Blooper: My phony pony fell off in public today

sunshinelady

Lawd, I prayed that would never happen. I was strutting and just knew I looked cute with drawstring phony pony on today. I went to a large department store and ran into a family friend. We were chatting and she said "Oops, let me get that for you." I looked down and there was my damned ponytail looking like a Tribble (Star Trek reference) on the floor. I just stared at it for a second. I fully expected it to look up at me and scurry away.

I pretended not to be embarrassed, picked it up off the floor and reattached it like it was no biggie. There weren't a lot of people looking, but I know I am on the darned security camera. I bet the people watching that were cutting up at my expense.

Just wanted to share.:lachen:

Last edited:
Lawd, I prayed that would never happen. I was strutting and just knew I looked cute with drawstring phony pony on today. I went to a large department store and ran into a family friend. We were chatting and she said "Oops, let me get that for you." I looked down and there was damned ponytail looking like a Tribble (Star Trek reference) on the floor.

I pretended not to be embarrassed, picked it up off the floor and reattached it like it was no biggie. There weren't a lot of people looking, but I know I am on the darned security camera. I bet the people watching that were cutting up at my expense.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:O M G! Ok....if it makes you feel any better I lost a 3/4 wig in the water at the beach once....lol:lachen:And my boyfriend at the time proceeded to carry it back to our spot where we were set up LOL. I wanted to drown myself...

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: That happened to me in the subway station one day. I was running trying to get through the gate and up to the escalator to try and catch the train. Then this man said hey you dropped something. I looked back and my whole ponytail was on the floor. :perplexed I just didn't get the damn thing on good that day. It fell of like 4 times throughout the course of the day. Thank goodness nobody managed to catch it. When it got close to the end of the day I just took it off and put it in my purse at work. :nono: Word of advice - if you have a UPA clip, don't attach it to wet hair. It's not gonna stay.

ETA: It's not as bad as one of my gfs though. She had this wig that her mom had and didn't like. She used to wear it from time to time and she would wear some type of hat with it. It looked cute. Why one day when she was walking down the street the wind blew both the hat and the wig off? And she was running down the street chasing it with her own hair all over her head. She had just washed her hair and blowdried it (she had a short hair cut at the time) but hadn't done anything to it yet. I felt bad for her but it sure was funny. :lol:

Last edited:
:eek::lachen:that is just hilarious, at least you played it off girl....you got me laughing so hard though, my stomach hurts when you mentioned the star trek tribble!!!

OMG......Sunshinelady :grouphug3:here's a hug !

I've never worn a phoney pony, but I had simlar fears that my wig would shift or fall off in public.

It has never happened, but I need to start using bobby pins this winter. I can just imagine pulling off my winter hat and my WIG coming off with it!
At least you kept it rolling....:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:O M G! Ok....if it makes you feel any better I lost a 3/4 wig in the water at the beach once....lol:lachen:And my boyfriend at the time proceeded to carry it back to our spot where we were set up LOL. I wanted to drown myself...

:lachen:OMG you guys are killing me !!!

Oh man rather you than me, you handled yourself well. I've always imagined that if that happened to me i wud act the same way you did.
But lawd knows i pray it never happens to me, lately im sure mine just isn't staying on as snug as it used to, and when the wind blows i can feel it shifting or im just being paranoid :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I would've left that thing in the water. What 3/4 wig? :look:

I have been doing boring reviews for the past two days literally falling asleep listening to this stuff.

Thank you very much ladies for the wake up.

I am over here hollaring. (I remember the trebbles from Star Trek)

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I am going to check this thread later because I am sure more stories are going to be pouring in.​

:lachen::lachen:
An "America's Funniest Home Video" moment, eh?
It's good that we can laugh at ourselves! You're a good sport sunshinelady!
Thanks for sharing!

Lawd, I prayed that would never happen. I was strutting and just knew I looked cute with drawstring phony pony on today. I went to a large department store and ran into a family friend. We were chatting and she said "Oops, let me get that for you." I looked down and there was damned ponytail looking like a Tribble (Star Trek reference) on the floor.

LOL, you made me choke on my spit.

and that is the #1 reason ya won't catch me wearing artificial hair on my head :blush:.

so sorry sunshinelady - you handled your business though and didn't miss a beat!

.......that's sum funny ish dough :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I had on an obnoxious "I dream of Jeanie" ponytail one day at work. some of the bobby pins were sticking my scalp so I took them out. My fried stopped by my desk to chat and I turned my head fast and my ponytail went flying! She laughed so hard that she fell and hit her head on a Steelcase file cabinet!

LMMFAO

Awww sorry to hear that! Good thing very few saw it. I remember one time my former friend and I were crossing the street, she bumped into me and "accidentally":rolleyes: got her hand caught into my headband wig. It fell off in the middle of the street. I snatched it up, put it back on and kept it moving. I was sooo embarrassed on the inside but I didn't act like it on the outside. I'm sooo certain that was done on purpose cause she had a f-up sense of humor.:rolleyes:

I think I would have lied and said "Its not mine."

Thats embarrassing.

Girl that has happen to me before....:lachen::lachen:...I picked it up and put it right back on like nothing happened...:look:

o lord girlllllllllll!!
thank god your friend informed you of it, otherwise you might have left it on the floor in the dept store:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I've been there. When I went to six flags and when I got off the ride my phony pony was off! Plus my roommate put me on blast!

LOL, I am so sorry this happend to you.

The same thing happened to me when I was in high school. Someone hit me in the head with a doge ball and my pony went flying. I went home sick that day.:blush:

Back