BlackMasterPiece's Guide to Straightening 4a/b Hair! (Pic-alicious!!) SWANG Alert!!!!

BlackMasterPiece

My hurr got that SWANG again!!!:cool2::yahoo:

Hey yall, so I was tired of the pixies after having them in 3 1/2 weeks they looked fine but I was overdue for a trim and ready to see my true length so I took em down. I tend to only leave "long term styles" in for three weeks max before I'm bored and ready to switch it up:giggle:

The crimped effect is actually really cute....I would've left it like this had it not been for the accumulated dead hair hidden in there lol

picture.php

The Pixies held up wonderfully and had surprising unanticipated benefits to my hair that I noticed after the takedown. I anticipated the length retention but I didn't anticipate the increase in thickness....**I'll get into that in more depth on my blog post on this** (anyone can comment!)

Anywhoo here's what I did:

- Pre-Pooed generously with EVOO

- Braided the hair in eight sections

picture.php

- Went to the sink nourishspa poo and condish in hand put the poo only on my scalp and used the SPECTACULAR condish for detangling *incredible slip!* on my hair and GENTLY detangled.

- Rebraided as I went then put and GENEROUS amount of LeKair Cholesterol throughout my hair with a bit of aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructer Deep conditioned under the dryer for 35 minutes then rinsed out

- Sprayed my hair with a leave-in I didnt like lol (I would usually use ic fantasia aloe liquid leave in for dry damaged hair dilluted 1-5 ) and began to blow dry my hair braid by braid with a very moderately powered blow dryer.

- Took my ceramic flat iron and alternated between 360 and 395 tending more toward 360 (I decided to do only moderate heat tonight)
- Voila! Swingin Swangin hair!!! :yahoo:

***Much more detail and pictures have been posted on my blog including a texture shot and pix of my hair blown out**
(anyone can comment!)
I posted my hair goal in my siggy without really having an idea how long my hair was :lol: it had been so long since I'd straightened, so I guess my new goal is MBL blunt....but I'm very much satisfied with where I'm at right now:yep:

picture.php

picture.php

Pinned up for the night!

picture.php

I PROMISE the video tutorials are coming asap!!!:blowkiss:

Last edited:
Re: BlackMasterPiece's Guide to Straightening 4a/b Hair! (Pic-alicious!!) SWANG Alert

Pretty Thick and Lush! Looks beautiful :)

Re: BlackMasterPiece's Guide to Straightening 4a/b Hair! (Pic-alicious!!) SWANG Alert

Beautiful! You make me want to go natural...for about 3 seconds :grin:

Wow it looks great!

Your hair looks great!

So you didn't use a heat protectant?

Your hair is so freaking thick and pretty. Wow, I love it.

i love it. it looks so soft! i wanna touch it.

Awe thanx you guys!!

msa I used this crazy mixture that totally didn't work together it was mostly infusium some of it was the ic aloe leave in for blow drying<---my usual heat protectant, and then on top of it I sprayed my CHI iron guard prolly mixed too many things together. I don't think it went together too well:ohwell: does the CHI have to be used alone? Next time I'm gonna stick to a dilluted spray bottle of mostly the IC leave in thats been my heat protectant staple over the yrs and I'm gonna go back to it for good.

As for CHI.....I'm gonna give it one last shot then I'm selling it:nono: I'm really not feelin CHI at all so far...I got it via word of mouth....just another example of the fact that if ur reggie aint broke, don't fix it lol

Your hair looks beautiful!:yep: Can't wait to see your youtube vids!:grin:

i took my iron guard back as well. did nothing for me.

i love that braidout...hair looks fab, as always

your hair looks great!!
You ladies are so talented and patient...

Thanks love! Yea I loved the braidout too its was such perfect waves and so big i really would've rocked it if it wasn't for the dire need to detangle lol

As for the Iron Guard, I HEARRRD that lilsparkle!!! I dont like the feel of it, the smell of it, and in the end it just did nothing for my hair as you said. I got two of them on sale, I might give it one last whirl on one section of my hair without adding any other products next time I flat iron, MAYBE, and if it doesn't give me better results I'm marchin my booty right on over to dat product exchange forum:nono:

Everybody's talkin bout CHI this CHI that....yall could keep that. Imma use my ole trusty:cool:

Great results. I need more pics.

No worries I'll be posting more extensive pix in my blog post on this by this afternoon hun, Igotchu!!:cool:

JUST BEAUTIFUL!! All that hair is gorgeous. thanks for sharing.

The Braidout and the Straightened hair are gorgeous! and the thickness... :drool:

Great thread, thank you! :clapping: Your hair looks beautiful.

Beautiful hair girlfriend....my hair will be like urs when it grows up, out and hopefully down.

:gorgeous: Girl I'm on my way to your blog to see the rest of those pics.
You've got a head full of lusciousness :love4:

Pretty:yep: How did you curl the ends with rollers or a curling iron?

Looks good girl - congrads...
I like how you threw that duece in at the end....

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I love the results of your straightened hair, and all the progress you've made! Keep on growing, girlie, 'cause your hair looks fantastic!:grin:

BlackMasterPiece, your hair looks so soft and beautiful, and I love the length.

It's neat that you posted this because I straightened my hair with a flat-iron about 2 days ago and got the same results...I usually use grease to flat-iron, but this time I did without grease and got a soft fluffy swang feel & look to my hair.

I lover your hair you are my hairspration
now on to more important things
I love your bathroom tile:lachen:

Gorgeous hair BMP!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Back