I try. That's why I buy. But I'm done. I'm seriously going on a product challenge of my very own. Starting today. Ha!!! **Thumbing my nose up at ya'll***

laugh.gif
Now you sound like me! It takes me awhile to try a product that I have bought and even then I don't use it in a consistent basis. There are only a few products I use consistently.

Pookeylou thanks for posting. Can you only buy them online?

Back