CALLING ALL Naturall: NEW PRODUCTS ALERT!!!Beautiful Curls by Alaffia:) @ WHOLEFOODS

cocomama

Okay Ladies,

Here is the deal. I have been natural for over 6 years now and could never find a mostly natural shampoo that I like. My hair always felt extremely strip after wards! Anyway I was in Wholefoods last week and saw the new line Beautiful Curls by Alfaffia. After looking at the ingredients I decided to give it a try. Well I LOVE THE SHAMPOO!!!!!!! Let me say it again I LOVE THE SHAMPOO!!!! Ok let me tell the truth I bought two other products as well:grin: I love them too!!!! Everything has shea butter in it so if that's not your thing then stay away.

I did a wet twistout with the leave in conditioner and the shea butter curl activating cream. After my twist dried my hair felt SUPER moist.The product has a mild raspberry scent,which I love.

SIDENOTE: The products are very concentrated so you only need to used a small amount. These bottles should last for a minute. Also if wholefoods have open sample bottles they will fixed you a sample of each product.So try a sample first!

Last edited:
Re: CALLING ALL Naturall: NEW PRODUCTS ALERT!!!Beautiful Curls by Alaffia:) @ WHOLEFO

i saw them too in whole foods. i picked up the shea butter leave in conditioner and the shea butter curl activating cream. i have only used them once on dry hair and they did moisturize my hair. i was waiting to really try them out on twists for a twist out but i might break down and use them on a wash and go on saturday.

Re: CALLING ALL Naturall: NEW PRODUCTS ALERT!!!Beautiful Curls by Alaffia:) @ WHOLEFO

The curl activating cream had my curls popping so I suspect your wash n go would be the business!

now i really cant wait to use it.

I saw these too.
The packaging is very attractive,and I am a sucker for pretty packages.:perplexed

The only thing that stopped me was the emulsifying wax in the products. My hair shows out whenever it comes in contact with this stuff,so I am skeptical about trying it. I probably will before the year is out though. I'll be watching to see you guys' experiences.

I would be 27 mi away from the nearest whole foods!!! Just because I love Alaffia products; Here's the ingredients for the Beautiful Curls Shea Butter Curl Activating Leave-In Conditioner

Ingredients: Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) Extract (aqueous), Arnica (Arnica montana) Extract (aqueous), Certified Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Coconut Oil (and) Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract (and) Ylang Ylang Flower Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Sulfate, Choline Chloride , Citric Acid

i saw this in wf last week too and was curious about it.

Last time I went to my Whole Foods they didn't have it, but I'll check again. I will say though, I was not a fan of that Everyday Shea Condish they make...

The PJ in me saw them last night and grabbed the entire line, then the sensible part of me thought "let me check with the ladies on LHCF before I buy these!"

I did not know that about the samples. Hmm, does that mean I can get a sample of JC Nourish and Shine before I buy it??? This is great news!

Do you think its possible for me to pretend like I never read this thread? I had planned on stopping by Sally's this weekend and call it a day. Sigh! Maybe I can sleep it off :ohwell:

Okay Ladies,

Here is the deal. I have been natural for over 6 years now and could never find a mostly natural shampoo that I like. My hair always felt extremely strip after wards! Anyway I was in Wholefoods last week and saw the new line Beautiful Curls by Alfaffia. After looking at the ingredients I decided to give it a try. Well I LOVE THE SHAMPOO!!!!!!! Let me say it again I LOVE THE SHAMPOO!!!! Ok let me tell the truth I bought two other products as well:grin: I love them too!!!! Everything has shea butter in it so if that's not your thing then stay away.

[...]
yeah it can be kinda hard to find a natural commercial shampoo product.
but very easy to find a 100% natural shampoo, like rhassoul clay(which is much better than the Indian natural shikakai powder)

yeah it can be kinda hard to find a natural commercial shampoo product.
but very easy to find a 100% natural shampoo, like rhassoul clay(which is much better than the Indian natural shikakai powder)
Hi there,

Do you mind me asking how your use this as a shampoo?

thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

Hi there,

Do you mind me asking how your use this as a shampoo?

thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

you have to make it homemade : 2/3 tbsp(depends on hair length) + water until you get a chocolate pudding paste. and apply directly on your hair.
it will absorb all dirts all grease, leaves hair soft and fluffy.
also it rinses very well. i have 4b/c natural hair and I remember about shikakai didn't rinse out very well(some residue stay in my hair :s ) but with rhassoul clay, it's so cool !!

