BSL 2010 Challenge

Random thought: Im thinking about stretching until May, that would be six months for me, my last stretch was 14 weeks. This goal would be 24-26 weeks. Just thinking about aloud.
For my roots I would use my miniglide.

If it doesn't cause too much unneeded stress on the two textures then try to do it. I am tempted to stretch until March or April I am due in February!, but I am like if it isn't broke not trying to fix it! I am back at lossing minimal hair about 5-10 shedding hairs a day. So I dunno! :)

Just gave myself a nice HF treatment, with a baby massage, preparing it for tomorrows wash day!

I'm interested!

REGIMEN: pre poo weekly with coconut oil
wash and dc weekly
protein treatment bi-weekly
moisturize and seal every other night
rollerset weekly

PRODUCTS: coconut oil
cream of nature detangling poo (original)
ors rep con
motions cpr protein reconstructor
aphogee keratin green tea
motions nourish leave in or aphogee pro v leave in
lacio lacio leave in
keracare foam wrap or nairobi foam wrap
keracare cream press

STARTING LENGTH: almost apl

GOAL MONTH: Dec 2010

**Vitamin Regimen**
~One-a-day womens (overall health multivitamin)
~GNC's Ultra Nourishair (good hair vitamin)
~Fish, Flax Borage Oil (contains omega 3, 6 and 9)
~Biotin (boost hair growth)

I slacked on them, will start again tomorrow.

I will take this challenge head on. Sign me up. <3 I am APL so I am shooting for BSL by July/August. I know I can do it. A new Year means a fresh start!

Ladies It's OFFICIAL; the Challenge of BSB/BSB of 2010 has officially STARTED!!!!

And it's my wash day :grin: So I need to find the energy to get off my sick butt and go wash my hair. I know it will bring me some JOY!! LOL

Bluetopia congratulations on making APL Yeah! Progess is what it's about..

List has been updated :)

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I want to join this challenge. I think I am about armpit length and seems like I have been stuck there so this is just what I need! I will post my starting pick asap.

Here's my attempt on a regimen:
co-wash twice per week
wash weekly
OCT mixed with essential oils and JBCO to the scalp and massage 4 times per week.
moisturize and seal daily
no heat
deep condition weekly
take vitamins

What do you ladies think of my reggie? I pray it gets me to the next level and beyond! :grin:

and I'm sealing with
serum.jpg

Its working so far, no breakage when combing, and its not weighing down my hair either

My hair loves this stuff especially when I use heat :lick:

Ladies It's OFFICIAL; the Challenge of BSB/BSB of 2010 has officially STARTED!!!!

And it's my wash day :grin: So I need to find the energy to get off my sick butt and go wash my hair. I know it will bring me some JOY!! LOL

Bluetopia congratulations on making APL Yeah! Progess is what it's about..

List has been updated :)

Thanks JJamiah!

I'm sick too (with a head cold) go on ahead and wash 2009 out of your hair. It'll make you feel better :look:

Hi, I hope it is not too late to join. I would like to at least be grazing BSL by Dec. (A girl can dream right?) I am new and learning.

bhm2.jpg

Today is wash day - this becomes such a pain when you are 10 mos. post.
I will be wiggin' it through January and hopefully will be able to get my hair braided in Feb. Let's get this BSL hair ladies!

Today is wash day for me too! Right now I'm doing a hot oil treatment and I'll wash with Mizani Milk bath, do a DC with the Mizani silk cream conditioner and add my leave in and rollerset.

I don't have a starting pic yet, I'm transitioning and I haven't straightened since October. I have an appointment with my stylist in 3 weeks so I'll post a starting pic then.

I would like to join ill post regimen and starting pic next week I know it sounds silly but I don't want to jinx myself hopefully ill only have 3.5 inches to hit Bsl Ill know when I get my relaxer next week where I'm at hhg ;)

Sitting with my conditioner cap on, I have washed my hair, sat under the dryer with Motions CPR 5 minutes????? Don't know why I was so lazy to go in the closet to get my Aphogee 2 Minute. Next time. Sat under the dryer for 10 minutes with Silk elements then I capped it with my Self Warming cap, just wanted to jump start that process, will leave on for about 2 hours wash out and I want to try a braid out, but then again right now DO I WANT TO TRY A BRAID OUT? ? ? ...... I don't know right now, might just go under the dryer to dry with a few braids, maybe.

List is updated will update on or before the final offical January 8, 2010 day. So If you don't see your names for anyone posting after this don't be alarmed, I am just going to update all in one to two times. :)

Last edited:
I cowashed today using HEHH and it was nice. I think I will just bun it until my wash day Tuesday.....

Hello Ladies!

I will join this challenge and hope to reach my goal by December, 2010. My hair grows very slow. :sad: I'm new to the scene and December, 2010 sounds like a long journey. I'm up for the challenge.

My starting pic...... Taken December 20, 2009.

Attachments

• Starting Picture.jpg
    Starting Picture.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hi Ladies - today will be my wash day. Before I brave the battle of the textures though, I'm heading out to pick up Aphogee for a desperately needed protein treatment. I'm currently over 6 months post and I'm experiencing some shedding. I don't know if it's the cold weather or the stretching/possible transitioning that's causing it. We'll see if the Aphogee helps.

