Boundaries ~ Let's Discuss

I need to remember that nothing will change my parent’s thoughts. They’ve thought and patented toxic their whole life. Things won’t change now.

Now that I think about it, I have been pushed into my masculine my entire life. I wasn’t allowed to cry. I’m not allowed to have feelings. If I have feelings I have a chip on my shoulder. If loved ones talk bad to you it doesn’t matter because they didn’t mean it or you are too soft. It’s annoying.

I felt good that I left early today.

Last edited:
@PrissiSippi you have to be patient with yourself. You are doing good. You will slip up again and again because they are your parents. That along with the black community that tries to make life impossible for us: be happy, but not too happy, put your relationship first, but if he messes up it’s your job to fix it, but let him lead, but if he doesn’t it’s your fault, be soft, sweet, and feminine, but don’t expect to be loved, cared for, and supported. Support the men in our community, march and fight for them but don’t expect the same in return. Oh and it’s ok if they date interracially but if you do, you’re not loyal. I just can’t. It’s a lose lose proposition so we have to make our own rules, lead with our femininity, heal, keep moving forward, and be determined to live a good life.

I’m glad you left early too.

Sure thing! Just attended my first CODA session today over the phone, and I’m hooked. Will inbox you the details.
Yay!! I’m glad you joined! Support groups were a lifesaver for me. I joined CODA and Gam-anon (for families of gambling addicts). I don’t go to meetings anymore since I don’t feel I need them anymore. They were crucial for me to get healthy because boundaries aren’t built in a vacuum, like the book keeps saying. You’ll never set them without outside support because you’ll be too afraid to lose your current relationships and we all need relationships in order to survive.

@PrissiSippi you have to be patient with yourself. You are doing good. You will slip up again and again because they are your parents. That along with the black community that tries to make life impossible for us: be happy, but not too happy, put your relationship first, but if he messes up it’s your job to fix it, but let him lead, but if he doesn’t it’s your fault, be soft, sweet, and feminine, but don’t expect to be loved, cared for, and supported. Support the men in our community, march and fight for them but don’t expect the same in return. Oh and it’s ok if they date interracially but if you do, you’re not loyal. I just can’t. It’s a lose lose proposition so we have to make our own rules, lead with our femininity, heal, keep moving forward, and be determined to live a good life.

I’m glad you left early too.
I mean Black Women Can't WIN! It's so hard for me to not try to change this and drop the need to be right and make boundaries instead. It ANGERS me so much.

I mean Black Women Can't WIN! It's so hard for me to not try to change this and drop the need to be right and make boundaries instead. It ANGERS me so much.

It’s ok. All of it is infuriating. But you can and you will win :yep:. You keep moving forward and keep healing. Your parents may never change or get it. You will have to find a way to love them from a place that allows your own personal journey. Become more detached. Assume they will never change and allow them their space to be who they are. Try to have a sense of humor about it. Why waste energy on trying to change them? They are happy with their way of life. Focus on you. The boundaries you make are not for them. They are for you. We want people to leave us alone and mind their business but it is us who needs to mind our business, heal ourselves, and make our way in the world. You have come a long way Priss. You are doing good. Keep moving forward.

I took the course as I was preparing to leave my ex. The course gave me clarity and courage. I also paid for some one on one help from her as well. She is a smart lady.
You should have told me about this course a year ago!!! Lol I left like Tina Turner escaping to her mother’s house! Lmbo!

Back