Catnip Mist = Hair Moisturizer

charmtreese

Today while over my moms house she was looking for the catnip for her cat. She went into the bathroom and pulled out a bottle of Catnip mist. Me being hair obsessed immediately thought “Catnip spray huh??? I wonder what the rest of the ingredients look like, I might can use this on my hair”:look::look::look:. With NO hesitation I asked my mom to see the bottle, and even admitted as to why I wanted to see it (of course she’s used to my hair craziness and just handed the bottle over)!

After reviewing the ingredients I thought…This could be a nice moisturizer, it could allow me to stretch my Ojon Revitalizing mist a little longer!!! :spinning:

Here are the ingredients:

• Catnip (0.15) - which is an herb known for promoting hair growth.
  • Hydrated Castor oil (0.50%)
  • methylchloroisothiazolinone (0.0012%)- perservative
  • Water (99.3488%)

I think I'll give it a try!

Interesting. I did not know catnip was good for growth. Is that why cats are given it? I'm interested to see what others say.

I may try this, but I'm glad I don't have cats. I think it's supposed to be like kitty drugs. It makes cats really happy and hyper/mellow depending on their personality...

I have some catnip spray now. but mine doesn't list the ingredients :(

I can imagine my man walking in the room and seeing me spray catnip in my hair. He probably wouldn't even say anything at this point. :giggle:

Btw... am I just having a slow moment (it happens, lol), or are the percentages off in the ingredients list? It's more than 99% water??

I have some catnip spray now. but mine doesn't list the ingredients :(

I can imagine my man walking in the room and seeing me spray catnip in my hair. He probably wouldn't even say anything at this point. :giggle:

Btw... am I just having a slow moment (it happens, lol), or are the percentages off in the ingredients list? It's more than 99% water??

Yup! That's why I was thinking about making my own with some catnip tea, or dropping a tea bag in this spray botle!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::look:

How does it smell?

No smell at all...but catnip really doesn't have a smell...or at least the flakes my mom has doesn't have a smell.

Catnip tea is supposed to be good for split ends.

This is what I use it for. I buy catnip in bulk and make a tea from it and use as a final rinse. It also has added some very lite color to my hair and conditions it well. I used it for about a year before I became preggie w/ baby. Will start again, once my pp shedding stops.

Back