Can I Make Cuban Twist Hair Match My Texture?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Just looking for opinion/ideas. I've been despirately wanting to make some curly clip ins to add color to my hair. I'm bored with my hair and I don't want to dye it. It's too fragile. Im thinking I can roll the twist hair in a perm rod the size of my curls and dip in in hot water?

Any ideas welcome, or hair recommendations (cheap please lol). I'm not paying $100 for these clip ins everyone is doing vids on lol.

This is Cuban twist hair. I've seen people curl this and Marley hair and it silkens out a lot. I just want some color added to my hair and I'm clueless what kind of hair to get. I'm not willing to pay a lot cuz I already put enough into my hair care lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 24
Rods might work, but I think the texture of your hair is silkier than the Cuban twist hair, no? If so, just dip it in boiling water for a few secs, unrolled. That will make it silkier. Then, roll it and re-dip.

Rods might work, but I think the texture of your hair is silkier than the Cuban twist hair, no? If so, just dip it in boiling water for a few secs, unrolled. That will make it silkier. Then, roll it and re-dip.
Yes it is silkier and finer. Thanks for that tip! Any idea what size rods? I have some perm rods but they are too big of a curl.

I saw these on eBay and I think they look pretty close to my hair. They don't have purple like I want though.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 20
Yes it is silkier and finer. Thanks for that tip! Any idea what size rods? I have some perm rods but they are too big of a curl.

Let me ask you, do you already have the hair? Cuz if not, you could just buy some (cheaper :look:) bulk braiding hair and curl that. Close to your texture and one less step.

Rod size? I'm honestly not sure bc, when I do it, I use 1.5-2" flexis. You should be able to find that info on yt, tho. Or, you could just start a new thread called "What size rods make 3 b/c curls?" :lol:

Back