Can you detangle daily?

Songbirdb

I was wondering, because I wash daily and detangle daily, is this harmful? I'm not seeing any breakage as a result of this... I'm extremely careful and I start at the bottom and work my way up with my jilbrere shower comb. Also, I detangle in sections. Is this okay or will I see problems in the long run.

I think you might have to play around with techniques and frequency. I don't have many detangling issues anymore because I make sure I use enough leave in and I wash my hair more carefully. Just pay attention to your hair. If you start seeing breakage or an increase in breakage, then you might have to make some changes.

I personally wouldnt wash AND detangle daily, just because i feel that the more manipulation, the more hair you'll lose in the long run. Even though you dont see the breakage, your hair is still pretty fragile when wet and there is an increased risk of breakage.

In the summer i sometimes con-wash a few times a week, but i dont detangle each time. I con-wash then put right into a protective style, where it dries that way.

But then again, that's just me and my hair is extremely fine/fragile/delicate. I know there are other women who detangle daily, and i dont think they've had excessive hair loss. I think it just depends.

HTH! :)

i con wash daily....and detangle maybe every 3-4 days. My conditioner is usually really slippery so i just allow the pressure of the water and conditioner to "detangle my hair"

I personally wouldnt wash AND detangle daily, just because i feel that the more manipulation, the more hair you'll lose in the long run. Even though you dont see the breakage, your hair is still pretty fragile when wet and there is an increased risk of breakage.

In the summer i sometimes con-wash a few times a week, but i dont detangle each time. I con-wash then put right into a protective style, where it dries that way.

But then again, that's just me and my hair is extremely fine/fragile/delicate. I know there are other women who detangle daily, and i dont think they've had excessive hair loss. I think it just depends.

HTH! :)

So its okay to co wash daily, I just shouldn't detangle along with it?

I was wondering, because I wash daily and detangle daily, is this harmful? I'm not seeing any breakage as a result of this... I'm extremely careful and I start at the bottom and work my way up with my jilbrere shower comb. Also, I detangle in sections. Is this okay or will I see problems in the long run.

Is there any particular reason why you feel the "need" to detangle every time you CW? Why not try spacing out your detangling to every other CW and seeing how that works?

I detangle everyday and so far I've had no adverse effects. Figure out what works for you and your hair by detangling less frequently one week and then detangling every day for another and ocmpare the results.

Is there any particular reason why you feel the "need" to detangle every time you CW? Why not try spacing out your detangling to every other CW and seeing how that works?

No not really. I just thought that if I didn't then tangles would form and it would get worse. I'll try your way though and see how it goes. Thanks

I did it for two years with no problems. I won't wash my hair without detangling because that's asking for trouble. So, when I washed daily, I detangled daily. Now I wash about every third day, so that's how often I detangle my hair. I try never to go longer than that. But you have to see what works for your hair. Watch it carefully and adjust if you start having problems.

I did it for two years with no problems. I won't wash my hair without detangling because that's asking for trouble. So, when I washed daily, I detangled daily. Now I wash about every third day, so that's how often I detangle my hair. I try never to go longer than that. But you have to see what works for your hair. Watch it carefully and adjust if you start having problems.

I would only add that De Tangling goes hand in hand with the widest tooth comb you can find. Slow and steady !!! No pulling.

Good Success!

I agree with those who've said to use TONS of "slippy" conditioner and just allow the water pressure to detangle it. That way maybe you only need comb to detangle every other day?

I sure do. I hink if I tried to just push it back without doing that, my hair would think it was a bad joke.

I could never detangle daily.....to much manipulation. I think it's fine to co-wash daily but I wouldn't detangle. Just use your hands to separate any tangles in the shower.

I co wash and detangle every day, but I am also natural. My hair would be one huge knotted dredlock within two days if I didn't. I did not do this when I was texlaxed and don't think my hair would have responded well to all the combing. I personally experienced more breakage from manipulation when I was texlaxed, but this was proably due to the fact that I did not take care of my hair at all and not the texlaxing.

Back