Can we talk about blowdryers?

applebottom

I haven't use one in Years. I'm getting tired of sitting under the dryer weekly.. for hours at a time and air drying doesn't agree with me, in the winter months.

What kinda blowdryers are you ladies using? How often are you using them? Do you also use a flat iron?

**just typing blowdryer and flat iron together seems like too much heat for me**

I would try if at all possible not to use a blowdryer and then flat iron. That is too much heat I've found and it's KILLED my ends in the past. Just my two cents. I have a Wigo ionic ceramic dryer. I like it pretty well. Maybe you can partially dry and then use the blow dryer? Hopefully, someone with long healthy hair can come in and tell you how they've been able to blowdry andn flat iron.

I would like to know this too, as a natural hiding their hair until December. This was my method of straightening my hair -BEFORE and I found that it really dried my hair out and helped break off my ends. How do I get a silky head full of shaky straight hair without heat damage?

I would like to know about this also. I just purchased a ceramic blowdryer online because of the postive reviews that is has about heat damage, and shine, but was not sure if this made a difference or not. I know that no heat is the best, but is it true about the heat damage when you use a cermaic blowdryer? Compared to a regular blowdryer, is it better?

TIA!

DeDewantslongerhair said:
I would like to know about this also. I just purchased a ceramic blowdryer online because of the postive reviews that is has about heat damage, and shine, but was not sure if this made a difference or not. I know that no heat is the best, but is it true about the heat damage when you use a cermaic blowdryer? Compared to a regular blowdryer, is it better?

TIA!

I have been asking this same question, with no response:ohwell:

I have an Andis Cermanic Ionic blowdryer that is suppose to reduce damage that can occur from blow drying. It has this button you hold down while you blow dry that blows out cold air instead of hot but it also has the regular settings like hot/warm and Hi and low...I actually used the cold air function this weekend and my hair dried pretty good.

I have starting using a blow dryer over a month ago.My hooded dryer decided to shut down on me while my hair was still drying in a wet wrap.Frantic I had to run out and buy a blow dryer :driver:(no choice).I heard good things about the ionic dryer and purchased a andis ionic 1875 dryer.My hair came out silky and I was able to dry it in a bout 10 minutes..:D.I have a whole lotta hair so that was a small miracle.I highly recommend it.I have been using it off and on for over a month(when i'm to lazy to go to the salon) and it has given me no damage. Since I hate my flat iron right now,I just wrap my hair with a little oil and my hair comes out pretty good.

imani97 said:
I would try if at all possible not to use a blowdryer and then flat iron. That is too much heat I've found and it's KILLED my ends in the past. Just my two cents. I have a Wigo ionic ceramic dryer. I like it pretty well. Maybe you can partially dry and then use the blow dryer? Hopefully, someone with long healthy hair can come in and tell you how they've been able to blowdry andn flat iron.
Cosigning, using the blowdryer fried my ends. My ends are sooo much better since Ive been rollersetting and sitting under my soft bonnet dryer.

bump this post

since its gotten colder, airdying isnt as reliable for me anymore. so anyone else that uses blowdryers or bonnet dryers please respond

LadyJay114 said:
bump this post

since its gotten colder, airdying isnt as reliable for me anymore. so anyone else that uses blowdryers or bonnet dryers please respond

Did you relax your hair yet?....Where's the pictures:confused: I'm waiting:D

applebottom said:
I haven't use one in Years. I'm getting tired of sitting under the dryer weekly.. for hours at a time and air drying doesn't agree with me, in the winter months.

What kinda blowdryers are you ladies using? How often are you using them? Do you also use a flat iron?

**just typing blowdryer and flat iron together seems like too much heat for me**

Hi Applebottom,

I recently purchased the T3 Tourmaline Ionic blowdryer because it is supposed to be significantly less damaging than a regular blowdryer. My hair dries faster too. I use it after my hair has air dried for a few minutes or after I sit under my hooded dryer (also ion) for about 15 minutes. This way I don't blowdry from wet to totally dry.

I am thrilled that don't have the breakage that I used to have with my "regular" blowdryer! I also use a ceramic curling iron.

I am a newbie, though and am still trying to change my evil ways.

So, if I were you, I would limit the use to no more than a few times a month (once a week at the most) because what you are doing is working. And "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", ya know?

BTW the T3 is $200 most places, but I figured it was an investment in better hair care for me. There are other blowdryers with good reviews. I just thought that one was better.

I use a ceramic hand dryer as well. I'm not sure of the name of it, but I purchased it at Sally's about 3 years ago (I wanna say it's a Gold'N'Hot), and it's still going strong!!

I definitely feel the difference in my hair- straighter and softer- no dry ends! And I use it after air-drying for at least an hour.

I need to research & find another one just in case this one conks out on me over here.

I flat-iron (Solano) afterwards and it's all good!!!

If you look at my little pic at the top, that is after I dry with this thing. So I don't have to flat-iron so much either.

thanks Tsmith and guyaneek!

i touched up on Sunday (after an 11 week stretch) and my hair came out wonderful!

Oh crap! Oct 17 was my 6 month LHCF anny. :woot: I'll try to put up pics tonight. And eventuallly I'll put up a fotki :rolleyes:

I know this is the worst thing to say on LHCF and I've never admitted it....but I blow dry my hair AND flat iron every five to six days. I know..I know...I've been doing it for years and actually I have no problems with my hair.

I don't know my hair type, its maybe 3a 3b, not relaxed, curly and I straighten it when i want to wear straight styles which is pretty much all during the winter/fall. Maybe that's why it hasn't affected my hair, b/c as soon as it gets hot I just wear it curly. I use a heat protectant before I flat iron as well. I just like my hair as straight as I can get it. Rollersetting dosen't work well for me b/c my hair is so curly, the roots don't get straight and I look like a big curly frizzy mess or if I do get it somewhat straight it reverts back to its curl in like 2 days or immediately after coming in contact with any moisture, humidtiy, whatever. I've practiced and it just dosen't work well for me.

I have an IONIC blowdryer, curling iron and flatiron. It works for me, I think it just depends on your hair type and how you take care of your hair. I deep condition, do hot oil treatments and during the warm months, I CW every day.

Oh No! dont do it! I've been blowdrying my hair for the past 12 months and even though i have retained alot of hair, but i still notice that my ends are thinning alot. I feel like i can't win. And my hair is chronically dry no matter what i do. I recently purchased a pibbs quik dry bonnet dryer. and i swear to you, for the 4 weeks (4 rollersets) that i have done so far. It has made a significant difference in my hair already. I am never ever blowing my hair again, though i still will blow my roots when i am post. And its funny because the other day i was blowing out my roots and the blowdryer heat was SOOOOOO hot, but the thing is i was using this setting every single week but i never noticed how hot it was cause i was used to it. So i'd recommend for you not to blow your hair often, just invest in a quality bonnet dryer that dries your hair fast so u wont have to sit under the dryer forever. I only have to sit for 50mins. HTH

Back