Hi Everyone!!!

I would love to finally join a challenge, so I'm in! My goal is BSL by December. I will post starting pictures and stats tomorrow. I'm soo excited!!

Well, now.

I think I'm ready to join this challenge. ;)

This is my starting pic.

4235638274_bf3cfdf17c.jpg

I'm hoping to be BSL by December 2010 - I figure that should be about 10.5 to 11 on the shirt. :yep

Hi Ladies - today will be my wash day. Before I brave the battle of the textures though, I'm heading out to pick up Aphogee for a desperately needed protein treatment. I'm currently over 6 months post and I'm experiencing some shedding. I don't know if it's the cold weather or the stretching/possible transitioning that's causing it. We'll see if the Aphogee helps.

Shedding is natural so I would worry more about any breakage :yep:

SPEAKING OF BREAKAGE< NO WET BRAID OUTS FOR ME!!!!!!!! I guess I am either to heavy handed or wet hair and tugging and braiding isn't working for me. SORRY! I love the ladies that do it but I won't be trying this again. Oh well got some satin rollers out the deal, might try to rollerset, :)

So now back to basics finding some style that doesn't require heat.
I am giving myself one flatiron pass a month, two blow dry passes a month, The other two weeks I need to be able to do SOmething to this Hair!!!! :nono:

Go under the big hood, dry and hmmmm! I dunno, maybe I will hit the Salon and do a doobie once a month (Again), sounds like a plan!!!!

Yesterday, was supposed to be my wash day but after heading out and running errands, I was too lazy to do anything. One good thing was the beauty supply was having a sale on Aphogee products. I was able to buy the Two-step protein treatment 16oz., the Gloss Therapy Polisher Spray, 6oz. and the Balancing Moisturizer 8oz in a 3 pack for $20.:yep:

Yesterday, was supposed to be my wash day but after heading out and running errands, I was too lazy to do anything. One good thing was the beauty supply was having a sale on Aphogee products. I was able to buy the Two-step protein treatment 16oz., the Gloss Therapy Polisher Spray, 6oz. and the Balancing Moisturizer 8oz in a 3 pack for $20.:yep:
:lick: sounds like a great deal!

Ladies,

I did my wanna be braid out, half head looked decent, half head looked like natty tatty ratty weave, :nono:

I HAD to wash again today!!!!!

I took this opportunity to clarify and use my Sulfate free shampoo, I put in a regular conditioner ( LADIES I HAVE NOT USED A NON-DC CONDITIONER IN GOD KNOWS HOW LONG) and my hair was so soft, I put my leave in aphogee, ( my pump broke on my new APhogee Keratin Green mist so I didn't use that this time and I CAN TELL NO SHINE) I used one of my blow dry passes for January, applied Herstyler serum and argan oil and :lick::lick::lick::lick:.

My black is vibrant and my hair was full and I was like WOW! U GO GIRL. Next week I need to put a deep conditioner in though, I will swap one week yes, and one week NO! But I look 100 % better.

Ladies,

I did my wanna be braid out, half head looked decent, half head looked like natty tatty ratty weave, :nono:

I HAD to wash again today!!!!!

I took this opportunity to clarify and use my Sulfate free shampoo, I put in a regular conditioner ( LADIES I HAVE NOT USED A NON-DC CONDITIONER IN GOD KNOWS HOW LONG) and my hair was so soft, I put my leave in aphogee, ( my pump broke on my new APhogee Keratin Green mist so I didn't use that this time and I CAN TELL NO SHINE) I used one of my blow dry passes for January, applied Herstyler serum and argan oil and :lick::lick::lick::lick:.

My black is vibrant and my hair was full and I was like WOW! U GO GIRL. Next week I need to put a deep conditioner in though, I will swap one week yes, and one week NO! But I look 100 % better.

All that hair on your head, Im sure your braid out was very pretty.

Just checking in: I went to the hairdresser to get my hair flatiron, what a treat. My hair is really thriving. Hopefully I don't get any setback this year.

I also bought Mizani new BUTTER RICH DEEP NOURISHING HAIRDRESS. I like it, it real light, non sticky. Cause I got my hair flatiron today, I put some on my ends and edges, I will see tomorrow, how my ends feel. It did make my edges silky. So far so good.

so i am about an inch from BSL (3 inches natural because 2 inches is still relaxed)! And my hair is growing pretty quick. here is my hair straight at the beginning of november:
5ebla1.jpg

and here is me pulling a piece today, and as you can see, its not completely straight:
33tk045.jpg

Oh my Lord, I have not washed my hair in over 3 weeks. Ive been incredulously busy and Ive run low on products so tomorrow I will stock up on a few things and then wash and DC with Mane N Tail Deep Moisturizing conditioner and castor oil. Ive been using cold pressed castor oil on my hair and it feels stronger already within a week and my edges seem to be filling in a bit more. Thank goodness I havent suffered much breakage

Back