Bun/chignon challenge

Alright Boadicia I'm back!
laugh.gif
Count me in! When I wear my hair down I can't seem to keep my hands out of it!
laugh.gif
For one thing, I wear a headset at work and it always messes it up. (and it was soooo nice when I left the house this morning)also, today it's just brushing all up against my sweater (it's cold in our office so I have to wear one) and I'm worried about the ends drying out.

I'll only wear it out/down on special occasions, like our anniversary, holidays like Christmas, and my birthday. I can hang.
smile.gif
. Even if I reach my hair goal before next August (or September since I joined late) I'm still gonna hang with you!

Hey Stormy!
wave.gif

B, I think I am in too! I haven't worn my hair down since I took my braids out last month. I don't feel quite comfortable wearing my hair out these days. It is so much easier to just tie it up and wear a faker!lol

cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif

I HATE BUN CHALLENGES.
frown.gif
I look HORRIBLE with my hair up and I haven't had time to use the phonypony.

I'm so pissed. This is the ONE thing standing between me an dlong hair I just KNOW it and I have to look AWFUL to implement it into my regime. I wish there was a Carol Burnettesque spitting emoticon - I'd insert one here.

Are those foam bun things bad for your hair? How do you use them? How long does your hair have to be? And does anyone know abotu those french twist kits?

Welcome aboard to the new joiners.
wave.gif

@Sosly: I think Hairlove and some other members posted about the foam donuts. You can find their posts if you do a search.
smile.gif

@Tracy: Just make sure you keep your ends moisturized any way. Happy gorwing!

Hi Tracy
wave.gif

I look horrible with buns and my hair up as well. I have a forehead the size of New York and my bangs are not only an akward length but are also curly.

BUT if it takes me wearing my hair up for a while looking crazy to get at my maintenance length so I can look gorgeous for the rest of my life, I'll take it!

I also want to be at my goal before I finish school. When I finish school, I'll be starting my real life. Students are supposed to look a mess.

Bite the dust and do the same!!!! One year and you might very well be at your goal length and then you could wear your hair out alot more often because you'll be only trying to maintain the length you have rather than grow it out.

You can do it!

Count me in for the bun challenge, Boadicea.
alcoholics.gif
It's buns for lab work and workouts already. Plus, I go sweater-crazy every winter in Boston. Can't have my hair snagged in the wool. My longest-haired girlfriends and relatives all stress protective styles, too. I'm being
assimilate.gif
!

Meg

[ QUOTE ]
cry3.gif
cry3.gif
cry3.gif

I HATE BUN CHALLENGES.
frown.gif
I look HORRIBLE with my hair up and I haven't had time to use the phonypony.

I'm so pissed. This is the ONE thing standing between me an dlong hair I just KNOW it and I have to look AWFUL to implement it into my regime. I wish there was a Carol Burnettesque spitting emoticon - I'd insert one here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tracy, have you considered wearing scarves, wigs, or hats? Fall and Winter around the corner so maybe you can consider it then. HTH

[ QUOTE ]
I also want to be at my goal before I finish school. When I finish school, I'll be starting my real life. Students are supposed to look a mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
Exactly! Yeah I have an end-of-school goal too. I don't care if I don't wear my hair out for now. I rarely do anyway. But when I've finally reached my goal, I'm takin that bun down and my hair is gonna be flowing all over the place
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

@Sosly: I think Hairlove and some other members posted about the foam donuts. You can find their posts if you do a search.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I did a search and I just have 1 more question. Does anyone ever have a problem with getting there hair to cover all of the donut? My hair is short (but is is really thick so maybe that will help) Has anyone else with short hair had this problem or had success?

By the way, the back of my hair is to my shoulders and it gets shorter as it gets to my bangs in the front.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
[ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I did a search and I just have 1 more question. Does anyone ever have a problem with getting there hair to cover all of the donut? My hair is short (but is is really thick so maybe that will help) Has anyone else with short hair had this problem or had success?

By the way, the back of my hair is to my shoulders and it gets shorter as it gets to my bangs in the front.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurllllllll I have the same problem. I thought it was just me. My hair just isnt long enough. I have not had success with covering the whole donut. Maybe if I wait another month I will have enough. I hope so.

I know many ppl are doing bun challenges. I would just like to know how everyone is doing. I was thinking about doing it but I dont know. I think that mine will only be monthly. I dont know if I could go a whole year with my hair in a bun.
wallbash.gif

can someone tell me how to make one of those bun thingy things again I have one from salys but it is toooo big or my hair is too short rather for it

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone ever have a problem with getting there hair to cover all of the donut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are using the foam bun or a sock bun?? Because the sock is softer so it's easier to manipulate and tuck your hair around the bun even if your have short parts.

[ QUOTE ]
Nx2brat said:
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone ever have a problem with getting there hair to cover all of the donut?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are using the foam bun or a sock bun?? Because the sock is softer so it's easier to manipulate and tuck your hair around the bun even if your have short parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the sock it works better for me.

[ QUOTE ]
Tebby1017 said:
I have the foam donut...how do you do it with the sock?

Tebby

[/ QUOTE ]

You cut the toe end off a sock..roll it up into a doughnut shape. It's much softer and light...wrap a hair friendly material around it (silk or satin).

i just joined the group so i am mega ket but i am so in!!i need to do this....even though its gonna be hard..i will just werar some long earrings...lol
asummertyme

i will moisturise my hair with my own concoction of shea butter and coconut oil, and olive oil...
this is a really important challenge because i was always told from a young girl that i would be never able to grow out my hair long , so i gotta do this.....
thnx
asummertyme

[ QUOTE ]
because i was always told from a young girl that i would be never able to grow out my hair long , so i gotta do this.....
thnx
asummertyme

[/ QUOTE ]

And you CAN do it, as long as YOU know this, that's all that matters....They'll see.
wink.gif

To solve my own problem, I broke the foam donut at the seam and cut off a lil of out. To get it back together I wrapped it around my ponytail and suck a bobbypin in the seams so they could stuck together and stay on head. I then wrapped hair aroung ti and it came out SOOOOOOOOO good. but I dont know if I could do this everyday, because well I dont know, but being that it is broken I will also use the foam for a roll and maybe some fancy designed buns

Hi I am fairly new to the group and would love to hop on this bandwagon. I have one question though, if you don't have enough hair to put into a bun can you "fake it, til you make it"? I am currently wearing my hair braided in front with an afro-puff in the back.

<font color="purple">I know I am a little late but I would like to join too. I always keep my hair pinned up with hopes of it thriving and growing down my back. Who knows? If I keep a positive attitude and keep my ends up maybe I will see some improvement by next school year. </font>

Back