Bored being naturl

SqrpioQutie

Bored being natural

ok.. it's been about 4 months or so and being natural has gone from being an exciting journey to being boring... i'm used to incredible versatility and my length (post-shrinkage) doesn't allow me to do very much... i can never keep any kind of protective style for longer than a couple of days (i took my last braids out after having them less than a day)... i'm seriously considering relaxing again because then i at least know what to do to and for it... plus, i think my wash-n-go was prettier when i had relaxed hair (a pic of which is in my album).... any thoughts?? :confused:

Last edited:
Feel ur pain....
I get like that every four months....
Sometimes I just want to wear my hair down with out it gettign curly so quick..

I end up putting braids in my hair, and doing different styles to it.
Give urself another 6 months to decide if that what you really want.

Re: Bored being natural

SqrpioQutie said:
ok.. it's been about 4 months or so and being natural has gone from being an exciting journey to being boring... :confused:

Yeah, same here. I was sooo excited during my transition... & when I finally chopped off the relaxed ends, I was in PURE HEAVEN, lol, I tell ya'. It's nearing 1 yr since my chop, and I'm sooo bored & tired of my hair. I'm NOT even thinking about relaxing... that's FARRR from my mind... I'm just not excited about styling my hair any more... once it grows out (( more )) then I'll prolly get more excited... but until then, it's just blah!!

I've felt like that many times. Each time, I'd texturize only to have breaking hairs all over the place. I also missed my kinks almost immediatly....even though I was bored and tired when I had them. I think what I missed about my natural hair was the uniqueness.

I just chopped again about 2 months ago.

I think that after so long, both relaxed and natural hair just becomes......hair. Since I've been natural before off and on, I'm not really super hyped up about trying new product lines anymore like I used to be. I guess this time around, I'm just gonna see how long it can grow for about 2 years. :)

Wait at least a week before getting a relaxer. You may be just going through growing pains. I absolutely love being a natural. As your hair grows, you will probably enjoy being natural.

I agree with divine. Give it a few more months to grow out some more. Just have patience...every inch you get you'll be able to do something new - twists, plaits, afro, pull back with cute scarf.

Just yesterday I discovered my 3rd hairstyle! My hair was long enough to put a cute scarf on and have an afro-curly puff going on in the back. I was so excited, lol, cause my hair is like 3 inches long! :D

Last edited:
I'm not natural but just wanted to give some incouragement, I thought I wanted to go natural when I first came to LHCF, which wasn't long ago at all, I was loving the albums of the natural bsl and mid back length hair it was beautiful. But reality kicked in and I know I love straight hair it low maintenance for me and a little easier to manage, I didn't relax until I was almost 17 and I mostly wore individual braids w/my own hair or press and curl so I remember those days and didn't have a problem w/it, I think most of the time we yearn to have what we don't have it's more of a mind thing if you ask me. Girl, give it a little while longer look at some of the style of the other natural women on the board and try new styles, also you could always get some Good Old Ceramic flat irons and go the relaxed look every now and then, plus w/ the technology out there naturals have the best of both hair worlds (you can be kinky one day or straight the next, and the silkener is nice too, how about that curly pudding making curls more define,) hmmmm I might have to think about this natural thing it could be fun:lol: , no not now for me. Anyway keep ya head up girl and don't get discouraged, I think they even have a thread for all naturals. HHG

maybe you could go to nappturality.com...the ladies on their always keep me inspired...just give it a little more time...maybe you can get some cornrows or braids..thats what im doing just so i can transition without having to deal with what im going to do with my hair while im transitioning...its been for me since May..that was the last time i put a relaxer in my hair...so just give it a little more thought...

Why not try some different color rinses on your hair? As they wash out already start looking for the next new color to put in. Then maybe just highlight one part of your hair with the rinse. That always gives me a pick me up on my hair even when it was still relaxed.

What was wrong with the braids? Maybe a sew in weave to get it out of your system for a minute, then if you really don't like your natural hair then you know what to do.

yall are mighty encouraging!!... but i'm super impatient and even more impulsive :lachen: so the VERY next day i texturized... honestly, i'm really feelin it... for one, i can now really see my progress (and apparently i had a bunch of hair packed in my super shrinky twa) and secondly, i like my curls way more and it's easier for me to keep them moisturized... i feel like i have the best of both worlds now cuz my wash and gos are way cuter now... :band:

but thank you guys so much!!

sistawithsumthin said:
Why not try some different color rinses on your hair? As they wash out already start looking for the next new color to put in. Then maybe just highlight one part of your hair with the rinse. That always gives me a pick me up on my hair even when it was still relaxed.

What was wrong with the braids? Maybe a sew in weave to get it out of your system for a minute, then if you really don't like your natural hair then you know what to do.

they ones i had were too heavy... plus whenever i have braids, i tend to get rid of them as soon as they start looking less than new... plus my scalp never seems to like it... :grin:

Back