Caruso Curls

Nicetameecha

Hi everyone - I have tried the caruso system and my curls are long lasting...but frizzy. Because of this, I only do the Caruso curls when I am at home (not in public).
Can any of the caruso experts give me some advice?

Is it possible to achieve smooth curls with such a steamy roller?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks!!

how long are you leaving the rollers on the base? i think the max is 10 seconds. any longer, and the roller would be way wet, which would cause frizziness. if you're not leaving it on long, i'd say to try putting end papers on your hair and then curling.

adrienne

try giving the rollers a quick shake before rolling. dazz, dont be embarrased, caruso is a steam molecular hair setter. do a search on the board, there are loads of threads on it! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dazzlingd, these are the caruso rollers:

20761.jpg

adrienne

Nicetameecha

Perform a search on the board using the word caruso and u should find a lot of information. I use the rollers in the following way.
I add any type of moisturizer, leave in or whatever and let my hair dry. I personally let my rollers sit on the steamer for a minute or two. For me the hotter the better.
Shake your roller hole side down and that will rid the roller of excess water. I rap end papers completely around the roller (2 pieces of end papers if necesary) then roll the hair. I wait until the caruso roller is no longer hot before taking it out of my hair. If my hair is not dry I then put in a plastic magnetic roller until the hair is completely dry. That should help with the fuzzies. Sometimes I also use setting lotion for dry hair on the hair right before using the caruso rollers. IT works for me.
Good luck!

Hi Adrienne - I leave the roller on the base for 30 seconds or so. I don't think that's very long...is it?
I'll try the end papers! Thanks!

nicetameecha, in some situations more isn't better. this is one of those situations. the instructions in the booklet say 10 seconds max. i could even see maybe 15 seconds, but 30 seconds is WAY too long!!. i believe your hair is frizzing because you're rewetting it. before buying the end papers, try leaving the rollers on the base less time. trust... it will hold the curls from the 10 seconds! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
try giving the rollers a quick shake before rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh! /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif
I didn't even think to shake out the excess water, Pandora! Thanks for the advice. I will be trying the Caruso's again soon and let everyone know how it goes.

i believe if the roller has enough water to shake off, you've probably left it on the steamer too long, but let us know how it goes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Back