Can you love any Christian man (romantically) if you trust God enough?

Ladies, don't feel bad or feel as if you are doing something wrong. You either like a person or you don't. It's just that simple.

Love comes when it comes and when it does come, it flows without any effort or brainwashing or endless questions regarding your attitude and/or tastes.

So relax and allow love to happen and flow. You'll know. Afterall, God is not about confusion and He will give you the wisdom and the realization of the man who belongs in your lives. And it IS just that simple. :yep:

How can I say this? Because God has promised to give us wisdom if we but ask. And He will not deny it from us....ever.

When love comes, you will know and it will flow. Just allow God to be at the helm of your heart and mind. You will not be deceived nor mislead.

Yeah, I know you are right. Sometimes I feel bad for not liking or being attracted to the good guy but the guy which may not be best for me. I mean, I try to see if something is there but these good, celibate guys don't attract me. I don't know what it is cause the non-celibate ones are the ones I am attracted to and that is where the problem lies with most Christian men ....and women:look:

Please pray for me.:yep:

Yeah, I know you are right. Sometimes I feel bad for not liking or being attracted to the good guy but the guy which may not be best for me. I mean, I try to see if something is there but these good, celibate guys don't attract me. I don't know what it is cause the non-celibate ones are the ones I am attracted to and that is where the problem lies with most Christian men ....and women:look:

Chica you're so easy to pray for :kiss: :yep:

And so easy to be lead of God our Father.

For you:

Father I thank you that you lead us not into temptation and deliver us from all evil. Let not mine eyes nor my heart, neither my soul fall upon and favor men whom I am not 'fitly joined' to by you.

I surrender my choices to you alone, and allow you impart your wisdom, your foresight, your discerning power to see beyond the outter surface of all men. Let not my heart be deceived, neither grieved for you alone will protect me.

Wherever he *my future husband* is, let him feel my heartfelt prayers for him. Train my heart to pray and to sense his needs as if he were here beside me now. Train my heart to know his comings and goings as you do. Train my heart to look upon no other except him and him alone. Train him likewise and more. Let him be wise to know that I am 'she' who he has been longing for and no other. Let his heart be yielded to you and to prayer; knowing fully that you are there to lead him in the paths of Righteousness, which keep him in right standing with you and in love with me forever...

In Jesus name, this now belongs to you and so do we. And with all of my heart I honor the love of you and the love you have reserved for my life mate, my husband---his wife, we as 'One' as your son and daughter forever and ever.

Amen and Amen... :love2:

I just feel you and feel for you. What you wrote reminded me of something I wrote a little bit ago on the Relationship Forum about re-representing men. In short, when a man proves his unworthiness (becoming your ex in that instance) no longer think of him as "good" or that attractive potential mate but think of him as what he is. To that end, an ex-boyfriend lost the privaldedges of having his name and was renamed 'Mr. Phlegm'. Everytime I think of him, I think of phlegm, so no I didn't ever want him back.

After deciding I wanted to only eat healthy I re-represented all the fast food places along the street. Whenever I saw the golden arches I would think of vomit and for 4 years I haven't been able to eat there.

Re-representing things that look good to us is something God has told us to do. He has said, there is a way that seems right (looks good) unto man, but it's end is death. He has told us to look by His Word which is what messed up Adam and Eve. Eve saw the fruit and it looked good, therefore she ate it. She didn't look at the fruit and say, "oh that is gross b/c God says so". When we don't re-represent what our eyes see to align with God's Word, then life becomes more difficult.

All this to say, immediately after reading your response here I thought of this passage where a young man doesn't re-represent in his mind this woman in Proverbs 7.

6 At the window of my house
I looked out through the lattice.
7 I saw among the simple,
I noticed among the young men,
a youth who lacked judgment.
8 He was going down the street near her corner,
walking along in the direction of her house
9 at twilight, as the day was fading,
as the dark of night set in.
10 Then out came a woman to meet him,
dressed like a prostitute and with crafty intent.
11 (She is loud and defiant,
her feet never stay at home;
12 now in the street, now in the squares,
at every corner she lurks.)
13 She took hold of him and kissed him
and with a brazen face she said:
14 "I have fellowship offerings at home;
today I fulfilled my vows.
15 So I came out to meet you;
I looked for you and have found you!
16 I have covered my bed
with colored linens from Egypt.
17 I have perfumed my bed
with myrrh, aloes and cinnamon.
18 Come, let's drink deep of love till morning;
let's enjoy ourselves with love!
19 My husband is not at home;
he has gone on a long journey.
20 He took his purse filled with money
and will not be home till full moon."
21 With persuasive words she led him astray;
she seduced him with her smooth talk.
22 All at once he followed her
like an ox going to the slaughter,
like a deer stepping into a noose
23 till an arrow pierces his liver,
like a bird darting into a snare,
little knowing it will cost him his life.
24 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
pay attention to what I say.
25 Do not let your heart turn to her ways
or stray into her paths.
26 Many are the victims she has brought down;
her slain are a mighty throng. 27 Her house is a highway to the grave,
leading down to the chambers of death.

All this young man saw was beauty, perfumed sheets, etc. He did not see what she really was, death. Perhaps if you can re-represent these guys you meet that are attractive on the outside, fun, enticing etc. and think of them as 'death' it can be helpful. You might even try putting a picture of death on them like thinking about nasty cancerous growths, or fully blown AIDS side effects or just a lump of nasty dead poo.

