Braid Challengers...READY, SET...LET'S BEGIN!!!

Re: Braid Challengers...READY, SET...LET\'S BEGIN!!!

Hey Ladies,

I still have my cornrows in from February 14th. I will post a picture on my page on Friday so stay tuned.
wink.gif

I got kinky twist in my hair Saturday March 6, and I can not believe the growth I gotten so far! I'm really amazed. Most of the growth is in the top and middle of my head, my hair tends to grow faster there, but never this fast, in some places I have 1/2 inch of growth. I'm sure it's not braid slippage because my twist only slip around the edges from pulling it into ponytales. I've avoided ponytails this time because of breakage I got around the sides the last time. Mind you, my sides are not growing as fast as the top and middle of my head but I am seriously impressed with the results. I figure the rest will catch up.

What have I been doing: I surge my scalp once or twice a day, after every surge I apply a moisturizing braid spray and hair oil to the scalp. So far I've only washed once and intend to only wash my hair once per week. Too much washing will cause the twist to look frizzy and old to quickly (my goal is 3 months w/one toch up), but I know I must remove the build up from all the surging and braid spray - so once per week should do it.

[ QUOTE ]
Tonya said:
I washed my humna hair braids and they look frizzy now....any suggestions on how i cna fix them? Rub mousse and gel maybe? Flat iron ends?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tonya,

What part of the braids became frizzy? The whole braid or just the ends.

Try a non-drying gel like Fantasia IC mixed with a light leave-in (like African Pride or 911). You can also try to flat iron it but use low heat.

HTH
smile.gif

Re: Braid Challengers...READY, SET...LET\'S BEGIN!!

Yikes! I took my braids out after 3 weeks (week before last), now I'm in buns. So I've fallen off the wagon!
I know I know...I'm trying to think how I can still technically do the challenge although I am sick of braids...maybe twists...

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:
Fabulous!
I'm good to go!
My only challenge will be keeping them in for longer than 4-6 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
they didn't even make it to 4...

I am still in braids....I have ALOT of new growth but I am trying to get my mojney's worth out of these babies!!

My braids are still in and I've got about 1/2 inch of new growth. YIPPEE!! Now I just need about 2 1/2 to get the back to my shoulders and about 4 1/2 to get the darn top there too.

I have to take my braids out on Thursday but have an appointment to get them redone on Saturday morning. This next set of braids is staying in until....they look ratty.

Tricia....what kind of braids do you have and how long ahve u had them? What is your regimine?

I'm officially out of the challenge
blush.gif

i took mine out and I don't think i'll be putting any back in again until the next time I get fed up with dealing with my hair (I predict this summer)

Tonya,

I have individual braids.

I shampoo once a week and spray s-curl daily. I also use Infusium 23 leave-in a couple times a week. Oh and I also use the Braid spray every other day I think. Have to buy some more as I ran out yesterday.

I cheated for my dooo Thursday night and only removed the front section of my braids. THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO BUILD UP and the braids came out easily. I wrapped the remaining braids around my head put a cut off pair of pantyhose over it and put my instant weave over that. It was very warm under all that hair. However, I got the desired effect and a zillion compliments
smile.gif

This morning I quickly put braids back in. So I've rescheduled my braid appointment to April 10th.

I wanna play! I got my braids done on the 24th. Cornrows in the top and box braids in the back. I'm gonna follow a 2 month on and 1 week off regimen until Sept. or Oct. I've got get some tea tree shampoo, I'll use a glycerin, water, & oil combo for moisture, and BB super Gro on my scalp. For my leave in it'll be either Infusium 23 or IC Fantasia Strengther. I'm thinking about trying that Glover's medicated stuff, cuz it has lots of sulfur.

I want to be in the challenge. I got my braids done on the 27th. I'm gonna leave them in for 2 months (i hope) and take about a month off then put them back in again. I think I'll shampoo once a week and for moisture i have my own lil concoction ( virgin olive oil, water, conditioner) and im going to use s-curl..im also going to do a hot oil treatment every two weeks...um thats about it. Right now i have about 1/4 of an inch of growth since my last relaxer in the last week of february..im hoping the braids will help mny hair grow longer...

Oooh I want to join. I got my braids done March 3 and plan to take them out the end of April/first week of May (for graduation). So far I have about a 1/4 inch growth.

I cleanse my scalp every few day with Taliah Waajid's Moisture Clenz and moisturize my scalp with Natural Royal Roots Moisture Glaze (which is like a natural activator it has distilled water, shea butter, olive oil, ginko nut oil, indian hemp, vitamn e, balsam, and silk protein) every morning. At night I moisturize with the Moisture Glaze and put my hair in a bun.

<font color="purple">I'm game enough for this one. I did the front part of my hair Saturday, and hopefully, finish the last few this week. Can you imagine I finally cornrowed my own hair? Without extensions, of course. Toodles. </font>

hi ,
I am in too!! i Got my indivdual braids in on March 13th and plan on keeping them in for 2 months, taking them down for a couple of weeks to do some deep conditioning and getting them back in for another 2 months. Wish me Luck!!!
M. Blake

frown.gif
I want to join, no add hair, just my own, I dont really get my hair braided any more, I just do it myself, the longest I have keep braids, was about 3 months, that was way befofe LHCF,

how is it going, I have been doing mine for over a month just took my hair out, and planing too try yarn, I wash my hair today, and had quite alot of shedding, but I did spary my hair daily while in braids, is there always going to be a natural amount of loose hairs after taking braids outs? ty

is anyone using yarn or has used yarn for braiding or wraping the hair, ?

I had my hair braided a week ago so my official start date for this challange is May 1st 04. I will try to keep my hair braided for at least the next year, having them redone every 3 months. I will switch between singles, cornrows ans twists. I've been surging 2x a day for the past 7 days. I wash once a week with diluted shampoo, and then use a spray leave in conditioner. Wish me luck...

cat eye cutie how exactly do you 'wash' your braids? I am getting some kinky twists and would love to know how to 'wash' them
smile.gif
! May I ask what is the best type of hair for kinky twists or any type of twist? TIA

HHG!!!

Also, what type of braids do you have in you pics? They are so cute
smile.gif
!! And what type of hair did you use for them? TIA again

RE: cat eyed cutie

Also, what type of braids do you have in you pics? They are so cute
smile.gif
!! And what type of hair did you use for them? TIA again

Back