Can We Talk About Pixie Haircuts?

hunnychile

Anyone have or used to have a pixie haircut? I am really fiending for one but the idea of the maintenance is keeping me from pulling the trigger. I wear a natural short haircut now that takes no more than a few mins of brushing each day.

While molding my hair with wrapping foam seems cool, I am not looking forward to wielding a flat iron on a semi-regular basis to keep my hair tame. I also work out 4x a week, which isn't a concern with my current haircut but I have seen some sexy pixies that really have me considering getting one....

Can we please share experiences?

I wore one for years.

I was a weekly salon go-er back then and if had an important meeting for work, sometimes I would/could possibly go to the Salon twice a week to make sure my look was on-point.

Working out does require some oversight as well, so it wouldn't be looking crazy particular (nape & sides).

A Pixie does require a certain level of maintenance and a commitment to keep it up.

@hunnychile

I've worn a pixies over the years and love them. They were high maintenance. I used to wash my hair once a week. I self-relaxed regularly (every 6-8 weeks) and would book my visits to my stylist to coincide. Then I'd check my barber to line me up and have everything looking tight and finished.

On a rare occasion I would pin curl my top section, or just fluff it up at the roots. But mostly I'd end up using heat every other (if not every) day. Smh now...I don't know why I never used rollers or other forms of setting during any of those styles. But then my hair took good while before it started showing signs of abuse (probably because it was always freshly cut).

Yeah, it was a lot to keep it looking good but man did it look good. If I got one now, I'm not sure I'd be able to totally forgo the direct heat of the flat iron and get the look I desire from a pixie cut.

Back