BIOTIN GREAT FOR HAIR NAILS AND WEIGHT LOSS!!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I HAVE BEEN ON BIOTIN FOR OVER TWO WEEKS NOW AND WITHOUT ANY EFFORT I HAVE LOST 3 POUNDS. MY HAIR AND NAILS ARE GROWING FASTER AND I AM LOVING IT!
I never knew that taking vitamins for the hair would have so many all around results. I have not changed my diet or daily activities. Actually I don't do too much of any excercising, may an occasional family walk. My sister noticed my weight loss about a week after I started taking 5mgs a day. She said to me "Have you lost weight? Your pants don't seem to be as tight as before. I told her the only thing that I am doing different is taking the biotin. I got on the doctors scale and I actually lost 3 pounds! My nails are growig faster that ever and I noticed increased hair growth. Wow!

Re: BIOTIN GREAT FOR HAIR NAILS AND WEIGHT LOSS!!!

dontspeak girl I think your right, now I have been on a low carb diet for a few years and lost the thirty pounds that I wanted to a few years ago. Normally when I cheat I put on weight but lately I have noticed that when I do cheat even though I dont lose, I dont gain either and I couldn't understand it, but now I think you may be on to something and someone else posted that she is diabetic and her doc put her on biotin and b 6 i think to help with her blood sugar, it does something to carbs. What an amazing side effect! Of course if your skinny you'd prolly need to counter that with some codliver oil caps.

I was wanting to lose about 10 pounds before my birthday. Looks like I am not going to have to do as much work to get there. I am loving this! I think that it does something to speed up your metabolism and help breakdown the fat. I did not know this before buying it though. How could something so simple have such wonderful effects. People have spent thousands of dollars on weight loss supplements and diets and I have found it at Walmart for $1.38 a bottle!!!

Wow! you lost 3 pounds in a week? Awesome. I would like to lose 10 pounds by Oct. It just seems like no matter what I do, I stay at 120 pounds. Good for you though.

Yes, I thought that was record breaking also. But I am loving it! On my way to losing seven more!

these are amazing/interesting results you ladies are having......
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

DSD, what is your regimine because for me I saw the exact opposite, I gained weight and my hair growth rate did not change.
swearing.gif
I did however, see a change in my nails but that only inconvenienced me because I had to get them done more often. I was taking the PP Biotin. Maybe Walmart biotin might be better.

I am taking 5000mcg's a day or 5mg's. I started off taking them 3 times a day. 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening. I drink plently of water with these. I am in braids and it looks like I have had them in for over a month and it has only been a week and a half since I did them. I always do, when I take any vitamin, respond well to them. I honestly don't think that brand names make any difference just the dosage. Your body may need a different dose of these to get results or maybe you might try to combine them with some of the other vitamins suggested on the board. I am going to see, if I can, also handle msm soon. I heard this one is great for softening new growth.

You weigh 120 and want to lose ten lbs? If I may ask, how tall are you? I'm trying to get to 150 and I'm just under 5'10''. Are you petite in frame?

I was kind of confused about mcg's and mg's. I take 1000 mcg of biotin a day, so that means its' actually 1 mg. I guess if I want to lose weight through biotin, I might have to take more than 1 pill.

Yep, at the time I was taking 5 mgs. The weightloss stopped because of these stupid birth control pills that I am taking. Gotta get off these pills!!! In a hurry.

My mom lost 50lbs just by taking biotin. I posted about it on the Heath & fitness board.

Ok, so this is great news. Man I pop a biotin first thing in the morning before I even open my eyes.
lachen70.gif
. But you see I didn't know I could take more than 1 a day, I bought the Sublingual lozenge by Solaray, 1000mcg. Does anyone else use this? I love it cause it dissolves. I have been takin it about 3 weeks and my nails look FABULOUS!! I am soo going to up my dosage
smile.gif
.........oh and by the way, my biotin isnt cheap! I'm mad I didn't get the Walmart brand.

I went to the doctor's the other day for a physical and I was told that I weighted 124 lb. I was a little shocked because a few months ago I weighted 130 lb.

My doctor told me that I weighted 136 lb this time last year! (I can't believe I weighted that much). But anyway, last year I started taking biotin and b-complex so maybe those two things were factors in me losing 12 pounds in the past year.

I'm on a vitamin break right now but once I start back, I'm going to add biotin and b-complex back into my regimen.

-Ebony

Wow. I started taking biotin for my hair last week, and now I am so glad I did. I can't wait to see how much weight I lose.

Biotin always seems to break me out. I want to use it, but I really don't want to deal with pimples. How do I use it but prevent zits?

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
dontspeak girl I think your right, now I have been on a low carb diet for a few years and lost the thirty pounds that I wanted to a few years ago. Normally when I cheat I put on weight but lately I have noticed that when I do cheat even though I dont lose, I dont gain either and I couldn't understand it, but now I think you may be on to something and someone else posted that she is diabetic and her doc put her on biotin and b 6 i think to help with her blood sugar, it does something to carbs. What an amazing side effect! Of course if your skinny you'd prolly need to counter that with some codliver oil caps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad this came up because I thought I was going crazy. Im experiencing something similar to this myself. I think I read that biotin efficiently breaks down fats and carbs and that's probably why when we cheat we are still not gaining
smile.gif
. I have noticed so much with biotin..Nails, hair, weight. Typing has become increasingly difficult because my claws are in the way all the time
laugh.gif

I know some people have recommended the freida brand and the walmart brand of biotin but i have a couple of bottles of puritan pride biotin i need to use up. would that still work? also what b-complex is everyone using? God bless you all.

[ QUOTE ]
Camille429 said:
Biotin always seems to break me out. I want to use it, but I really don't want to deal with pimples. How do I use it but prevent zits?

[/ QUOTE ]

lower dosage and drink lots of water, I experienced this before, but now I only take vitamins mon, wed, and fri, and max I take is 2000 mcg, 2 pills

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad this came up because I thought I was going crazy. Im experiencing something similar to this myself. I think I read that biotin efficiently breaks down fats and carbs and that's probably why when we cheat we are still not gaining
smile.gif
. I have noticed so much with biotin..Nails, hair, weight. Typing has become increasingly difficult because my claws are in the way all the time
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean because the other day someone asked me where did I get my nails done. I don't get them done they are real and I do them myself. She could not believe it. I take 10mg of biotin per day and I have ten long nails and no hair loss. I have not seen any significant shedding in about a year since I started the biotin.
smile.gif

DSD,
You're right about the connection between biotin and the weight loss. There are companies who are now selling vitamins especially developed to enhance low carb diets (one vitamin is called "Carb Smart"). If you read the ingredients you will find that basically all that they have done is increased the B Vitamin content, but most of all, the Biotin has been substantially increased. So, you go girl!
smile.gif

Just wanted to know if your Mom took biotin after she ate?

Hey DSD: did you take the biotin after you ate or before a meal? I am trying to figure out how to loose weight
smile.gif
Thanks

Hey ladies join us in the health and fitness board for more info

hmmm...i've been thinking of trying biotin.

but i'm never sure about trying anything -- i'm always apprehensive. lol

buuuuuut i was wondering if biotin is vegetarian/vegan safe?

i also need to find a regular multi-vitamin that's vegetarian/vegan safe. haha

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jancan7 said:
Hey DSD: did you take the biotin after you ate or before a meal? I am trying to figure out how to loose weight
smile.gif
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually take it first thing in the morning before meals.

Back