Catnip for split ends?

:look:

They are using it for color too right.

odd.

Cat nip is just herbs and flowers right? I guess it could work, I mean people use henna.

I don't think I would try it unless I was desperate for something new to try, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Oh lawd, my cats would be messing with my hair all night. I can just see it now: three high cats buried in my hair. :lol:

I was going to start a thread about this, but since there is one, I will post here.

I've been using catnip tea...based off the instructions from LHC...for about a month.

It's extremely conditioning :yep: and it does reduce split ends and those little white bulbs on hair.

I either spray it on to saturate my hair and rinse it off after 2 hours or just use it as a leave-in.

That's a no for me.

My cat would really not leave me alone if I used it!

This a a recipe for people who don't have a cat :lol:

That's a no for me.

My cat would really not leave me alone if I used it!

This a a recipe for people who don't have a cat :lol:

lol

No, I don't have any pets.

But I believe some of the ladies on LHC do and didn't have any problems.

Last edited:
I've done this and it works. I have 3 cats and they use to try to play in hair after using catnip tea,

Last edited:
slightly OT: between the catnip , listerine and vaginal creams...I am really starting to wonder....what WON'T we put in our hair in the name of progress?

I mean what if someone came in and showed us really impressive proof that 3 day old urine caused you to grow and retain 2 incHes in a month....how many of us would be :flush:??

im only half kidding :lachen:

Catnip actually has human uses, since it is really just an herb. It's just that some cats seem to love it, so that's what it's primarily used for. :grin:

Human uses:

Catnip tends to have a sedative effect on humans. It is most often drunk as a tea.

It is also useful for settling an upset stomach. It has also been used to treat headaches, scarlet fever, coughing, insomnia & smallpox.

Catnip can also be used for cuts, studies show it has a natural healing quality. Crush fresh catnip leaves, damp them & apply to your cut. **

Some other medicinal uses for catnip are: Anaesthetic, antibiotic, anti rheumatic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, diuretic, muscular aches and pains, rheumatism, chills, cold in the joints, haemorrhoids, toothache.

Pregnant women should avoid catnip.

It can also be used as an aromatic herb in cooking & salads.

Bibliography
* Science Daily
** 277 Secrets Your Cat Wants You to Know by Paulette Cooper & Paul Noble.

*** Herbal Advisor
-------------------------

Taken from http://www.cat-world.com.au/Catnip.htm

Now, I've heard it all...Listerine, Monistat, and now catnip.
People make teas out of all kinds of herbs...cats react to nettle, too - should we not use it? I could see the reaction to Listerine and Monistat, given that they are medicines that are manmade, for a totally different use. But catnip is simply an herb...nothing more, nothing less. It just happens to get some cats on a natural high. :spinning: I don't see why there's big shock value with this. Maybe it's just me.

Now, I've heard it all...Listerine, Monistat, and now catnip.

Many folks get caught up in the "brand name" hype. The ingredients are all that really matter. I try to look past the commericial uses of a product.

Now.... as for this catnip craze going on over at our step-sister site......
NO. I'm scared of cats so I'm not touching anything that has the potential of attracting one.

My comment wasn't a value judgment Ladies. It was simply a remark on all the different things on this site that women use in their hair. I didn't say anything about not using it (or using it for that matter).

As I scroll up I see someone else had the same sentiment.

Did y'all miss the bull semen thread?!? That was far too far for me!! I can deal with the monistat, not so much the listerine (alcohol content worries me), and the catnip, but I draw the line at bull semen!! :lachen::lachen:

My comment wasn't a value judgment Ladies. It was simply a remark on all the different things on this site that women use in their hair. I didn't say anything about not using it (or using it for that matter).

As I scroll up I see someone else had the same sentiment.
Oh no, I didn't take it as a judgment, I just wondered why everybody was surprised. LOL! I don't know if I can lump this in with the bull semen and MN. LOL!

Did y'all miss the bull semen thread?!? That was far too far for me!! I can deal with the monistat, not so much the listerine (alcohol content worries me), and the catnip, but I draw the line at bull semen!! :lachen::lachen:
Yeah that's a very thick line that I will never be crossing!!! :lachen:

Back