Can't Belive It! 3rd Corrective...Amazing Results

brnz271

This is my first post on the hair board, but I just had to post this. So, 2 years ago I transitioned and did the BC. I stayed natural for a year and then decided that I wanted to texlax. I used ORS Olive Oil No Lye and self-relaxed. I liked the results at first. I still retained most of my curl pattern and thickness. Soon though, the detangling got the best of me and I decided I wanted to go straighter. So, of course I decide to do a corrective myself:rolleyes: I used ORS Olive Oil No Lye once again and it got a little tiny bit straighter, but it still was a pain to manage. I usually would rollerset it and then flat iron it.

On Friday night I was up on the board reading and all of sudden I decided that I was going to go for another corrective because I was sick of dealing with the different textures. This time though, I was going to let a professional mess with the chemicals. I tried twice and did not get the results I wanted. Also, I was afraid that if I did it myself it would be a disaster.

So, I went to the salon the next day and told the stylist, my hair was previously processed but I wanted a corrective done so that all my hair could be one texture. She said okay and began. She used Vitale Lye relaxer on my hair and after she rinsed out the relaxer and neutralized the hair she used a restorative treatment. Afterward, she put me under the dryer for about 20 minutes. Then she blew dry my hair with a comb attachment and lastly, flat ironed my hair.

The results were wonderful. I am so in love with my hair again. It is soft, silky and has shine. Not only that, but even though it is straight it still retained some thickness. This is so much better than my very dry hair I had before when I used a no-lye relaxer. I am so happy I decided to go through with this 3rd corrective even though there were a lot of risks.

What's even more amazing is that when I comb through the hair the strands are still strong and don't break. I comb through my hair and hardly see any strands on the comb.:grin:

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Photo 36.jpg
    Photo 36.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 173
  • Photo 48.jpg
    Photo 48.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Photo 47.jpg
    Photo 47.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 182
The first picture is of my wet texlaxed hair. The second picture is of my straightened texlaxed hair (the second time).

The last two pictures are of my recent 3rd corrective with a lye relaxer.

Your hair is so beautiful and healthy looking. Congrats on getting the look you wanted.

I have questions though. How long did she leave in the relaxer and did she put it on the new growth first and THEN do the rest of the hair?? How long on each?

.....struggling to get rid of texlaxed hair also.

Your hair is so beautiful and healthy looking. Congrats on getting the look you wanted.

I have questions though. How long did she leave in the relaxer and did she put it on the new growth first and THEN do the rest of the hair?? How long on each?

.....struggling to get rid of texlaxed hair also.
She relaxed the new growth first. The new growth in total was about 20-25 minutes. Then she smoothed from the roots to the tips. The relaxer was on the ends for about 10-12 minutes.

Your hair looks great!!! What was the time frame between your corrective relaxers...
For the one just recently done I waited 6 weeks after I texlaxed. At that point I was just really not satisfied with my hair, so I could not wait to just have it all be one texture.

That's great.

When I went to a salon for a corrective, my hair got overprocessed. Kudos to your hairdresser for doing a good job!

Glad it turned out well. Your hair looks very nice, and you're very pretty. Are you going to go back to no-lye or stick with lye?

Glad it turned out well. Your hair looks very nice, and you're very pretty. Are you going to go back to no-lye or stick with lye?
Thanks :) I'm going to stick with lye. When I had no-lye dryness was always an issue, but with lye it is not really an issue. Of course I will still continue to moisturize and pay attention to my protein/moisture balance though.

Back