Bun & Wash & Go advice

naaturelle

Im thinking of doing buns now to make my transition easier. Since a lot of hair has broken off (the relaxed hair) cause of the two textures i have fly aways and such, especially on my edges. My hair is also medium lenght, just past SL, the sides are just touching my shoulders.... so Im afraid I can't make a bun big enough for my big a&% head :look:

Any body have pictures or know of some favorite bun styles possibly?

Also, this is month 5 and im thinking of going back to wash and go's. Omg I loved it and my hair loved the break from the manipulation when i started my transition and the wash and gos was all i did. But now that i have MAD new growth it doesn't look right anymore. I was thinking of maybe using some moose? my relaxed hair didnt like it much when i use to do it for a wash and go but i tried it once during my early-early transition and after putting some light moose on my natural new growth and messing with it after awhile so it wouldn't get too hard, it looked alright and the curls were define.

Would be moose damage my hair big time? any experience with it?

I just started wearing buns this week because the air is so dry now. I use a donut that I bought at Sally's months ago to make my bun. My hair is too short to make a good size bun but I like it with the donut.

When I was transitioning I used mousse to do braid outs. I didn't try wash n go's while transitioning because the textures were too different. but the braid outs made it look more uniform.

Attachments

• 1120081817.jpg
    1120081817.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I don't use moose much. You may want to just leave some conditioner in and seal it with some oil. This is what I usually do for wash n' go's.

I don't use moose much. You may want to just leave some conditioner in and seal it with some oil. This is what I usually do for wash n' go's.

I tried this when i tried my wash and go's again and it sucked the mess out of that oil and conditioner lol. I had to reapply more like every hour. I have to start making my own moist-spray again. I also hate it when Im in a wash and go before I decided to straighten it, cause its hell detangling and parting.

I just started wearing buns this week because the air is so dry now. I use a donut that I bought at Sally's months ago to make my bun. My hair is too short to make a good size bun but I like it with the donut.

When I was transitioning I used mousse to do braid outs. I didn't try wash n go's while transitioning because the textures were too different. but the braid outs made it look more uniform.

yeah thats how i feel with my wash and go's now. sometimes it makes me just want to relax it again and just do my wash and go's all over but i know ill regret it

I transitioned wearing donut buns. My hair was about your length, also.

Try not to make the ponytail too tight, and try switching up the location of the bun. I would secure my ponytail with a scrunchie rather than an elastic. Then I'd put the donut over the scrunchie and comb/brush my well moisturized/oiled ends (this is a must to help preserve your ends) over the donut and secure with an elastic.

I transitioned for almost 8 months.

I'm relaxed. I hope this helps. Have you tried any of the butters like avocodo, shea, mango, ect. Maybe that will leave your hair moisturized so that it can lay down. I use Cantu leave in shea butter from walmart. I like it. I use it twice a day and after I wash.:grin:

I'm relaxed. I hope this helps. Have you tried any of the butters like avocodo, shea, mango, ect. Maybe that will leave your hair moisturized so that it can lay down. I use Cantu leave in shea butter from walmart. I like it. I use it twice a day and after I wash.:grin:

I 2nd the butters. Shealoe was my ish. I would have moisture and bling bling shine for days. Throw in a little Fantasia IC for those edges, and you're good to go!

Back