Calling 4a/b's who relax! Whats sealing oil do you use??

eurka007

So I tried EVOO... and that didnt work out... And I have tried biosilk just for shine and moisture.. didnt work either..

so what works for you?

I have used carols daughter tui oil with success a few times, but before I order it online and pay for shipping & handling.. I wanted to know if you all knew an oils for sealing that was better??

I never tired carol's dtr tui oil, have you tried jojoba oil,coconut oil,castor oil?

I mainly use jojoba oil for sealing and sometimes coconut oil. I use EVOO and castor oil when I pre-poo.

I use coconut oil. I'm not sure how things are where you live, but here I find coconut oil in the "International" section of the grocery store.

Avocado. All the other oils leave my hair too greasy or icky feeling. Avocado absorbs into the hair better.

Coconut oil when warm
Make my own whipped sealant in winter (avocado butter, shea butter, avocado oil, coconut oil, silk amino acid, distilled water, honeyquat)

I love avocado, macadamia nut, and JBCO. It seems as though my hair stays moisturized the longest when I apply a mixture of these oils. I also use Vatika every now and then.

I alternate between Jojoba oil, Vitamin E oil, and Coconut oil. I've been using mostly Coconut oil lately though, I love how my hair feels in the morning.

Coconut, grapeseed, avocado, sweet almond, and sometimes castor oil.

My hair HATES olive oil.

Last edited:
4a/b relaxed here. Sweet Almond oil is very light. EVCO is the gold standard for lightness, hair nutrition, and shine. JBCO is good if you bun and you need protection and shine vs swing.

Let's See:scratchch:

Recently I've been sealing with: Essential Fatty Acids with Omega 3, 6, 9.

I've been using Wheat Germ Oil because of the Ceramides.....:drool:

I've also recently re-introduced several Nexxus Products back into my Regimen, so I am also sealing with Nexxus Botanic Oil.:yep:

Back