Can you ever go back?

zzirvingj

I swear this thought I was having today was provoked by an old Sex and City Episode but anyways...

I'd like to know your thoughts on if it's possible, once two people have been intimate with each other, to "take a step backwards" if they discover they want more than just sex...?

For example, two people decide they just want a sexual relationship. At some point one or both parties starts to feel a deeper connection with the other (emotionally, intellectually, etc.). Is it possible to successfully "start over" so to speak and establish a friendship that develops those emotional/intellectual connections into a possible serious relationship that extends beyond the physical?

If not, why not?

I don't think there is any type of "starting over" once sex is introduced and especially so if you were **** buddies prior to pursuing a relationshp. That said, it is possible to start something more serious provided both parties are on the same page (ie they are both looking for emotional attachment and are willing to forego physical contact for the sake of building a relationship).

I don't think there is any type of "starting over" once sex is introduced and especially so if you were **** buddies prior to pursuing a relationshp. That said, it is possible to start something more serious provided both parties are on the same page (ie they are both looking for emotional attachment and are willing to forego physical contact for the sake of building a relationship).

"(ie they are both looking for emotional attachment and are willing to forego physical contact for the sake of building a relationship)"

^I think the scenario I'm posing is really hard to do and I'm wondering why is it so hard? Do you think it's because people aren't willing to forego the physical contact for the sake of building a relationship most of the time?

Why is it harder to build a serious relationship once a sexual relationship has already been established? Is it due to lack of respect? Or perhaps lack of interest in a person once you've already had the person intimately?

"(ie they are both looking for emotional attachment and are willing to forego physical contact for the sake of building a relationship)"

^I think the scenario I'm posing is really hard to do and I'm wondering why is it so hard? Do you think it's because people aren't willing to forego the physical contact for the sake of building a relationship most of the time?

Why is it harder to build a serious relationship once a sexual relationship has already been established? Is it due to lack of respect? Or perhaps lack of interest in a person once you've already had the person intimately?

Because sexual relationships are easier. You come to an agreement of using each other for physical needs and it ends there. No emotions or feelings involved. Just sex.

To go from a purely physical relationship to one that involves much more is a difficult, though not impossible, transition. You just have to make sure you are both on the same page. Often times its one person who wants more while the other person just wants sex.

Don't put your feelings out there unless you are 100% certain you both want something more from each other.

It's possible but I think it really requires that one person realize that the sexual attraction isn't there. Either that or it requires a SERIOUS level of maturity amongst both of ya'll (that I don't think I possess :lick:).

It's possible but its difficult.

And I think what makes it difficult is folks try to act like they've moved on from some type of attraction (physical, sexual, emotional etc) - and are lying to themselves...

I don't think they start over, but I do think it is possible to turn a cut buddy into a husband. Depends on where their heads are at in the whole situation.

Back