Caruso results on natural hair

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I did not have very good results from these. I guess because my hair is natural and very frizzy. I think they would be great for anyone that is relaxed. Sadly I will be returning these.

To prep my hair for the caurso's I air-dried it (like in the "Another way to air-dry album") by banding it so it would be stretched out as much as possible. Then I used a moisturizer and oil, put the roller on the steamer for a few seconds but that didn't seem like enough so I left it on longer (like 8-10 seconds). Maybe that was too long but the roller wasn't wet or anything. I left the rollers in approx. 20 minutes.

On the first use (freshly washed hair) it came out extremely frizzy w/ no really good curl definition. The second use which I did 2 days later when my frizz had calmed down a bit, the curls came out better but when I went to style them they turned to fluff:.

Here's the link to my album and please excuse the hole in my shirt, hee hee hee. It's my favorite shirt.http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/caruso_results/

Also, any tips would be appreciated. I may get up the nerve to try them again....I don't know.

I don't really have any tips..sorry :ohwell: I think your hair looks really curly and pretty in the pics I just saw! When I used my caruso's I used them on flat ironed hair. What sucks is that even though the curls were banging, later on the frizz started I'm guessing since water/steam is being used to form the curl. So there went my straight flat ironing :lol: I will still continue to use them though just maybe try to perfect the amount of seconds I leave them on the steamer.

The curls look great to me -- not just hanging there, I would have combed them out so my hair was loose with a hint of curl. This is the look I go for daily with Caruso.

I use Caruso to give me a "I just woke up with these sexy curls" look, rather than a tight, smooth set.

It's for loose, wavy, wild sexy hair in my opinion. Although ...I think if you tried setting lotion, the really small rollers, letting the hair dry for five minutes after rolller removal and using a spike to pull out the spirals ... you could achieve a better defined look.

Thanks for posting this Pokahontas. I wanted to try the Caruso rollers and was wondering how they would work on natural hair. I am sorry it didn't work out for you but your post has just saved me a trip to Sally's.

Oh and I have to tell you again, your hair is gorgeous;)

Synthia said:
The curls look great to me -- not just hanging there, I would have combed them out so my hair was loose with a hint of curl. This is the look I go for daily with Caruso.

I use Caruso to give me a "I just woke up with these sexy curls" look, rather than a tight, smooth set.

It's for loose, wavy, wild sexy hair in my opinion. Although ...I think if you tried setting lotion, the really small rollers, letting the hair dry for five minutes after rolller removal and using a spike to pull out the spirals ... you could achieve a better defined look.

Thanks, yeah I combed out the curls (didn't get pics of that) and that's when disaster struck:lol: . It would be ok if I were going for a Diana Ross look. I rocked it though:cool: , lol. My hair was blowin in the wind like Chaka Kahn. Thanks so much for the tips. I didn't try setting lotion so maybe that will help.

P.S. Why is my boyfriend in your siggy!? Hee hee hee:lol:

testimony777 said:
Thanks for posting this Pokahontas. I wanted to try the Caruso rollers and was wondering how they would work on natural hair. I am sorry it didn't work out for you but your post has just saved me a trip to Sally's.

Oh and I have to tell you again, your hair is gorgeous;)
Your welcome. Yeah, I figured I would post since a lot of people were asking how they worked on natural hair. Maybe some naturals will chime in and tell us their secrets *crosses fingers*. Your hair is beautiful too girl. I got some serious shrinkage going on w/ my curls today and I'm so frustrated. I might have to pull out the maxiglide soon, lol.

*Bre~Bre* said:
I don't really have any tips..sorry :ohwell: I think your hair looks really curly and pretty in the pics I just saw! When I used my caruso's I used them on flat ironed hair. What sucks is that even though the curls were banging, later on the frizz started I'm guessing since water/steam is being used to form the curl. So there went my straight flat ironing :lol: I will still continue to use them though just maybe try to perfect the amount of seconds I leave them on the steamer.
Thanks Bre. Yeah, I didn't really want to use them on flat ironed hair because I was hoping this would be a good no heat style option and plus I was pretty sure the steam would revert the press anyway.

I just bought the carussos. I ordered them online and haven't recieved them yet. I'm also natural but I was considering trying the phyto first. Thanks for the post though!

Back