BSL by Dec 2011

Right now I'm doing a protein treatment with ORS replenishing pack. My hair is breaking and shedding due to a horrible relaxer job a hair stylist did in the summer. Right now i'm trying to find a way to stop the breakage. Sigh. I guess it is going to take me another year to make it to BSL. I'm so discourage right now

Sorry, haven't been checking in as much. Super Busy, personally and professionally. Anywho, my hair is really long now. I may be right above BSL in the back. My sides are finally growing in and brush way past my shoulders. I just showed a friend a pic of my hair down and he was like "Is that all your hair?" I said, "Yeah." He said, "Quit lyingg!!" I said, "Boo I been had hair!!"

I don't usually wear my hair straight but I got it done for Halloween and I'm going to get it done Sunday for Thanksgiving at Too Groovy in Atlanta. I went there a few weeks ago and they use ceramic fusion to straighten your hair, no stove. My previous stylist here used the stove and irons but my hair came out just as nice without it.

2012 I'm going to ridiculous!! Coconut Oil is the best thing I use on my hair. It really keeps it moist!

Well, due to lack of consistency and being super busy with work/life, I've experienced some breakage. Nothing severe, but noticeable to me. So once again I will not be making BSL this year :crying3:. On a positive note, when I do make BSL next year, I'll have the breakage behind me and a better handle on protecting my ends. :yep:

Okay so there's 7 weeks left to make our hair goals come true and so far I think I'm in good shape :yep: :yep: :yep:

this is my hair in a wet ponytail
IMAG1070.jpg

IMAG1067.jpg

then i failed at flat ironing my hair
IMAG1097-1.jpg

IMAG1092-1.jpg

But no matter what when I'm sitting down I'm BSL :grin:
021.jpg

I just trimmed my hair the other night. I'm now just barely touching BSL. I hope to get back where I was by the end of the year. I wanted to be BSL unstretched but that is not going to happen. The plus side is my ends are healthy and happy

Hey Ladies..... Where you at?

We have 6 weeks left to get to BSB or BSL, what are your plans? Any last minute changes to products or your regimens?

Right now I am wearing some self installed box braids. I think I did ok for a first try. I just really want to leave my hair alone for a while because that's when it thrives. I have some uneven pieces and I'm constantly battling with thinning edges because I don't sleep with my protective bonnet or scarf every night. I won't make BSL by Dec 2011, but it was/is nice to have something to aspire to.

Pics later.

Hey BSL 2011'ers,
I am still trying to be positive...I think I can, I think I can, make it to BSL by the end of this year.:look:
When are we revealing? Dec 31, 2011 or Jan. 1, 2012? Any who, I am still wearing my lacefront wig and I just flat twisted my hair in about 8-10 twists. I am working on a u-part wig, I started on a bob style, but set it aside for now and so I am going to get started working on a long wavy/curly style to rock until we reveal.
I washed my hair this weekend (because I had a lot of build up from a product I was putting on my hair to keep it moisturized) and I noticed that my hair is definitely retaining length because while detangling in the shower I stopped to cringe at the pain my arm and shoulder was in for having to stay in one position so long through my detangling process. I detangle in the shower by combing the conditioner out from the bottom with one hand while the other hand is holding on to the hair at the roots to make sure I don't pull any out that aren't shedding. Wow, it took longer than I can ever remember and it was painful. I don't know if I can go any further than waistlength because I will need to start lifting weights at the gym if I am going to be doing my own hair all the time.
So what happened to MBL? Don't BSL'ers go to MBL and MBL go to WL? I have not seen any MBL 2012 challenges as of yet, but maybe I will just have to step it up and go for WL if I actually make BSL. :rolleyes: What do you guys think?

I think I made it my hair is straightened now and I'm enjoying my BSL glory lol I have gotten weave checked twice this week . I will be back with my pics shortly

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

djkforeal Yup there is a MBL2012...or am I confusing that with the MBL2011 that I joined?? *shrugs* But WHEN you make it to BSL next month then I'm sure you can make it to WL2012! :lots:

We have 6 weeks left to get to BSB or BSL, what are your plans? Any last minute changes to products or your regimens?

I am deep conditioning, cowashing and protective styling (buns) my way to BSL for the rest of the year until my length check!! Lots of pampering!!!

I think I may be there or almost there. I took some length shots wearing two different bras. I normally use the blue one as a measuring guide. With all these new supplements I'm taking I may have a shot by December 31. :spinning:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also I know my hair looks a little wild and crazy in the first picture. This is what humidity and rain does to my hair.

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 445
I think I may be there or almost there. I took some length shots wearing two different bras. I normally use the blue one as a measuring guide. With all these new supplements I'm taking I may have a shot by December 31. :spinning:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also I know my hair looks a little wild and crazy in the first picture. This is what humidity and rain does to my hair.

Um, you're there. You wear the blue bra kind of low. Simply going by the shape of your body, you're basically a few inches from MBL. :drunk:

Um, you're there. You wear the blue bra kind of low. Simply going by the shape of your body, you're basically a few inches from MBL. :drunk:

Lol thanks :yep:
I guess I like to make challenges harder for myself.
That blue bra does fall pretty low in comparison to my other bras.

I'm definitely not making it this year. :congrats: to all the ladies that have reached their goal already and to those who will next month.

I still have hope that I'll make it. I'll need at least 3/4" before the end of the year though. I just did a small trim earlier this week because my ends felt horrible and I had some knots, but I don't think that's going to hinder my progress.

As far as last minute changes, I think I am going to start DC'ing 2x a week because my hair is acting up now that it's cold. I'm going to keep protective styling 5/7 days a week since I think that's working for retention. I'll also keep using my growth aid and taking my vits. :yep:

I'm not going to do another length check until 12/31 so hopefully I'll be BSL then. :grin:

I am moisturizing and sealing up a storm! I also started taking Futurebiotics Hair, Skin & Nail Vitamins. I needed a new multi, so I decided to try this formula.

Right now, I'm going to apply my sulfur pomade. :yep:

Back