BSL 2013 Challenge

Morning Ladies!!

I feeling abit better about my hair blues today:lol: I went to the gym this morning and got some much needed endorphines(sp):spinning: Even though I only did 30 min, I feel my confidence increasing:clapping: I wore my hair in 4braids and pinned it into two braided pigtails. I then put a sweat headband over it. Once I finished my mini workout, I took the braids out for a "braidout" that I had planned on pinning up.I wish it was warmer out and I didnt have to wear a coat, cause I would of def wore the braidout out. My hair looks like ish pinned up though. It looks frizzy in the back and flat in the front. But I don't care; I worked out and my hair is protected!:yep:

I think my hair blues is from self sabotage. You know when you are finally on the right track: DC, trims, PS etc... that little voice in your head says "You will never reach BSL and don't even think a/b WL". I gonna muzzle that voice and keep on trucking.:yep: Also, sometimes when I PS too long I get anxious that my hair isnt really growing and that I need to straighten it in order to see the proof. But I am gonna hold off until our length check.

Happy Growing Ladies & sorry for the long post:drunk::drunk::drunk:

^^^ so this
pelohello - I feel like this so many days:nono:, My hair is not even as long as yours and sometimes I think it is just not possible. I love seeing all the growth updates but at the same time I look at some of the durations it took ladies to go from one length to another and I think something is wrong with my head. I'm not giving up - as I have a target goal - but... lilke you, every know and then getting a confidence boost is needed.

Happy Friday everyone! Is the bun challenge still going? This is my attempt at a high bun

2013-02-08 21.30.12.jpg2013-02-08 21.29.22.jpg
Im going to wear it to a wedding im attending tomorrow, where have high buns been all my life :)

SOoo...

I am definitively BSB, and almost BSL... Depending on which bra I'm in.

In the Victoria's Secret bra, I have about a quarter inch to go.

In the bra I initially measured, I'm getting closer (in a month woo hoo) but still 3 inches away.

So yep, I'd still say August until I'm MBL/BSL. But it's good to see progress nonetheless

Attachments

• image-3422930433.jpg
    image-3422930433.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3209579592.jpg
    image-3209579592.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 68
SOoo...

In the bra I initially measured, I'm getting closer (in a month woo hoo) but still 3 inches away.

So yep, I'd still say August until I'm MBL/BSL. But it's good to see progress nonetheless

:clapping: Congrats!!!

No hair plans for me this week other than my usual weekly prepoo, shampoo and DC.
This weekend is dedicated to DD.
This is her week for shampoo, DC and re-twist.

I'm also helping her practice for her audition next week; she's auditioning for her school's jr. rock band's lead singer. It was short notice, just got the memo on Tuesday and auditions are Wednesday coming up. I've hired two trained vocalist, one for hire and the other is a friend. I'm pissed because she has had to devote her entire evenings to ISAT prep; the math teacher has introduced new material everyday this week, UGH! To top that, she slipped and fell on her face yesterday morning while playing with our dog. She literally fell on her mouth...two of the braces brackets got stuck to the skin inside her mouth and she has a fat lip. Talk about bad timing. I've been trying natural remedies to take the swelling down so she can sing properly but I've had no luck. Hopefully it'll go down by tomorrow when the vocalist comes by.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

OUCH!!! I'm sure she will be fine by tomorrow for the vocalist. Fingers crossed!

According to my hair journal (don't laugh.I have to keep track of what I do with my hair lol) it has been almost 7 weeks since my last protein treatment. Well today is the day!! I think I'm gonna bang out wash day today since there's a surf competition going on at the beach and the crew wants to go out tomorrow to watch it. At least this way I can wash it and thread it again and have it ready to go. Might try to make them cuter this time around....MIGHT!

^^^ so this
pelohello - I feel like this so many days:nono:, My hair is not even as long as yours and sometimes I think it is just not possible. I love seeing all the growth updates but at the same time I look at some of the durations it took ladies to go from one length to another and I think something is wrong with my head. I'm not giving up - as I have a target goal - but... lilke you, every know and then getting a confidence boost is needed.

^^^ This is how I feel most of the time. Sometimes I'm a little down about it but then I quickly get over it and accept things as they are and work with what I have been given. It sucks to have fine, low density hair that grows slow but there isn't a dang on thing I can do about it.

SOoo...

I love your thick lush hair all the way to the ends!! Congratulations on reaching another milestone...and your bra sits really low. I bet you're BSL already.

Last edited:
OUCH!!! I'm sure she will be fine by tomorrow for the vocalist. Fingers crossed!

She's getting there! She's asleep now, I took a peek to see what has happened with the overnight treatment of JBCO and peppermint oil and it looks really good...

Still wearing these braids. Tomorrow makes a month. Trying to decide if I'm going to take them down in 3 weeks and get my hair done for my birthday. :scratchch

Still wearing these braids. Tomorrow makes a month. Trying to decide if I'm going to take them down in 3 weeks and get my hair done for my birthday. :scratchch

Im taking mine out as I type...today makes 5 weeks for me. I'm getting my hair done for Valentines day...excited!!!:dinner:

According to my hair journal (don't laugh.I have to keep track of what I do with my hair lol) it has been almost 7 weeks since my last protein treatment. Well today is the day!! I think I'm gonna bang out wash day today since there's a surf competition going on at the beach and the crew wants to go out tomorrow to watch it. At least this way I can wash it and thread it again and have it ready to go. Might try to make them cuter this time around....MIGHT!

I have been keeping a hair journal too so I know what works and, more importantly, what doesn't. This has been really helpful with my henna treatments. My first attempt ended in a red-orange halo which made me take the day off from work...not going there again!

touch up. def not going back to this stylist :nono: my hair will def need some TLC come wash day.

IMG_2291_zpsbd77e73d.jpg

i'm claiming full APL though officially :)

I used a date calculator to create my relax/trim schedule:
Last Trim: 12/28/12
Relaxer 1: Week of 2/10/13 DONE, 2/9
Trim 1: Week of 3/24/13
Relaxer 2: Week of 5/5/13
Trim 2: Week of 6/16/13
Relaxer 3: Week of 7/28/13
Trim 3: Week of 8/11/13
Relaxer 4: Week of 9/22/13
Trim 4: Week of 11/3/13
Relaxer 5: Week of 12/15/13

DC'ing + wash day
washed with CON argan oil shampoo

Wish i had a shower machine!!!!!
Wouldn't be so hard on the knees!!

Last edited:
When the hell is darcys botanicals sweet cocoa bean whip coming back in stock!!
my hair needs it!!!!

Back