Braid Challengers...READY, SET...LET'S BEGIN!!!

Re: Braid Challengers...READY, SET...LET\'S BEGIN!!!

Hi... I guess I unofficially started this challenge in the middle of March with my first weave. I am on week 8, and changed the first weave at week 6.

Is anyone else doing this challenge with a weave?? Are you spraying the cornrows with the S-curl activator?

I will get my hair braided in 2 weeks.I think I will get big cornrows w/ honey yaki hair...I m kinda scared to damage my hair though...Right now is healthy at bra strap lenght and I dont want my ends break off...

I'm new here. I got a full head weave a week ago on May 10 and I'll be wearing a weave all summer long until the beginning September when I'll take it out and put in cornrows until the end of September then I'll put in a relaxer. My last relaxer was Feb 7, 2004. Picture of my weave are in my album - My Hair Album password = babygirl.. I also have a picture with pink lines drawn in for my goals. The first one is for the end of september 2004 and the other for the end of december 2004. Please tell me if you think they are realistic.. Thanks

Monister

I took my braids out...

I have 1 1/2 inches of new
antlers.gif
gray and black growth which I see because my hair was died brown before the braids were put in.
I posted some pics post removal which was not tooo bad I only lost hair in the front where it started to lock
whyme.gif

I combed it out as i took them out one by one and added vo 5 conditioner. then I went into the shower and used a large wooden comb tha I got at the body shop to comb it all back. I then added the shampoo C.O.Nature and combed it back then rinced it out and properly shampooed it with clinique clarifying shampoo. Then I added suave humectant to comb it through again rinced using the hand held shower head.
The result hair loss about the size of a 1/2 inch button when made into a ball.
So for those of you who are afraid to loose hair, try this method when taking them out...I have two new oics on my site.. I will post some tomm with my new method of combing my new "long"
scratchchin.gif
hair.

What type of conditioner do u use for braids?When I braid my hair I usually use Lekair mixed w jojoba Oil..

Hey Braid challengers.. I know i didn't join this challenge .. well i've been doin it just on the low..lol.. but I have a question for those with braids.. Now.. I'm experiencing Build up in the Back.. but none in the front.. ( i'm takin a few out just too see what's goin on and puttin them back in ) how do i prevent the back from having build up ??

Do you wash your braids or use a lot of products on them? If you don't wash your hair, do you use an astrigent on the scalp?

I have not noticed any buildup in the back yet.

I've had my braids redone at least once since the challenge began.

I've faithfully shampooed at least once a week and moisturized daily with either S-curl no drip and braid spray or S-curl and infusium.

The good news is any individual braids that I have redone come out with ease, no build up and my own hair is soft and moist :-) Finally my hair is happy.

Oh and my new braider was astounded at how soft and moist my hair was. She is now going to recommend the scurl to all her clients :-)

Hats off to all the ladies on the LHCF!

I am joining in. I got tree braids on Monday May 17. I will be wearing braid for as long as I can stand too. Hopefully when I decide to stop braiding I will have reached my next goal, shoulder blades.

i'm joining.
i got a weave/braids done on april the 27th. tommorow it will be 4 weeks. then there will be 8 weeks left(i hope i can wait that long). i've been washing once a week and spraying my scalp twice daily. one with surge and the other with a mixture of humectress and water.
so far so good. when i get to 6 weeks i'll get the braids in front redone.

[ QUOTE ]
monister said:
I'm new here. I got a full head weave a week ago on May 10 and I'll be wearing a weave all summer long until the beginning September when I'll take it out and put in cornrows until the end of September then I'll put in a relaxer. My last relaxer was Feb 7, 2004. Picture of my weave are in my album - My Hair Album password = babygirl.. I also have a picture with pink lines drawn in for my goals. The first one is for the end of september 2004 and the other for the end of december 2004. Please tell me if you think they are realistic.. Thanks

Monister

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot will depend on how quickly your hair grows Monister. I know mine grows at a snail's pace. How about yours?

I wash my braids.. and the only products i put on my hair is oil and scurl..

Re: Braid Challengers...READY, SET...LET\'S BEGIN!!

[ QUOTE ]
Truth said:
Hey Braid challengers.. I know i didn't join this challenge .. well i've been doin it just on the low..lol.. but I have a question for those with braids.. Now.. I'm experiencing Build up in the Back.. but none in the front.. ( i'm takin a few out just too see what's goin on and puttin them back in ) how do i prevent the back from having build up ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I experienced the same thing. I think it's harder to wash out products from the back than it is from the front.

BUMP!!

I just got my braids done on Saturday. Anybody still doing the challenge?

Lisa, don't laugh now okay...

I got my braids done on Friday - but per our discussion at our last lunch meeting, you know how I am
look.gif

I am holding my own persnal challenge, to keep my braids in for more than two weeks!
laugh.gif

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
Lisa, don't laugh now okay...

I got my braids done on Friday - but per our discussion at our last lunch meeting, you know how I am
look.gif

I am holding my own persnal challenge, to keep my braids in for more than two weeks!
laugh.gif

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

All that sitting in one place for hours is enough incentive for me to keep mine for at least a month (I'm aiming for 6 weeks).

The braids may be just the thing you need to get you back to where you where before you cut
smile.gif

As for me, I think I gonna stay braided until the end of the year.

Yeah, I think I am going to do it this time. I am not into looking at my hair much these days since the cut
frown.gif
So that 'visual' is helping a lot. I am aiming seriously for 6 week (or til the end of July) After which I plan to wait another 2 weeks and then get them re-done for the rest of the summer.

-lee

i took my cornrows out last tuesday, and plan on getting more this upcoming monday (june 28).

lovelymissy-- try gnc women ultra mega

I'm taking my Braidsssss out as we speakkkkkkkkkk hopefully they'll be out by friday and i'll be puttin cornrows (w/ extensions)in myself(wooohooooo yes my experimentation) sometime in the following week....but hey, question what's a good pre treatment after you take ya braids out??

I'm in too!!! I just got braids in Saturday (1st time ever) and I'm doing the Crown and glory technique.

One question: How do you do a hot oil treatment with the braids in?

maybe i misunderstood what was said but it sounded like the hot oil was done with the braids in.

Thanks and happy growing

Alright, I'm back in cornrows now.. I'll probably go 3 weeks with these too.. I'm lovin braids, I'm hooked!

i'm joining. just got my braids done today. plan to keep them in for 8 weeks. there a bit thick but i'm gonna try and thin out the ponytail

I'm in too, now. I just got my braids done on Saturday...just in time for the fourth. Updated pics coming soon.

I'm joining too! I'm getting tree braids Wed. and I plan to keep them for 8-9 weeks!

could'nt wait. tok the braids out yesterday.they were to thick. maybe i'll do twists next

Back