Boundless Tresses - The MTG takeover - How's the growth??

Been using only a few days but I like the texture and the way my hair feels. I'm on the Hide Your Challenge til April Fools day so I'll take photos but not post them until them.

Just purchased this today along with Lenzi's Request....I AM NOT PLAYIN IN 2007.

Thinkin about starting a fotki this year as I have not been taking any pics of my progress since starting. And believe me...I've come a LOONG way from the bald patches in 06.

I started using mines last week. When I first recieved it it was solid. A couple days later I went to apply it and was amazed it was in liquid form. I have traveled with it in this cold weather we're having so it's now solid again. That's not a problem because when I want to use it I will place it in a cup of hot water. I guess my sense of smell is so sensitive that I detected a mild sulfur smell. It's not as bad as MTG. I will probably add a few drops of lavender and peppermint oil to mines.

DAJ875 said:
I started using mines last week. When I first recieved it it was solid. A couple days later I went to apply it and was amazed it was in liquid form. I have traveled with it in this cold weather we're having so it's now solid again. That's not a problem because when I want to use it I will place it in a cup of hot water. I guess my sense of smell is so sensitive that I detected a mild sulfur smell. It's not as bad as MTG. I will probably add a few drops of lavender and peppermint oil to mines.

Next time get the one with the fragrance. That's the one I have and I don't smell any sulfur.

I just got mine and it was solid when I got it. I am using it on myself and on my hubby! This will truly be the experiment because he is getting a little thin in the middle:lachen: ! Maybe I should start a fotki for him

hmmmm..........:lachen:

I'm using the one with fragrance. My DH can smell the sulfur, though it is not bad or very loud smelling (diffuses within an hour). I think your sense of smell has to be very keen. He just likes to make jokes, like "girl I think I can take two 2x4's and rub them together near your head and make a fire" :eek: :lol: :nono:

nycutiepie said:
Next time get the one with the fragrance. That's the one I have and I don't smell any sulfur.

I thought about that but I didn't think I would like the fragrance. I mixed it with some lavender oil that diminished the scent some.

I just hopped on the band wagon, my MTG is bout to finish, might as well, cause its APL or bust before start of summer!!

Naijaqueen said:
I just hopped on the band wagon, my MTG is bout to finish, might as well, cause its APL or bust before start of summer!!

me too! I am not playing this year!

I permed my hair early January after stretching for 5 months. I recieved Odorless MTG a week after. I was so excited so I applied the same day I recieved it. A week after I started to feel new growth coming in. My hair actually looks fuller and feels softer (including the new growth). The only issue I have is that my hair is getting a bit dry and I have to moisturize more. My scalp is a little sore in certain areas which is probably a result from the growth. My edges were thinning before I started using it and they are filling back in nicely. There is a slight smell (not overpowering) of sulfur but its not very noticeable.

I have some new growth, but I don't know how much. Still watching for progress.

Anyone else have updates?

JUST GOT MYS LOVE THE SMELL IT WAS SOLID WHEN IT CAME BUT TOOK IT OUT THE BOX THE HOUSE IS REAL WARM SO IT TURN TO OIL REAL FAST :) SO FAR SO GOOD LET THE HAIR GROWING BEING I AM IN BRAIDS SO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MARCH TO SEE:(

Last edited:
I just got my boundless a week ago and I think I feel new growth already...... or maybe I'm just overly excited....I'll be back next week as well

I've been using it for some weeks now and I love the way my hair is getting soooooooooooooooo thick! I know that its from BT because even though i was using Lenzi'a Request and Bamboo before BT, my hair wasn't thick...got some growth, but not thickness.

If my hair keeps this up, I'm going to have to pass this on to every person I know who has problems with fine, thin hair.

BTW: I've taken some pics in my fotki, but my albums are closed until April 1st.

Nice & Wavy said:
I've been using it for some weeks now and I love the way my hair is getting soooooooooooooooo thick! I know that its from BT because even though i was using Lenzi'a Request and Bamboo before BT, my hair wasn't thick...got some growth, but not thickness.

