Bigen

brittanynic16

Has anyone used Bigen hair color? If so, did it dry out your hair? Did it make your hair extra black or did it look natural?

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
Has anyone used Bigen hair color? If so, did it dry out your hair? Did it make your hair extra black or did it look natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I tried Bigen Oriental Black last year and it was very drying to my hair. The color was black like I wanted but my hair felt sooooo dry. I'm never buying that stuff again.
frown.gif

I prefer Clairol Jazzing for temporary coloring. Textures and Tones is excellent for longer lasting color. There may be a couple of threads about Jazzing and T&T because a lot of people have had good results with them. Adore temporary color is another favorite. I tried the Adore but it was so-so with me. Something about the color seemed off.
ohwell.gif

I use it. I don't have the drying issues, but it makes the color very dark and it doesn't fade to it's intended color quickly. So, I had to learn to cope with my darker color. It's been the only permanent color my hair can take.

i looooove bigen hair color. whenever i use it i feel as if it moisturizes my hair. it always comes out shiny and very very soft. i can't say anything bad about bigen.

NAY, how do you use the bigen? Maybe it is something about the other products that makes you get the good results.
I am thinking about using it myself because I really love ink-black hair.
My hennalucent package says it can be used after hair coloring.
I was thinking about washing my hair, using the bigen, then hennalucent and then moisturizing the heck out of my hair. (Using L'oreal's mega moisture after the hennalucent, and then doing hot oil treatments and conditioner washes for about 2 weeks, every 2-3 days)
Would you recommend I just use bigen and then moisturize, saving the hennalucent for later?
Any thoughts/tips appreciated from bigen users, tia.

[ QUOTE ]
NAY007 said:
i looooove bigen hair color. whenever i use it i feel as if it moisturizes my hair. it always comes out shiny and very very soft. i can't say anything bad about bigen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I loved it too. The color is dark but I wanted that because my natural hair is jet black. I have not noticed drying at all, everyone says my hair is really soft, and no breakage from it. You may want to try something else because it definitely will make your hair dark, but I am noticing that it is now fading after 1 week.
smile.gif

The jazzing made my hair break off. I have never tried bigen but my Grandma used it and it made her hair break off.

when i use bigen i order it online and then take it to my hair stylist. she washes my hair to make sure it is clean. then she applies the mixture on my damp hair and let it sit. after wards she puts in a conditioner and that's it. i do deep condition a LOT. or let's say when i wash my hair i make sure i let it sit in my hair for a looong time. i don't use heat on my hair that much. maybe once a month. i really like bigen and the only thing that i did notice negative is the fact that it fades after about 2-3 months although it says on the package that it's permanent color. i don't know what hennalucent really is. is it the same as henna? i mean is it a color or just a powder that's supposed to strengthen your hair. my advice would be to just get it applied the way i get it applied. i think it's pretty simple but always make sure to condition!!!:) but when you color your hair extra conditioning should be no brainer. especially if you have relaxed hair on top of that. i really want to try bigen in brown, cause so far i have only used the oriental black and black brown but the results were always great.

when i use bigen i order it online and then take it to my hair stylist. she washes my hair to make sure it is clean. then she applies the mixture on my damp hair and let it sit. after wards she puts in a conditioner and that's it. i do deep condition a LOT. or let's say when i wash my hair i make sure i let it sit in my hair for a looong time. i don't use heat on my hair that much. maybe once a month. i really like bigen and the only thing that i did notice negative is the fact that it fades after about 2-3 months although it says on the package that it's permanent color. i don't know what hennalucent really is. is it the same as henna? i mean is it a color or just a powder that's supposed to strengthen your hair. my advice would be to just get it applied the way i get it applied. i think it's pretty simple but always make sure to condition!!!:) but when you color your hair extra conditioning should be no brainer. especially if you have relaxed hair on top of that. i really want to try bigen in brown, cause so far i have only used the oriental black and black brown but the results were always great.

I used it for the first time about 2 weeks ago in oriental black. So far Im not really experiencing any breakage...but I did a protein treatment w\deep condition with GPB and final condition with LUST a week after just to make sure I dont get any breakage. I am very satisfied with this product so far. I absolutely hate jazzing and sebatians colorshines. They make my hair feel very hard and too coated with dries out my hair. I guess it depends on how you take care of your hair after coloring also. I am giving my hair extra attention especially because I am nervous of any type of breakage.-Melissa

I did bigen yesterday, so far no breakage (that I wasn't already getting due to an overlapped relaxer). I took the risk anyway because I wanted to enjoy my shoulder-length hair as much as possible while I still have it.
I used oriental black. They aren't kidding, my hair is that deep, dark, true black color. I LOVE it. Now I feel like spraying on some serious shining spray or using some serum and flat ironing it out to really get that shine.
As for deep conditioning, I did one after I rinsed the color out. I used an avocado mashed up with honey and coconut oil, and followed that up with MM nurturing Creme. ONe thing I did notice--even though the water ran clear after rinsing out the dye, when I took off my plastic cap (I used the avocado mixture with heat) alot more dye ran out. My hair is still deep dark black, though. Still I think that deep treatments with heat will cause the color to fade over time, and that may be the culprit in the 2-3 months fading NAY noticed.
However, bigen is not expensive and I will just plan on using every 3 months , about a week after touchups.

Back