Boyfriend Wants You To Lose Weight

So we already know she's big. She probably got even bigger. Now he feels some type of way. As long as there is no nagging, unkind words, cruelty, abuse... i'd oblige him. He's my man after all, his opinion and wishes should count for something. Shoot, she probably wants to lose weight herself and this is just the push she needs.

Better to loose the weight.

Prior to my marriage, I once was in a relationship with a man who was chubby but in the process of loosing weight when we began dating, and he achieved his weight goal. Unfortunately he gained his original weight back and then some.

You would think the pressure to loose weight came from me. Unfortunately he had his own issues with it and his jealousy and insecurity sabotaged the relationship. He beat himself up over it. There were a lot of practical limitations that were introduced into our relationship because of the weight gain that didn't meet the eye. He literally began to resent me because of his weight gain. Strangers would often mistake him for a relative instead of a partner based on the disparity in our physical appearances. I’d like to tell you being supportive, and encouraging without trying to change them has a positive impact, but that wasn’t the case for me. It doesn't matter how much potential a relationship has, if your partner has a major insecurity about something to the point where they don't believe they deserve you, then the relationship is doomed. You need to be secure in the areas that are important to them and you.

Last edited:
I can't believe some of y'all are saying to leave him like what :lol: You're attracted to what you're attracted to and, depending on the person, an extra 15 lbs can make a whole heap of difference. Or maybe she was big and toned and now she is just big and flabby. There's a lot of variables here lol

I actually think it's a beautifully mature thing to go to her directly with it instead of cheating or making up some fake reason to break up with her to avoid hurting her feelings. He even tried to work out with her, she better keep him as long as he is treating her well otherwise and lose the weight :lol: it will be a huge win for her, also...it doesn't just benefit him. I pray she loses the weight and not her man :look:

Back