I too have prayed for you. Stay strong!

I just feel you and feel for you. What you wrote reminded me of something I wrote a little bit ago on the Relationship Forum about re-representing men. In short, when a man proves his unworthiness (becoming your ex in that instance) no longer think of him as "good" or that attractive potential mate but think of him as what he is. To that end, an ex-boyfriend lost the privaldedges of having his name and was renamed 'Mr. Phlegm'. Everytime I think of him, I think of phlegm, so no I didn't ever want him back.

After deciding I wanted to only eat healthy I re-represented all the fast food places along the street. Whenever I saw the golden arches I would think of vomit and for 4 years I haven't been able to eat there.

Re-representing things that look good to us is something God has told us to do. He has said, there is a way that seems right (looks good) unto man, but it's end is death. He has told us to look by His Word which is what messed up Adam and Eve. Eve saw the fruit and it looked good, therefore she ate it. She didn't look at the fruit and say, "oh that is gross b/c God says so". When we don't re-represent what our eyes see to align with God's Word, then life becomes more difficult.

All this to say, immediately after reading your response here I thought of this passage where a young man doesn't re-represent in his mind this woman in Proverbs 7.

6 At the window of my house
I looked out through the lattice.
7 I saw among the simple,
I noticed among the young men,
a youth who lacked judgment.
8 He was going down the street near her corner,
walking along in the direction of her house
9 at twilight, as the day was fading,
as the dark of night set in.
10 Then out came a woman to meet him,
dressed like a prostitute and with crafty intent.
11 (She is loud and defiant,
her feet never stay at home;
12 now in the street, now in the squares,
at every corner she lurks.)
13 She took hold of him and kissed him
and with a brazen face she said:
14 "I have fellowship offerings at home;
today I fulfilled my vows.
15 So I came out to meet you;
I looked for you and have found you!
16 I have covered my bed
with colored linens from Egypt.
17 I have perfumed my bed
with myrrh, aloes and cinnamon.
18 Come, let's drink deep of love till morning;
let's enjoy ourselves with love!
19 My husband is not at home;
he has gone on a long journey.
20 He took his purse filled with money
and will not be home till full moon."
21 With persuasive words she led him astray;
she seduced him with her smooth talk.
22 All at once he followed her
like an ox going to the slaughter,
like a deer stepping into a noose
23 till an arrow pierces his liver,
like a bird darting into a snare,
little knowing it will cost him his life.
24 Now then, my sons, listen to me;
pay attention to what I say.
25 Do not let your heart turn to her ways
or stray into her paths.
26 Many are the victims she has brought down;
her slain are a mighty throng. 27 Her house is a highway to the grave,
leading down to the chambers of death.

All this young man saw was beauty, perfumed sheets, etc. He did not see what she really was, death. Perhaps if you can re-represent these guys you meet that are attractive on the outside, fun, enticing etc. and think of them as 'death' it can be helpful. You might even try putting a picture of death on them like thinking about nasty cancerous growths, or fully blown AIDS side effects or just a lump of nasty dead poo.

I too have prayed for you. Stay strong!

I love the scripture here.

Ladies, don't feel bad or feel as if you are doing something wrong. You either like a person or you don't. It's just that simple.

Love comes when it comes and when it does come, it flows without any effort or brainwashing or endless questions regarding your attitude and/or tastes.

So relax and allow love to happen and flow. You'll know. Afterall, God is not about confusion and He will give you the wisdom and the realization of the man who belongs in your lives. And it IS just that simple. :yep:

How can I say this? Because God has promised to give us wisdom if we but ask. And He will not deny it from us....ever.

When love comes, you will know and it will flow. Just allow God to be at the helm of your heart and mind. You will not be deceived nor mislead.
Shimmie, I just love you. This topic doesn't really apply to me--I'm married and got married waaaay, looooong before I got saved-- but I thought the thread was interesting to read and your answer was so on point and stuck out for me. You always have the right words to say. Your prayer for Chicacanella touched me. You are truly annointed. I long to be able to have the right words for someone else one day. Thanks for your posts.

Thank you! I really needed to hear this!

I just wanted to get you ladies thoughts on this. I was having a conversation with someone and she said "you know the problem with your generation?" And I said "no, what?" And she said "you all don't know HOW to love.":perplexed

She basically proceeded to say that if you allowed God to move your heart enough, you could fall in love with anyone that was "Godly" and that she believes too many of us in this generation (I'm in my 20's, but she was referring to those under 40, so probably like 18-40) have all these "ideas" about "love" and that we need to just choose someone and let "God work out all the kinks"

I thought about this. What do you all think?

That's a recipe for disaster. Just marry anyone g-dly and let G-d work out the kinks? What about the person who turns out to be not so g-dly and you realize this after tying the knot? No, my friend, that lady was rather wrong. I mean, to put up with just anything from a man because he's from your religion and be silent through misery and pretend that G-d is working it out so you have the appearance of being able to love a man....that's very laughable!!!:lachen: I think that's more aptly named "desperation" and it's up a river in Egypt called....De Nile. I don't know why Black women are continually expected to settle.

Last edited:
Back