BKT users...what to say?

blissy

BKT women,

How do you explain your hair? Several days go while on a date, he asked 'what is in your hair?' :ohwell: The question shocked me.

I wear my hair in braidouts mostly and as the day progresses it changes to curls/coils/kinks and big hair. I love it. But, I must say I was perplexed at his question.

The answer is BKT ... then what?
How do you explain BKT in two sentences?

BKT women,

How do you explain your hair? Several days go while on a date, he asked 'what is in your hair?' :ohwell: The question shocked me.

I wear my hair in braidouts mostly and as the day progresses it changes to curls/coils/kinks and big hair. I love it. But, I must say I was perplexed at his question.

The answer is BKT ... then what?
How do you explain BKT in two sentences?
Thats interesting that he would ask that question-was it because your hair felt different, or because it looked different? I don't have a BKT yet, but if and when I do and somebody asks me what a BKT is, I'll say its a conditioner coating that keeps my curls poppin!:drunk:

Stella B.,

I think he asked because it looks different. His first question was "Is it a Jheri curl?" Then he venutred to touch it. Then he asked about my ethnic make up. Then he just looked at me baffled.

He's is the first man I've dated since my BKT and I was unprepared. I like your answer "its a conditioner coating that keeps my curls poppin!" I may just have to use it!!

Hopefully he'll accept that one.

Happy BKT-ing!!

I would just tell him an intense leave in conditioner giggle and move on. No other explaination should be needed.

Has he seen your natural hair in the same style prior to this date? Has the BKT changed your natural texture? Did your hair look really wet/moist like a jerri curl or were the curls just popping?

I remember my ex asked me what I did to my hair when I wore my first wash n go. He didn't realize my hair curls the way it does. I just told him that I washed it, and that's how my natural texture looks. It dries like that. You might not want to get too specific. I'd just tell him it's a wash n go, and you used a new product that helps 'define' your curls. Did your texture change that much though?

I get these questions a bunch, OP. My answers are most like Ediese' below. "It's a wash n go"... "I'm a natural"... I might add that I do keratin treatments if it's a woman (especially a fellow natural) but I rarely end up expounding on that, unless they look really interested. I know how I can be about hair and I have seen enough eyes glaze over to know less is more... :lol:

I remember my ex asked me what I did to my hair when I wore my first wash n go. He didn't realize my hair curls the way it does. I just told him that I washed it, and that's how my natural texture looks. It dries like that. You might not want to get too specific. I'd just tell him it's a wash n go, and you used a new product that helps 'define' your curls. Did your texture change that much though?

i dont have one yet , but if i did id just say its a keratin treatment.. or hair treatment and leave it at that.

So are they asking because your hair looks different and they've seen the way it looks before, or because it looks like something is "on" it? The reason I ask is I've never heard anyone ask what I put on my natural hair when I wear it in braids, or twists, or even flat iron it...

So are they asking because your hair looks different and they've seen the way it looks before, or because it looks like something is "on" it? The reason I ask is I've never heard anyone ask what I put on my natural hair when I wear it in braids, or twists, or even flat iron it...

For me, they ask because I used to always always always hide my hair. Once I started BKTing, I discovered I could wash-n-go painlessly and it was on! For me, they ask me if I'm natural... am I multi-racial... basically, "how do you get your hair to do that?!" If they really want to know I'll tell 'em every detail, no problem. I can talk hair all day. lol

Back