Can Hair Weave Stop a Bullet?

Miss*Tress

Woman OK after bullet ends up in her hair weave

Feb 19th, 2009 | KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Other than having a bit of a headache, a Kansas City woman was uninjured after a bullet fired at her ended up tangled in her hair weave. Police said the 20-year-old woman was in a convenience store parking lot late Wednesday when a man flagged her down and told her that her ex-boyfriend still loved her.

She replied, "Well I dont love him," then heard gunshots. She said she looked behind the vehicle and saw her ex-boyfriend firing a handgun at her. She stomped her accelerator and fled, then turned into another parking lot and called police.

She told officers she recently had ended an eight-month relationship with the suspect.

Police arrested the ex-boyfriend and his friend in a car.

Source

Oh. My. Flying. Cupcake. :shocked:

I don't know what horrifies me more...the state of male-female relationships in my age group in this country, the sheer savagery of the ex-boyfriend...or the fact that there's a weave in existence so good it can stop a bullet. :nono:

I was hoping they would show a picture of this weave. It must be a nest.

ya'll are funny. but in all seriousness, you know how sometimes they say if it would have went more than a quarter of an inch, it would have done damage. I guess that "extra padding can make a difference.

Just saw the story on the 10 o'clock news. Of course the weave was busted and the weave had to be some "off" color. :rolleyes:

She's showing the news reporter her "weave cap"!

So be prepared to answer questions from your 'other" co-workers tomorrow asking what is a weave cap and why was her hair two different colors!!

Just saw the story on the 10 o'clock news. Of course the weave was busted and the weave had to be some "off" color. :rolleyes:

So be prepared to answer questions from your 'other" co-workers tomorrow asking what is a weave cap and why was her hair two different colors!!
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: Sadly i can SOOOO picture that

:blush: :nono:

Okay?! I stayed up and watched the news and saw that too. They kept hyping it during the commercials so I was like what the heck kind of weave is this. I shook my head when she showed her track and weave cap.

:afro:I read the title of this thread and I thought you were kidding. OMG I'm glad I'm all weaved up it just keep getting better folks. I'm glad she was okay and he and his friends should go straight to jail..that donkey's butt.

This is one for MythBusters. If so, she is really lucky. Did they catch the guy, I wonder?
Both the shooter and his friend were arrested.
Thanks for the link.
I don't find anything funny at all but I am happy that she is ok.
It is a very sad story, but an absurd one as well. Fortunately the victim survived otherwise nobody would be laughing.

Last edited:
Back