If my hair keeps this up, I'm going to have to pass this on to every person I know who has problems with fine, thin hair.

BTW: I've taken some pics in my fotki, but my albums are closed until April 1st.
YOU GOING TO MAKE ME BREAK IN YOUR ALBUMS TO SEE WHAT BT HAS DONE FOR YOU:lol: :lol: :sekret: :sekret: :sekret: :Flahsssss :Flahsssss AND I AM GOING TO TAKE PICTURES AND POST THEM:lachen: :lachen:

baby42 said:
YOU GOING TO MAKE ME BREAK IN YOUR ALBUMS TO SEE WHAT BT HAS DONE FOR YOU:lol: :lol: :sekret: :sekret: :sekret: :Flahsssss :Flahsssss AND I AM GOING TO TAKE PICTURES AND POST THEM:lachen: :lachen:

That's a good one!!! LOL....:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: !!!

I have an update!!!! I've been using Boundless Tresses for about 3 weeks all over. My texture is getting curlier by the day, I swear! But I don't know if it's because of BT. Anyway, I was washing my hair today, and I realized that my hairline is BACK! I lost a bit of it from using micros, and I was really concerned. Using my BT everyday, I regained it, QUICK! And I mean I regained my ENTIRE hairline back. I'm sure I have more new growth, I just never measured my TWA and I get my braids put back in at the end of the week. I'll post pics in my Fotki ASAP!

EDIT: So I took pics and I realized that since it just started growing in, you can't really see the hair growth in the pictures. I pulled my hair back as if it were going in a ponytail, and there were no partially bald spots. This was impossible a few weeks ago! I owe it all to BT!

LADIES, BUY BOUNDLESS TRESSES!!! You have nothing to lose, it's less than $20!!! You have tons of us on here that see results, and we got those results QUICK!

THANKS NATURALLADY! :)

Last edited:
Congrats on your success NL. I ordered the sulphur when she first mentioned it back in the recipe board and use my own mix. I use it about twice a week and have done so consistently since the beginning of the year. When I took out my cornrows to redo them about 2 weeks ago, I measured and I gained an inch. HTH Q

All these stories are tempting me to buy this. Can I use it while in micro braids without alot of buildup? Because I'll be getting them put in next Saturday so if I can use this it will be great

LilChocolateMa said:
I have an update!!!! I've been using Boundless Tresses for about 3 weeks all over. My texture is getting curlier by the day, I swear! But I don't know if it's because of BT. Anyway, I was washing my hair today, and I realized that my hairline is BACK! I lost a bit of it from using micros, and I was really concerned. Using my BT everyday, I regained it, QUICK! And I mean I regained my ENTIRE hairline back. I'm sure I have more new growth, I just never measured my TWA and I get my braids put back in at the end of the week. I'll post pics in my Fotki ASAP!

BUY BOUNDLESS TRESSES!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS NATURALLADY! :)

Oh my goodness....that is awesome news! Congratulations on the comeback of your hairline....I know it works too!

Jay said:
All these stories are tempting me to buy this. Can I use it while in micro braids without alot of buildup? Because I'll be getting them put in next Saturday so if I can use this it will be great

Yes, you absoulutely can. I used MTG while in braids, and that was a serious process because I would leave it in overnight and then wash it out the next day, because the smell was awful. Boundless Tresses sinks right into your hair and doesn't have a noticable scent, so it's going to be PERFECT for braids, especially since it has that spout. Can't wait to get my braids in 3 days! I'll post picture updates monthly!

Jay said:

I've never had microbraids, but using BT, I think that you can because a little goes a long way. But, maybe someone else will chime in who have had them or have them now that uses BT and can really tell you.

Londondiva....I think you got it right from January.......It's a MTG TAKEOVER FOR SURE!!!

Boundless Tresses is great!

I'm very happy with mine so far. I'll be able to measure growth after the April reveal. :D I'm getting a relaxer on the first and will be using it for two months.

Last edited:
Back