CAROL'S DAUGHTER - I am SO mad with you right now!

taytay86

Maybe the natural hair product thing isnt for me - but I mean damn...

So I got all excited wanting to try the rosemary seamoss shampoo, I ordered the poo online and tried it this evening. The smell was amazing, I just knew my scalp was in for a treat - but then I started washing my hair and I was like WTF:ohwell: The "shampoo" didn't lather (I'm having silicon mix flash backs:nono:) but I was mostly in shock when I rinsed my hair. "Umm...why does my hair feel like I added a coat of bees wax to it?" Not cool. Not cool at all. I had to wash that ish out my head IMMEDIATELY (something told me to bring my clarifying poo:rolleyes:)

Overall very disappointing - I would go as far as disgusting.

Ugh. I think I'll just stick to my salon hair care prods.

Onwards and upwards!

Wow :( I am sorry to read that. I've never used any of the poo's but from what i've read in the past they aren't much to write home about. The things I do like and use regularly are the Healthy Hair Butter and the Mimosa Hair Honey. I am sorry that this sucked!!

Maybe the natural hair product thing isnt for me - but I mean damn...

So I got all excited wanting to try the rosemary seamoss shampoo, I ordered the poo online and tried it this evening. The smell was amazing, I just knew my scalp was in for a treat - but then I started washing my hair and I was like WTF:ohwell: The "shampoo" didn't lather (I'm having silicon mix flash backs:nono:) but I was mostly in shock when I rinsed my hair. "Umm...why does my hair feel like I added a coat of bees wax to it?" Not cool. Not cool at all. I had to wash that ish out my head IMMEDIATELY (something told me to bring my clarifying poo:rolleyes:)

Overall very disappointing - I would go as far as disgusting.

Ugh. I think I'll just stick to my salon hair care prods.

Onwards and upwards!

I had the same experience.

I've heard that NONE of her products are all that great...(sure does fool the eye when you see Jada Pinkett-Smith & Mary J sitting up on her website with glamorous locks!):perplexed

I ordered the Saturday Morning collection from CD, I like everything but the Shampoo, I now use it to wash my feet... it actually feels great on my feet and since most foot products use some type of mint or rosemary anyway....why not

I've heard that NONE of her products are all that great...(sure does fool the eye when you see Jada Pinkett-Smith & Mary J sitting up on her website with glamorous locks!):perplexed

OK! I haven't heard much positive about the line. I used to see it in Sephora and think about getting it, now I just walk on by.

There a bunch of other all natural lines that get good reviews that you can try if you still want to go that route. There is Qhemet Biologics, Oyin, Anita Grant, Blended Beauty, Asha's, My Honeychild, etc. You just have to find one you like

Yeah they do hype her line all up I orderd the Sat. Morning special as well and I like everything but the shampoo. It also leaves your hair feeling all dry and tangled, AMESS :nono: and they really got me with Jada's slogan "oh how my hair grew so long". But in reality she did say she only used the hair balm and the elixr oil. In conclusion I think we should all write her a letter telling her how the shampoo dosnt work b/c maybe she dosnt know this stuff.........or does she :ohwell:

I used to buy from her when she was selling in her Brooklyn brownstone. I use nothing of hers now.

Yeah they do hype her line all up I orderd the Sat. Morning special as well and I like everything but the shampoo. It also leaves your hair feeling all dry and tangled, AMESS :nono: and they really got me with Jada's slogan "oh how my hair grew so long". But in reality she did say she only used the hair balm and the elixr oil. In conclusion I think we should all write her a letter telling her how the shampoo dosnt work b/c maybe she dosnt know this stuff.........or does she :ohwell:

Ha! I agree.

It's funny how they used that slogan for Jada, when she's fully wearin' a full head of weave, or possibly a lace front:nono:

I had such a bad experience with the poo, I dont even want to try anything else.

I have to concur on the Rosemary poo; I didn't like it either, but I do love the Healthy Hair butter, the Black Vanilla Leave in, Tui Leave in conditioner, Hair Balm, Lisa's Elixir, and the Tui Smoothie conditioner.

I use the Black Vanilla Leave-in (it smells sooo good) and the Healthy Hair butter when I do my bantu knots and twistouts; I get good results from it.

I use the Tui Leave in after shampooing, and also a little of the Hair Balm and Lisa's Elixir (like a dime size amount).

I actually LOVE Carol's Daughter! I have not tried their shampoo but the stuff I have tried I LOVE and honestly can no longer live without. I use the health hair butter, black vanilla leave-in conditioner and Lisa's hair elixir oil. All have done wonders with my hair. Especially the butter and the leave-in when I put my hair in a bun. it also has helped quite a bit with this harsh winter I 've been experieincing in Chicago. MizAvlon, don't walk on by :nono: pick it up and try it :yep:. Just past the shampoo.

Wow, it must be true that what works for one-doesn't have to work for another.. I love CD shampoo! Most products raved on her don't work for me and the ones that are never mentioned, do work for me. Interesting..

It took one use from her Khoret Amen Shampoo for me to swear off her products. Immediately, I realized that something wasn't right. My hair was a HAM. I had to re-wash it a couple of times before getting out of the shower and I was too scarred to try the conditioner. I can't stand the way some of her things smell. :nono:

I still have a jar of her mimosa hair honey. I've only used it once when i rollerset to control the frizz. It was pretty good except i used a little too much. I have not tried it recently. I have to try and find something to do with it.

Have you guys checked the ingredients in her products, they are not natural, she try's to get that rep from the way she markets, but if u read the ingredients on most of the stuff it's not nnatural. I also had a bad experience w the shampoo, the black vanilla leave in , smelled good, but my hair laughed at it , i might as well sprayed water on my hair, the butters are good, but a little to heavy for 3b-3c hair, I just was not impressed , especially for the rediculous price she has on this stuff. This is my experience, and i give it a thumbs down!!!

my hair hated the rosemary shampoo but my hair LOVES the tui shampoo. its so moisturizing and the lather is great. the black vanill shampoo is good too just not as moisturizing as the tui.

Back