BlackMasterPiece's Guide to Straightening 4a/b Hair! (Pic-alicious!!) SWANG Alert!!!!

Re: BlackMasterPiece's Guide to Straightening 4a/b Hair! (Pic-alicious!!) SWANG Alert

Gorgeous from start to finish! Nothin like some good swang on a head of thick, lush natural hair! Thanks for sharing.

Re: BlackMasterPiece's Guide to Straightening 4a/b Hair! (Pic-alicious!!) SWANG Alert

I am completely mesmerized by your hair. I love it.

I guess this is what this forums all about, your hair looks fabulous!!! So soft, healthy and beautiful, thanks for the inspiration

Gorgeous hair!!! And I love your bathroom tile. Is that tumbled travertine?

Um....

Where's the SWANG?

Lol I want to see the swang in action too!

But I'm sort of scared the glory of it might make folk start hyperventilating and fainting and mess.:lachen:

I so love the Pin up look! your hair is beautiful!!!

Ohhh I wanna hate so bad. lol. (jk) So pretty. Keep up the wonderful work.

That's what my home straightening used to look like with heat damage, i can't imagine what it would look like today so kudos to you!

I posted my hair goal in my siggy without really having an idea how long my hair was :lol: it had been so long since I'd straightened, so I guess my new goal is MBL blunt....but I'm very much satisfied with where I'm at right now:yep:

Nice fluff! I aim to keep my hair thick too after my flat iron sessions. So what length are you claiming-- BSL (bra strap length)?? MBL or midback length is below bra strap length by 3-6 inches i believe.

Your hair looks beautiful. What flat iron do you use?

Um....

Where's the SWANG?
Hahahahaaaa I really don't know how ppl do those gifs wit their hair swingin but I'll do a 30 second vid of my hair swangin and b like this is dedicated to smartypants! lol

Gorgeous hair!!! And I love your bathroom tile. Is that tumbled travertine?
I'll ask my dad, he's the one that gutted and remodeled our house so he'd know:yep:

But I'm sort of scared the glory of it might make folk start hyperventilating and fainting and mess.:lachen:
lmfao! too funny:lol:

I so love the Pin up look! your hair is beautiful!!!
I love it when its pinned up too! I feel so free but it's getting harder and harder to pin up lately:ohwell: I guess I gotta start using more clips....

Nice fluff! I aim to keep my hair thick too after my flat iron sessions. So what length are you claiming-- BSL (bra strap length)?? MBL or midback length is below bra strap length by 3-6 inches i believe.
Umm I guess I can kinda claim BSL?:look:

But yea my ultimate goal is MBL thick healthy ends that'll be the best!!:grin:

Your hair looks beautiful. What flat iron do you use?
Thank ya kindly I use the regular ole black con air ceramic flat iron you can get from the pharmacy for like $40....it works fine but its a few yrs old so I'm lookin for a new one. As long as its ceramic and has multiple heat settings, you're good;)

Pretty:yep: How did you curl the ends with rollers or a curling iron?
Neither, I just twist the flat iron to create the curls.

Last edited:

Where you on the LIRR this morning.. I swear I saw a girl with Hair just like yours today!! And I thought to my self how nice!!

Anyways it looks nice and so thick, yummy

Where you on the LIRR this morning.. I swear I saw a girl with Hair just like yours today!! And I thought to my self how nice!!

Anyways it looks nice and so thick, yummy
Actually....yes I was!!! lol

OMG! What a small world! Honeychild your hair STOOD out like a sore thumb girl.. it was so thick and nice!! especially to a fellow LHCF member.. I would have said something, but you were on the platform, I was actually on the train headed to Penn! I'll keep an eye out for you now!

OMG! What a small world! Honeychild your hair STOOD out like a sore thumb girl.. it was so thick and nice!! especially to a fellow LHCF member.. I would have said something, but you were on the platform, I was actually on the train headed to Penn! I'll keep an eye out for you now!
lmao! WOW small world indeed!! Yea don't be afriad to say hi if we do cross paths again.

I love it! I got spotted!:grin: lol

Your hair is looks beautiful!

WOW, your hair is seriously gorgeous!:yep::rosebud:

She'd better get those videos up before I get Riley to come in here and start a riot. She promised us SWANG!

your hair is really pretty!

Okay yall! So my Blog Post with additional exclusive pix & additional details is up!! It has pix of my hair blown out and a true blue texture shot of my hair.

If you're a fan of me on facebook or follow me on twitter then you automatically get notified of my updates and reflections.

Enjoy Loves!:blowkiss:

Last edited:

My hurr got that SWANG again!!!:cool2::yahoo:

Hey yall, so I was tired of the pixies after having them in 3 1/2 weeks they looked fine but I was overdue for a trim and ready to see my true length so I took em down. I tend to only leave "long term styles" in for three weeks max before I'm bored and ready to switch it up:giggle:

The crimped effect is actually really cute....I would've left it like this had it not been for the accumulated dead hair hidden in there lol

picture.php

The Pixies held up wonderfully and had surprising unanticipated benefits to my hair that I noticed after the takedown. I anticipated the length retention but I didn't anticipate the increase in thickness....**I'll get into that in more depth on my blog post on this** (anyone can comment!)

Anywhoo here's what I did:

- Pre-Pooed generously with EVOO

- Braided the hair in eight sections

picture.php

- Went to the sink nourishspa poo and condish in hand put the poo only on my scalp and used the SPECTACULAR condish for detangling *incredible slip!* on my hair and GENTLY detangled.

- Rebraided as I went then put and GENEROUS amount of LeKair Cholesterol throughout my hair with a bit of aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructer Deep conditioned under the dryer for 35 minutes then rinsed out

- Sprayed my hair with a leave-in I didnt like lol (I would usually use ic fantasia aloe liquid leave in for dry damaged hair dilluted 1-5 ) and began to blow dry my hair braid by braid with a very moderately powered blow dryer.

- Took my ceramic flat iron and alternated between 360 and 395 tending more toward 360 (I decided to do only moderate heat tonight)
- Voila! Swingin Swangin hair!!! :yahoo:

***Much more detail and pictures have been posted on my blog including a texture shot and pix of my hair blown out**
(anyone can comment!)
I posted my hair goal in my siggy without really having an idea how long my hair was :lol: it had been so long since I'd straightened, so I guess my new goal is MBL blunt....but I'm very much satisfied with where I'm at right now:yep:

picture.php

picture.php

Pinned up for the night!

picture.php

I PROMISE the video tutorials are coming asap!!!:blowkiss:

Looking Good,Thickness & Length...Happy Hair Growing!

Your hair is absolutely beautiful!!

Your hair is sooooo beautiful!!! Congrats on your growth!

cj

Congrats on you progress, your hair is so thick and lush, def. an inspiration.:yep:

SUPER THICK!!!

Back