Big Chop (BC) done June 2009

Here is my hair after the BC the next day after and attempted braidout
100_1642.jpg

here is my BC hair
100_1633.jpg

Alot of growth and health has come since then. Now we need some more pics up in this thread.

:blush: OH M GEEE. Thank ya I am so flattered. Crazy cause I was having a slight breakout from the PMS and such. Anyways thanks. I am so in love with my hair now.

I am finding out through this process that I have 3 different hair stypes going on at the same time... Is anyone else experiencing this?

mswoman: Yes, I have noticed 3 different hairtypes also. The sides are one type, top and the lower back.
I am finding out through this process that I have 3 different hair stypes going on at the same time... Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hey ladies I was just checking in on everyone seeing how u all were doing. Mswoman we transition around the same amount of time so I will be keepin a growth check on u! Fabulous pictures by the way. Hair for me is great! I just updated my fotki so check it out if u want. Going on month 3 of bc and I will be in the twist challenge! It won't be hard for me as I rather my hair be in twist then out! I've currently started to work out more so less time worrying about my hair. I will make an attempt to put my products up when I get back home. Its very simple and I'm trying not to try a lot of different products although they look juicy. Good job ladies and keep it up well be SL in no time

As do I. My hair has so many different textures thru out ists silly. Nape is probably 3c 4a my crown 4b and top little bit of 4a then front 4b. I have 2 pieces behind each ear that are in the 3's then thru out I have some straight pieces. I've noticed my sisters hair does the same!! I luv our hair

Hello Ladies can I get in on this.
I bc'd June 1st... I think... after 3 months of transitioning.....and I love the simplicity of my natural hair. :) although I am longin for some length...sigh....but I'm going to enjoy my hair as it grows. Will post some pics prob on the 31

Hey Everyone!!! I have pictures! I am so happy.... I found out my hair is growing at a rate of .5 inches per month because it's a 2.5 almost 3 on the measuring for top and sides and the back was 1.5 whoo hooo!!!

Bablou - At least I'm not alone. I thought that it was my hair growing out from the relaxer but it's straight even at the root. So I will take it maybe it will curl up with the rest of it later on.

I like your hair style in that picture it's really cute!

IMG_0403.jpg

DSCF8027.jpg

1st pic a couple of days after BC
2nd pic 1 1/2 ago

so sorry if these pics are big...im sure you all dont want to see my face all up close and personal...haha!!! I dont know if Im seeing a lot of growth but there is a little difference in my hair....moisture!!! when I look back on my first month photos I can see how dry my hair was. I was having trouble with that before my BC and now that I co-wash almost daily my hair is so soft and moisturized.
I was just counting the months yesterday and couldnt believe that 3mons have already gone by. I luv my natural hair more and more each day even though its twisted 99% of the time. I hope to do some better comparsion pics when I untwist of pics rt when i BC'd to now!!! Show your pics ladies

Nice growth... I am excited to measure on the 30th. I will be sure to post. I don't look right in twists just yet. Maybe I am doing them too big? I plan on getting braids this weekend so we'll see.

Good Morning Everyone,
I have an updated pic in my siggy. I am TRYING to just let my hair grow and not go to the barber. I haven't went since August 09. I would have have much more growth if I stayed out of the barbers chair. I would go in for a lineup and end up letting him trim, end result shorter hair again.

Back