BIOTIN GREAT FOR HAIR NAILS AND WEIGHT LOSS!!!!

Re: BIOTIN GREAT FOR HAIR NAILS AND WEIGHT LOSS!!!

i just started taking biotin...i found a vegetarian formula [yay!] -- and we'll see how it works out! hopefully i'll get good results. ugh...i'm still having trouble finding a multi-vitamin that i can take..they all contain gelatin or some other animal product/by-product

Well I guess I won't be taking biotin as a supplement anymore, I'm trying to gain an extra 20 pounds not loose, :lachen: , I need to do some research on these vitamins. Thanks for the info DSD.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Well I guess I won't be taking biotin as a supplement anymore, I'm trying to gain an extra 20 pounds not loose, :lachen: , I need to do some research on these vitamins. Thanks for the info DSD.

i'm trying to gain weight aswell ITS NOT EASY what methods r u using?

I've been taking 3mg of Biotin and 3 1000mg capsules of MSM daily...for the last couple of months. My nails are short and thicker but they break often. I barely have enuff nails to shape. Why aren't my nails growing like everyone else's? Huh? I want answers...now! :D

You know what?? Come to think of it.... I'm thinking that maybe these biotin pills DO make you loose weight!!

Okay....about 6 months ago I started taking GNC Hair, Skin, and Nails formula (with biotin) and they have helped my nails tremendously!! My hair too.... I don't notice as much in the hair as I do with the nails, but I don't shed as much, and I know that these pills MUST be doing SOME good even if I can't see the long-term effects yet.

But anyway, BEFORE I started taking the hair, skin, and nails formula, I was just taking plain old GNC Biotin 2500mcg everyday. Just one small little pill. No weird smell, no side-effects or anything. And you know what?? I think I was loosing weight on those pills, because I'm usualy about 138 lbs, and I've been steadly about 138 lbs for a few years now. But when I was on those biotin pills earlier this year, my weight was slowly dropping to where I was about 130, 132lbs!!! :eek: I wasn't doing anything much differently either.

In fact, just the other day I was asking myself: "What was I doing differently?" Because these days (now that I don't take the plain straight biotin pills anymore) I am more like 138-140lbs! :( LOL* It may have been those pills!

I think I'm going to go to GNC and get me those Biotin pills and take those in addition to my hair, skin, and nails formula. ;)

Glad to see Biotin working for you DSD! I take products with high dosage of DSD and I can say that although I don't believe that it encourage growth of my hair, my nails are incredibly strong and have grown much thicker. I know it's the biotin because prior to my nails would split and have those nasty ridges on them, since taking biotin my nails are rock hard! Congrats on the weight loss!

you know I think I've lost weight while taking biotin that I bought from walmart as well. I can't stand to lose anymore so I won't be purchasing anymore and I'm getting awful breakouts but now I guess that comes from not drinking enough water.

Good to hear you are having great results! I noticed nearly 5 years ago when I first started taking biotin that it was for energy and increasing metabolism...hence the weight loss.

GrowthSpurt said:
You weigh 120 and want to lose ten lbs? If I may ask, how tall are you? I'm trying to get to 150 and I'm just under 5'10''. Are you petite in frame?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Candy_C said:
i'm trying to gain weight aswell ITS NOT EASY what methods r u using?

I thought I was the only one! I guess I will be jumping off the biotin bandwagon too, now. If you guys have any methods for gaining, I'd love to hear them!

i have noticed a change in hair and nails alot in the nails area...no weight loss though maybe gain..lol or maybe i am just hungryyyy

I actually just went and restocked up on my biotin vitamins because they are not expensive..i get mine from Walgreens....at first i was going to buy the ones for 10.00 with the 5000 mgs...but i was scared because i dont want to have these vitamins and they cause a breakout and then i have to end up going and purchasing a lower dosage..i went and got the 1000mgs...i may consider it once i sit down and actually figure out the real total of biotin that im getting from other vitamins...

lauren450 said:
I thought I was the only one! I guess I will be jumping off the biotin bandwagon too, now. If you guys have any methods for gaining, I'd love to hear them!

pasta, cheese, roast potatoes, bun and cheese, bread, apparently nuts...i ghained weight when i ate cheese and drank milk constantly. but i have 2 force food down me sumtimes, i just dnt get hungry!!!

lauren450 said:

When I was skinny and trying to gain weight (I'm 5'8" and was 105 lbs at my heaviest!), my doctor told me to drink a Slimfast with my meals. It adds calories, proteins, vitamins, and nutrients on top of the food you're already eating.

Of course, now, since I've had the kids, I'm drinking them as meal replacements trying to lose weight.

Kimberly said:
When I was skinny and trying to gain weight (I'm 5'8" and was 105 lbs at my heaviest!), my doctor told me to drink a Slimfast with my meals. It adds calories, proteins, vitamins, and nutrients on top of the food you're already eating.

Of course, now, since I've had the kids, I'm drinking them as meal replacements trying to lose weight.

good idea!

Thank you for the tips ladies. CandyC, I have to forcefeed myself too. I love to eat, but I'm lazy and don't like the actual act of eating, if that makes sense. It probably doesn't, lol.

Kimberly, I have 1 child, and I lost a ton of weight after I had her (I think it was the breastfeeding). I was so disappointed. I thought I would surely gain some hips at least. My sister told me the weight will probably stick after my next one, then I'll be wishing it would go away! I think I'll try the slimfast. My dh got me some GNC whey protein, but that stuff tastes awful to me.

lauren450 said:
Kimberly, I have 1 child, and I lost a ton of weight after I had her (I think it was the breastfeeding). I was so disappointed. I thought I would surely gain some hips at least. My sister told me the weight will probably stick after my next one, then I'll be wishing it would go away! I think I'll try the slimfast. My dh got me some GNC whey protein, but that stuff tastes awful to me.

I breastfed all three of mine and, if it did help me lose weight, I'd hate to see how big I would've been otherwise. Gaining weight was not a problem after I got pregnant! I'll tell ya'll what, though, I needed to go to WalMart to get some more Slimfast shakes and they are right over by the biotin...

Back