Can You TaKE a HAIR COMPLIMENT?

i sure can! Lol someone told me, like a week ago or so, that i had "a nice head full of hair, it's all thick and stuff" mind you, i thought my hair looked like straight doo doo that day...just a ponytail with the ends tucked in and i have noticeable new growth, but i just turned around smiled, said thanks and when i met my friend a little bit later, i bragged to him about it too! :giggle: (he was a party pooper, he said "man if that's THE one thing they complimented you about then what's it say about you? :rolleyes: he was joking though)

I love the compliments and have gotten used to them over the years. My hair has never been long, but people are always complimenting on shine, style, thickness, health, movement, etc.

I am no good at accepting compliments. It makes me uncomfortable and I usually say or do something awkward. But I definitely need to program myself to just say thank you with a smile.

Yep, love the compliments. It's getting so I wish I could do a seminar or pass out a brochure. People want to know what I am doing to my hair. I want them to know that they could more than likely achieve the same results. Most women that I talk to, don't even know that they have curly hair. Once I had my hair in two braids and a woman complimented my hair and said she wished she could wear her hair like that! ??? I wish I could explain it all, but usually, I'm accosted at work or their at work etc...

I absolutely can, and I love them. It helps to validate the hard work that I put into taking care of myself. I usually smile and say thank you.

Compliments encourage me! I used to not be able to take them because I never felt like I was living up to my own standard, but believe me when I realize that things could be far below than "standards worth compliments" I learned to take them.

Look at where you started and look at where you are now...improvement right? There you go!

I don't feel comfortable taking a compliment about the texture of my hair....I didn't do anything to achieve it, I was just born that way. I have been in situations where someone has gone on about how "good" my hair is and how their n**** naps need perm and a hot comb :ohwell: - it really made me uncomfortable especially since such self-deprecating remarks were made in the presence of "others". However, I happily accept compliments regarding the style :)

I do. If someone gives me a compliment on my hair like how well I can fit all kinds of hair styles and lengths and my hair has a nice texture I'm like "No" :|

I sure can take a compliment although I always ask are you serious to those who know I'm on a hair journey (like who doesn't now..) - I can also beat a compliment out too; by swinging my hair and flat out asking - hey, take a look, what do you think! Shameless, I know:)

Back