Can some one explain this?

godzooki

ok, I guess I experiment too much but anyway, I love the ubh creme moisturizer but just kept feeling like it lacked something. being the product junkie I am I decided to try pantene's oil cream moisturizer even though it contains mineral oil and since I was not going to be oiling my scalp with it. well. I was very surprised to find I liked the pantene moisturizer! well, I guess I get too experimentive or something but I got this wild idea to try combining the ubh and the pantene since I liked them both, hoping I'd get one great product. well, I did and I must say I love it! Now, here is where you chemist types come in. when I combined equal parts of both the texture changed. almost like that of cottage cheese, ( remember the old ors carrot oil and how cottage cheesy it looked?) and it felt very wet. very light, and moisturizing. I loved how it felt on my hair. I checked whats left of my combined mixture and noticed it was very watery. I mean I could literally pour the water out! still felt wonderful but I'm just curious as to what caused this? I would like to keep using it cause I love the results but I just want to know why when I combined both products instead of just being another creamy mix it changed to the watery cottage cheese creaminess. here are the ingredients if helpful
Pantene oil cream moisturizer: water, mineral oil,petrolatum,ethylhexyl sterate, dimethicone,caprylic/capric triglyceride, cocamidopropl betaine, phenoxyethanol, triethanolamine,lanolin alcohol,acrylates/c10-30 alky acrylate crosspolymer,simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut)oil, fragrance,propylparaben,dmdm hydantoin,panthenol,panthenyl ethyl ether, pro-pylene glycol,bht,ascorbyl palmitate,glyceryl stearate,glyceryl oleate,citric acid,disodium edta (whew!)
UBH moisturizer: pruified water, olive oil,1-ocatadecanol,cetrimonium broide,dl-panthenol,allantoin,lecithin,dimethicone copolyol,methylparaben,diazolidinyl urea,propylparaben,retinol,tocoperol.
I sectioned and moisturized my hiar thoroughly and used a denman brush to distribute. yeah, I know, brush bad, but it felt so dang good and did an excellent job of distributing moisturizer everywhere. I only had normal hair loss, nothiing excessive like I thought I would. I might use the denman once a week for distributing deep moisturizing sessions.

well, I checked the left over mixture hours later and it's all water with tiny chunks of creme. looks like all the water bonds were freed allowing the water to separate. All I know is my hair is the softest it's been in weeks! shiny, moisturized and the newgrowth (wk 10) well tamed. my ends are smooth! and this is hours later! they were not kidding when they listed water as the first ingredient thats for sure! Do ya'll think it will be ok to keep combining these two products and using it like that? obviously, due to the water separation I can't store it mixed.

If it worked for you I'd say keep it going.
smile.gif

Back