I bought the curl creme and the leave-in conditioner. I don't like the smell (smells like baby vomit LOL) but so far I really like the leave-in. I haven't tried the curl creme yet.

@lilsparkle825

just make sure that there is an open sample. I think this is the trick to free samples at wholefoods:)

So ladies instead of spending a ton of money out the gate just try to get some samples at first. That's what I did,then came back the next day and bought the full bottles:grin:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=49609
user-offline.png

bumping for other reviews:)

Okay Ladies,

I did a wet twistout with the leave in conditioner and the shea butter curl activating cream. After my twist dried my hair felt SUPER moist.The product has a mild raspberry scent,which I love.

SIDENOTE: The products are very concentrated so you only need to used a small amount. These bottles should last for a minute. Also if wholefoods have open sample bottles they will fixed you a sample of each product.So try a sample first!

Seems like I am going to go broke trying out some more products. LOL.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I saw this product the other day and wondered... HMMM I may have to check it out because my hair is not feeling the JC collection and I bought the whole line!

I love their skin care products...I will add this to my wishlist..I will go tomorrow to get a sample.

Yepp I was at my local whole foods back in July and they said they had gotten them just the day before. I've been using their deep condish treatment which is now a permanent staple and the curl activating cream. As a matter of fact, I went two days ago and it was on sale from $15 down to 10 for the 8oz. So I bought 3!!!! I have yet to try the shampoo, leave in or tonic but I love that stuff!!!

I guess I will get a deep conditioner sample next!

Last time I went to my Whole Foods they didn't have it, but I'll check again. I will say though, I was not a fan of that Everyday Shea Condish they make...

Aww that sucks, I almost bought the vanilla mint conditioner today.

What is the price on these products ?

I believe about 8-15 bucks if bought locally ( whole foods) maybe you can catch the sale like i did and get it for 10.....and I stocked up hehe

this can't be good for my pj relapse!

I wonder if its still on sale! I would hate to have missed it, I want the DC....going Wednesday to see!

I wonder if its still on sale! I would hate to have missed it, I want the DC....going Wednesday to see!

I bought some on Sunday (2 days ago) at WF and it was still on sale.

I would be 27 mi away from the nearest whole foods!!! Just because I love Alaffia products; Here's the ingredients for the Beautiful Curls Shea Butter Curl Activating Leave-In Conditioner

Ingredients: Comfrey (Symphytum officinale) Extract (aqueous), Arnica (Arnica montana) Extract (aqueous), Certified Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Coconut Oil (and) Rubus idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract (and) Ylang Ylang Flower Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Magnesium Sulfate, Choline Chloride , Citric Acid

That's what I have!!!! I have the curl-activating leave-in conditioner (bought it a few weeks ago from Whole Foods), and I like it! :yay: Now, it doesn't have as much "slip" as regular commercial conditioner products do, but boy...when I leave it in my hair, my curls are POPPIN'!! :yay: :woot: :love:

So far I like it...it's all-natural, and the smell is okay. I had to get used to the smell, but it doesn't smell bad. It just smells.....ALL natural lol. :lol:

It's kind of pricey, but it's very concentrated so I think a little bit goes a long way. It should last you a while. So far I like it for my natural hair. It actually does what it says.

I want to try the curl-activating creme next! :eyebrows2

I bought the curl creme and the leave-in conditioner. I don't like the smell (smells like baby vomit LOL) but so far I really like the leave-in. I haven't tried the curl creme yet.

OMG at the bolded! I thought the EXACT same thing. I hate the smell. My girls call it the "smelly stuff" and won't let me put it in their hair. Wonder what causes the smell b/c the product is ok. I am committed to finishing it so I'm cutting it with products that smell better.

Back