I cant take my hair anymore...Im going to texlax my hair

I just need my hair to be a little more manageable...detangling...mositurizing and all that takes FOREVER...i need to cut down on this time..and do something that I like looking at each day...Im going to apply a Just for Me Texture softner and wash it out in about 10 min...I still want my thickness with curl def. but more options...I dont care for this "wooly" look on me...Sorry guys
Wait a minute, have you ever used that brand before?
You sound like you've already made your decision to do the tex lax but can I suggest that you return to a relaxer that you've used in the past with success.

I'd hate for you to try something brand new and have a funky result.

It might be better to just use the gentle strength of whatever brand you've used before and add a bunch of oil to the mix.

Good luck and I hope you will post pics of the end result. I'm sure it will be nice.

I just cant do it anymore...this shrinkage, this dryness and other weirdness... mabye being natural just isnt for me...I am going to texlax my hair... I now know how to care for my hair much better..but I need more versatility than just braids, twists and fros...Im not caring much for my hair much right now..using heat jacks it up..too many chemicals mess it up too...I can have the best of both worlds....I will post pics of what it looks like afterwards...

Girl, I just read in Naturallady's thread that you texlaxed. Awww. Im glad you like it though.

Oooooh, sweetie! Are you sure? I hope you'll think long and hard about this decision. If you ultimately decide to texlax, please don't use "Just For Me." This stuff is not good. Use a regular relaxer, perhaps a Lye base relaxer. No-Lye tends to dry out the hair for me and for a lot of women. But be certain that this is what you want. It's a huge decision!

Please please PLEASE think it through first.

I had a very bad texlax experience. Some parts came out straight and other parts came out like a loose curls. So I shaved it all off and started all over again. :shocked:

these are pics of my new texlaxed hair... (I just got off of work, so please excuse, if they look slightly fuzzy)

Attachments

• texlax.jpg
    texlax.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 17
  • texlax3.jpg
    texlax3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 18
  • texlax4.jpg
    texlax4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 22
Back