Calling all 4a/4b Ladies

luvmesumhair

How often do you wash your hair in a week? Do you see better results if you wash it often or better results if you wash less?

I wash every three days and deep con every time. So far I am noticing my hair becoming softer afterwards, meaning my new growth as well.

Oh and I am not talking about just co-washing either. I am talking about regular shampoo and conditioner afterwards. But if you INCLUDE shampooing AFTER you co-wash then it still counts. :D

I find the more I wash the softer and more manageable my hair is. Maybe because the shed hairs are being washed out, I find I get less tangles and my curls are mor defined (I'm texturized).

I wash every second day and that is with shampoo and conditioner and deep condition...sometimes with heat and sometimes without. I just started doing this in April and I love it. I will continue for the summer. Not sure about winter due to the cold.

I wash my hair once per week, on Saturdays. I can't wait any longer than that because I workout 4 times per week, and my hair is pretty nasty come washday.:look: I never cowash and always DC first, then shampoo. Last Saturday, I discovered adding oil to my DC. My hair, especially my new growth, was so soft afterwards...and I'm 10 weeks post.:D

I wash my hair once a week.....sometimes twice. I usually can't go longer than 6 days without washing because my scalp gets itchy and my hair feels weighed down. If I wash twice a week though, I usually only Cowash on the second time. My hair feels dry if I use shampoo twice a week:ohwell:.

luvmesumhair said:
How often do you wash your hair in a week? Do you see better results if you wash it often or better results if you wash less?

I wash every three days and deep con every time. So far I am noticing my hair becoming softer afterwards, meaning my new growth as well.

Oh and I am not talking about just co-washing either. I am talking about regular shampoo and conditioner afterwards. But if you INCLUDE shampooing AFTER you co-wash then it still counts. :D

I find myself washing everyday or atleast everyday now because I use MTG which makes my scalp very oily. But yeah, it makes it hard to track my new growth from MTG because it already makes my hair softer plus I use a conditioner too after washing but I still can feel the new growth bump. I just have to rub my fingers through more than once.

I see you have a relaxer so just make sure you aren't over moisturizing and your strands are ok.

candiel said:
I wash my hair once a week.....sometimes twice. I usually can't go longer than 6 days without washing because my scalp gets itchy and my hair feels weighed down. If I wash twice a week though, I usually only Cowash on the second time. My hair feels dry if I use shampoo twice a week:ohwell:.

Your hair grew that long in one year. From shoulder length to that! What is your regimine?"

chica_canella said:
I find myself washing everyday or atleast everyday now because I use MTG which makes my scalp very oily. But yeah, it makes it hard to track my new growth from MTG because it already makes my hair softer plus I use a conditioner too after washing but I still can feel the new growth bump. I just have to rub my fingers through more than once.

I see you have a relaxer so just make sure you aren't over moisturizing and your strands are ok.

Really regarding over moisturinzing? To much can be bad?:eek:

candiel said:

Oooh. Pretty hair!

Once a week usually on Sunday.. Once a week is good enough, any longer my hair start shedding and I get dandruff from the build up..

candiel said:

Candiel please pm me also - I justed started in May 2007 and trying to get a good schedule of what to do. I wash every 3 days based on the Cathy Howes method and noticed a change for the positive in my hair. I added the baggy method and I was like wow - great moisture.

Since that time I added henna (which I may not have done correctly), vitamins, and mtg. My hair seems really strong but not really soft and I'm shedding now. Basically, I am close to a hair-tastrophe so any help you give will be appreciated :)

Also, any suggestions anyone can give will be appreciated.:)

luvmesumhair said:

I am the exact same way. I'm a 4a and I wash my hair every Thursday and Sunday and I deep condition every time alternating between a reconstructor and a deep moisturizing one. I've been doing this for a year and my hair has responded beautifully: soft, has some shine,moisture & strength balance, I will keep doing it b/c it works for me.

I wash my hair every 3 to 4 days. This seems to work for me, in the summer I wash 2 or 3 times a week. In the winter I only wash once a week because this is when my hair is most fragile. In the summer/spring my hair gets dirty quickly and won't hold a style beyond 3 days.

Twice per week...the 2nd wash is a co-wash. I've also been following the Cathy Howse method, and DC after each wash. I'm seeing good results with this method.

I wash my hair at least two times a week. Been doing this since...2001, so it's just what I know. I do get a headache if I go for too long w/o washing my hair, as I did when I had it pressed and was tryna keep moisture out. *rolleyes* I try to DC each time but if I'm short of time, I might skip a DC and just do a regular conditioning. I might throw in a condition wash in between the washes, if I feel like it. I always ACV rinse at the ends of my washes.

I wash twice a week normally on Thurs and Sunday. I deep condition each time, no pre-poo or con-washes.

*edited for spelling*

Right now I wash once a week, but I think my hair would benefit more if I increased it to 2 or 3 times.

I'm kind of hesistant to wash in the middle of the week because I usually rollerset when I wash, I don't have time to roll and dry my hair during the weekdays. I tried to do airdried rollersets, but for some reason mine won't dry within 10 to 13 hours (not even close) :ohwell:

Hey, Candiel!

Can you send me your regimen,too? :)

I wash/deep con about 1-2 a week,and henna once every two months (about 2 weeks after a relaxer); since my hair has gotten longer, it seems to be a bit thinner, and sheds a bit more, and my beautician thinks I should cut it off! I am willing to let some of the older, chewed ends go, but she ain't getting a whole 2 1/2 like she recommended; over time, but not all at once.

My hair didn't like co-washes.

And, BTW, your hair is banging!

Thanks!

How often do you wash your hair in a week?
2x a week

Do you see better results if you wash it often or better results if you wash less?
My hair has improved washing it more than once a week.

Congrats!!!

Oh and I am not talking about just co-washing either. I am talking about regular shampoo and conditioner afterwards. But if you INCLUDE shampooing AFTER you co-wash then it still counts
My co-wash consits of a shampoo & a leave in conditioner: if I sweat: I wanna clean my hair: i feel dirty if I just use a conditioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by candiel
I wash my hair once a week.....sometimes twice. I usually can't go longer than 6 days without washing because my scalp gets itchy and my hair feels weighed down. If I wash twice a week though, I usually only Cowash on the second time. My hair feels dry if I use shampoo twice a week.

Your hair grew that long in one year. From shoulder length to that! What is your regimine?"
chica_canella said:

My thoughts exactly!!!! I remember seeing your hair not too long ago at past shoulder!!! Wow- gorgeous hair. Now really, what's your reggie?:sekret:

Back