Big Chop! November 10th.

Harina

My big chop is right around the corner. I have finally decided to cut off all the relaxed off. Whew! It was so silly of me to think I was actually going to get anywhere with those damaged ends. It is better late than never. It's gonna be tough, I haven't been natural for about 8 years, but I know with this board, I can get through it. Does anyone else want to join me for a fresh start on hair care?

Congrats on your decision to BC!!:)
How many months are you into your transition?
I'm only 14 weeks post so I'm not ready to chop, maybe sometime next year though. I'm not ready to commit to a date yet.

My last relaxer was on August 7th, I believe. So that's... *calculating in my head* 3 days over 3 months. I'm not sure how much length I've retained. Becasue I've been keeping my hair in braids. I'm trying to do the c&g method to grow it out. It's been doing well so far.

aloha_bef said:
My last relaxer was on August 7th, I believe. So that's... *calculating in my head* 3 days over 3 months. I'm not sure how much length I've retained. Becasue I've been keeping my hair in braids. I'm trying to do the c&g method to grow it out. It's been doing well so far.

Wow you are brave!! I'm too attached to length to go that short.
Best of luck to you though....I'm sure it will look good on you.:)
I admire people who have the guts to BC!! :grin: (I'm too chicken :lol: )
I'm trying to transition for at least a year (or longer if need be), I want enough NG to do a small puff before I chop. We'll see though.;)

aloha_bef said:
My big chop is right around the corner. I have finally decided to cut off all the relaxed off. Whew! It was so silly of me to think I was actually going to get anywhere with those damaged ends. It is better late than never. It's gonna be tough, I haven't been natural for about 8 years, but I know with this board, I can get through it. Does anyone else want to join me for a fresh start on hair care?

It's going to be great! You can do so much with natural hair (including straighten it)

Congrats and goodluck on your decision!! Id be right there with you, but im enjoying my new cut :) im sure youll look nice with a TWA

Back